5th graders conspire to commit murder

I hope they are still in custody and will remain there until the legal process is complete.

<During last week's hearing, Deputy Stevens County Prosecutor Lech Radzimski asked the judge to order the boys not to have contact with eight children identified by their initials. >

Read more: Two 5th grade boys, ages 10 and 11, charged in murder conspiracy - UPI.com

sounds like the parents should expect some legal consequences, too.

Y'all act like this is something new. It's not. Unusual, yes, but not unheard of by a long shot.

Top 10 Young Killers - Listverse

I guess it is no longer new but disturbing. With all the emphasis on identifying potentially disturbed individuals it seems that early intervention will have to begin at kindergarten.

They will have a hearing to determine if they were capable of criminal intent. It certainly sounds like they were.

In reality--I suppose they could end up in a diversion program/counseling and maybe they can be helped. Quite possibly will not be allowed to return to that school or district.

Y'all act like this is something new. It's not. Unusual, yes, but not unheard of by a long shot.

Well, thanks for putting this whole thing in perspective.

Just a couple of more pre-teen sociopaths plotting a mass murder.

Nothing to see here. Just move along, please.

:cuckoo:

I'm not saying it's nothing to be worried about or something so common place that it can safely be ignored. I'm saying that it's not an indication of any thing new, that it doesn't mean the world is going to hell in hand-basket any more than it has before.

Nothing has changed since the dawn of humanity. Nothing has gotten worse. Nothing is going on now which hasn't gone on before. Human beings are still human beings and human nature is still human nature.

I'm not saying it's nothing to be worried about or something so common place that it can safely be ignored. I'm saying that it's not an indication of any thing new, that it doesn't mean the world is going to hell in hand-basket any more than it has before.

Nothing has changed since the dawn of humanity. Nothing has gotten worse. Nothing is going on now which hasn't gone on before. Human beings are still human beings and human nature is still human nature.

Maybe.

I tend to believe that there is a lack of stability of some kind when the results are 9/10 year olds designing a plan to kill a girlfriend or others.

Can that be repaired--I hope so.

Maybe.

I tend to believe that there is a lack of stability of some kind when the results are 9/10 year olds designing a plan to kill a girlfriend or others.

Can that be repaired--I hope so.

I still can't get past 10 and 11 year olds having girlfriends.

They're teaching them about sex in 4th grade, and about anal sex in 5th.

The schools foster this sort of shit.

You're no longer allowed to tell your children not to engage in sex, and the schools are no longer obligated to tell you if your kids are having sex or engaging in risky behavior at school. This is where it take us.

You can instill all the values you want... they go to school and spend 8 hours a day getting programmed to reject them.

It's too bad locals don't have a say in what's taught in their schools, that they don't have the ability to elect officials, opt out of sex Ed classes, or even send their children to a different school all together.

Oh wait.

They do.

In this district if you want to send your kid to a different school, they make you pay a fee, and you only get to send your kid to that school if there is actually an opening.

Amy also contends that sex among children is legal.

I wouldn't take her advice on anything with legal ramifications....

It's too bad locals don't have a say in what's taught in their schools, that they don't have the ability to elect officials, opt out of sex Ed classes, or even send their children to a different school all together.

Oh wait.

They do.

In this district if you want to send your kid to a different school, they make you pay a fee, and you only get to send your kid to that school if there is actually an opening.

Ok?

So move. Or send your child to a private school. Or become more active in the school board.

Forum List

Back