🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

60 Minutes looks at Nick Saban

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
If you missed the 60 Minutes story on Nick Saban, try and find it online.

There is not another coach, possibly program, that is operating at the level Saban and the Crimson Tide has reached. And he is still pushing.

Excellent piece.

Thanks to sanctions, USC would have beat Saban in 2003 and Meyer in 2008 but was left out of the BSC Championship game. OSU was by far better than Notre Lame.

Bama vs Ohio State would have been a MUCH better game. But the way Saban prepares, I don't know who could beat him in a bowl game.

I am impressed by his way of focusing on each play as if it were the most important one of the game.

BYruJMHCIAE4HdR.jpg:large

It's not stimulating to me because after awhile when a team just keeps winning everything even in your own conference year, after year, you just get tired of them for no simpler reason than you'd like to see someone different win. I'm not dissing Saban, just don't really care.

It's not stimulating to me because after awhile when a team just keeps winning everything even in your own conference year, after year, you just get tired of them for no simpler reason than you'd like to see someone different win. I'm not dissing Saban, just don't really care.

I can understand that. I am just fascinated by the way Saban's program has continued to win, continued to be extremely profitable, continued to have a good graduation rate, and to stay on track. That is unusual, to say the very least.

Alabama is simply dominant. They're operating on a level I haven't seen in years. I sure hope Texas throws 10 million his way. Not sure he would take it though.

Last edited:
He is a great coach.

Being a Husker fan, with the history between Bryant and Devany/Osborne, those down years Bama went through were heartbreaking! Now the tide has turned (pun not intended). Bama's back on top and the children of the corn are watching from the cheap seats.

I enjoyed the piece, the guy is certainly motivated.

I think FSU or O-State will put on a great show in the NC game against the Tide.

The funny part here is that Ohio State could go undefeated under Urban for the last two years and not win a national title.

Pretty funny stuff.

The funny part here is that Ohio State could go undefeated under Urban for the last two years and not win a national title.

Pretty funny stuff.

It certainly could happen. The BCS era could end with 4 undefeated teams, all with legitimate arguments as to who should be playing for the big enchilada.

But then again there's still a lot of season left!

Pretty funny stuff.

Well, they were undefeated last year but were under a bowl ban.

This year their scheduling has kept them below the top spots.

Yes, they are undefeated under Urban. But they also have not played a team ranked in the top 15 under Urban either.

Pretty funny stuff.

Yes, they are undefeated under Urban. But they also have not played a team ranked in the top 15 under Urban either.

And being stuck in the Easy 10, they probably never will again.

Pretty funny stuff.

Rankings are just biased opinion, Fresno State at #14 is a joke.

Did he get asked about D.J. Fluker or Luther Davis or talk of PEDs being used? Unlikely.

Did he get asked about D.J. Fluker or Luther Davis or talk of PEDs being used? Unlikely.

Do you actually think he knew?

The Fluker thing has not gone any farther than a post on Twitter that Fluker denies he made.

Since Saban took over as head coach, not only is the Crimson Tide winning, the graduation rate has gone up every year, the athletic dept is one of the most profitable in the NCAA, millions of dollars are going into the general scholarship fund, and the enrollment at UA is at an all-time high.

But you want him to know what every player does every minute of every day. lol And I'm sure you care for strictly altruistic reasons.

The Fluker thing has not gone any farther than a post on Twitter that Fluker denies he made.

Since Saban took over as head coach, not only is the Crimson Tide winning, the graduation rate has gone up every year, the athletic dept is one of the most profitable in the NCAA, millions of dollars are going into the general scholarship fund, and the enrollment at UA is at an all-time high.

But you want him to know what every player does every minute of every day. lol And I'm sure you care for strictly altruistic reasons.

As we saw with USC sanctions the NCAA doesn't need proof, at least when dealing with non SEC teams.

As we saw with USC sanctions the NCAA doesn't need proof, at least when dealing with non SEC teams.

We also saw that it can take years to follow up on things, and yet people are clamoring for sanctions now.

Forum List

Back