🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ 50 years since Loving v Virginia

You know, I kinda look at this the way Jesus did. He said to all of us, "love God above all else, and love one another like you love God".

Neither gender nor race was specified. Just told to love each other.
Yes. He did not say though that government was to be the instrument to dispense that love

Well, if you have a government telling you who you can and can't love, then that is the government being an instrument to dispense the love, because they favor one type over another. Examples would be white/white vs. black/white, male/female vs. same sex marriage. If you favor keeping the races separate via marriage, or keeping people from marrying those of the same gender, while allowing opposite sex couples to marry, then that is the government dispensing love. They tell you who you can and can't love if they place restrictions.

You're going to have to explain that to me.

Gays could love, fuck and spend their lives with whoever they wanted, no one gave a shit.

Gays could not get government handouts for screwing someone of their own sex.

Your description of that is "government telling you who you can and can't love." That's utterly stupid. How does not giving gays handouts for fucking mean they can't love who they love?

Cut the crap

You know, I kinda look at this the way Jesus did. He said to all of us, "love God above all else, and love one another like you love God".

Yes. He did not say though that government was to be the instrument to dispense that love

Well, if you have a government telling you who you can and can't love, then that is the government being an instrument to dispense the love, because they favor one type over another. Examples would be white/white vs. black/white, male/female vs. same sex marriage. If you favor keeping the races separate via marriage, or keeping people from marrying those of the same gender, while allowing opposite sex couples to marry, then that is the government dispensing love. They tell you who you can and can't love if they place restrictions.

Gays could love, fuck and spend their lives with whoever they wanted, no one gave a shit.

Your description of that is "government telling you who you can and can't love." That's utterly stupid. How does not giving gays handouts for fucking mean they can't love who they love?

Cut the crap

And there is zero comparison between restricting gay marriage and interracial marriage. Let's say we have straight you, and we have gay you. You can marry exactly the same people. Let's say we have white you and we have black you. That did change who you could marry. Fail, you lost. You can't compare that.

The job of the courts is literal. So your argument is a fail. The job of being "fair" (whatever that means) is the legislature. Legislatures had a legitimate right to define marriage. The courts did not

Its quite sobering for me to realise that this happened in my lifetime and not in victorian times. We tend to look at South Africa as an example of Apartheid but parts of the US needed to be dragged into civilisation.

It took Alabama till 2000 to remove the laws from its statutes.

And now its such a normal event people scratch their heads and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Did the world fall apart ?

No.

I wonder if,in 50 years time, our kids will look back at the gay marriage struggle and wonder what we were thinking. Will our generation be judged as backward bigots because of the actions of the few ?

I hope that we arent all judged harshly.
Loving violated the 14th amendment. No gay marriage violated nothing in the constitution. I'd have preferred to show our kids we believed in the rule of law over the rule of courts

LOL- I love the rationalizations of todays bigots.

In 1969 you would be arguing that Virginia was not violating teh 14th Amendment just as you argue that states were not violating it in in Obergefell.

Cut the crap

And there is zero comparison between restricting gay marriage and interracial marriage. Let's say we have straight you, and we have gay you. You can marry exactly the same people. Let's say we have white you and we have black you. That did change who you could marry. Fail, you lost. You can't compare that.

The job of the courts is literal. So your argument is a fail. The job of being "fair" (whatever that means) is the legislature. Legislatures had a legitimate right to define marriage. The courts did not

Let's say we have female you and male you- you before Obergefell you could marry anyone you wanted- so long as the male you married a female.

Just as before Loving- you could marry any white you wanted to- but not any black you wanted to.

Virginia prevented the marriage of people who were not the same race.
Georgia and others prevented marriage of people who were not the same gender.

Tell us all about how the Lovings wanted to get married only for government handouts?

How did not giving mixed race couples handouts for fucking mean they couldn't love who they loved?

Oh wait- you are going to hold them to a different standard than every gay couple?

Of course you are.

Its quite sobering for me to realise that this happened in my lifetime and not in victorian times. We tend to look at South Africa as an example of Apartheid but parts of the US needed to be dragged into civilisation.

And now its such a normal event people scratch their heads and wonder what all the fuss was about.

No.

I wonder if,in 50 years time, our kids will look back at the gay marriage struggle and wonder what we were thinking. Will our generation be judged as backward bigots because of the actions of the few ?

Yes....democrats have been and still are racists in this country..... why Black Americans vote for a political party that treated them so horribly is still a mystery...

Loving v. Virginia - Wikipedia

Anti-miscegenation laws in the United States had been in place in certain states since colonial days. Marriage to a slave was never legal.[citation needed] In the Reconstruction Era in 1865, the Black Codes across the seven states of the lower South made intermarriage illegal.

The new Republican legislatures in six states repealed the restrictive laws.

After the Democrats returned to power, the restriction was reimposed.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

No.

Yes....democrats have been and still are racists in this country..... why Black Americans vote for a political party that treated them so horribly is still a mystery...

Anti-miscegenation laws in the United States had been in place in certain states since colonial days. Marriage to a slave was never legal.[citation needed] In the Reconstruction Era in 1865, the Black Codes across the seven states of the lower South made intermarriage illegal.

Blacks have been voting Democratic since FDR

About the time they realized what assholes Republicans are

No.

Yes....the Republicans who ended democrats owning blacks as slaves and who helped keep the democrat kkk from terrorizing the newly freed blacks.......

No.

Maybe in 50 years the filthy British animals will finally write a Constitution with a Bill of Rights and that fetid spit of land can join humanity.

No.

Yes....the Republicans who ended democrats owning blacks as slaves and who helped keep the democrat kkk from terrorizing the newly freed blacks.......
I know.......what happened to Republicans?
They used to care about what happened in black communities. Now, they only want them in prison

No.

They used to care about what happened in black communities. Now, they only want them in prison

No.....the democrats keep letting out violent criminals back into Black, democrat communities to keep them under control.....

No.

No.....the democrats keep letting out violent criminals back into Black, democrat communities to keep them under control.....
Republicans won’t provide jobs in black communities
But they have no problem building more prisons

No.

What happened to democrats? They used to focus on limiting, defining, enslaving, and maintaining soul-crushing dependency for anyone but their own elites; killing if necessary (or merely convenient), the Constitution and human dignity and decency be damned.

Oh that's right, nothing has changed with the democrats.

No.

What happened to democrats? They used to focus on limiting, defining, enslaving, and maintaining soul-crushing dependency for anyone but their own elites; killing if necessary (or merely convenient), the Constitution and human dignity and decency be damned.

Such mindless propaganda
You used to be better

No.

Such mindless propaganda
You used to be better

No.

Such mindless propaganda
You used to be better
Wrong

No.

Nothing has ‘happened’ to Democrats.

They continue to defend the privacy rights of women, the equal protection rights of gay Americans, the due process rights of immigrants, and the voting rights of minorities against conservatives’ efforts to violate those rights and protected liberties.

Democrats continue to defend the Constitution and respect the rule of law – both of which Republicans and most on the right refuse to do.

And when the states again are allowed to violate citizens’ rights and protected liberties, it will be the consequence of a Republican president’s judicial appointments, facilitated by a hateful Republican political agenda.

They continue to defend the privacy rights of women, the equal protection rights of gay Americans, the due process rights of immigrants, and the voting rights of minorities against conservatives’ efforts to violate those rights and protected liberties.

Democrats continue to defend the Constitution and respect the rule of law – both of which Republicans and most on the right refuse to do.

And when the states again are allowed to violate citizens’ rights and protected liberties, it will be the consequence of a Republican president’s judicial appointments, facilitated by a hateful Republican political agenda.

Question asked, what happened to Democrats? Thanks for answering it, Clayton. What happened to Democrats is perversion of the English language to justify radical leftist positions. This is a great list of them.

For example, gays aren't discriminated against. They have the same rights as anyone else.

You're not giving illegal aliens "due process," you're trying to bring in as many of them as you can.

And no one is being denied the ability to vote. You're not fighting for the right of legal voters to vote, you're eliminating protections from fraud.

Every position is false and justified by word games ala 1984

No.

Well.... in the past they only wanted Black people as slaves. Today, they are less limited in who they want to enslave, anyone still alive is pretty much their target population....

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

You really are a stupid individual...with no sense of truth, facts or history...... good to know.

Forum List

Back