63% of Republicans STILL Think Iraq Had WMDs

CaféAuLait;6057112 said:
It doesn't freaking matter what anyone _said_. There were no WMDs. Twist and squirm and scream all you want, but there were still no WMDs.

And what's more, "everbody" did not say such things. The liberals -- as opposed to the Democrats -- were universally not fooled, being that we're not morons. We said it was BS. And because of that, our entire national media and every single gullible crank like you screamed about how all the liberals were traitors.

There were no WMDs found. Bush lied. You fell for it. And instead of admitting that error, you're choosing to keep lying.

I already told you to stop diverting with idiot stories of what some Democrat did, or what happened in the 1990s. If you were honest -- and you're not -- you wouldn't try to pull such evasions.

No WMDs were found. That's the issue you can't run from. Bush lied, and you are now lying.

LOL whatever. The democrats were making the claims past 2003 but it was only Bush who lied. Get over it. Dems claimed there were WMDs and now want to claim they were duped. In fact they clamed such up until Bush was president and after he was president, but it's all Bush's fault. The quotes are there and you all can't pretend they do not exist. :)

cool, meister is still hovering.

now put something on the table.

What would you like? The Oil for Food scandal....and it's "players"?

CaféAuLait;6057112 said:
LOL whatever. The democrats were making the claims past 2003 but it was only Bush who lied. Get over it. Dems claimed there were WMDs and now want to claim they were duped. In fact they clamed such up until Bush was president and after he was president, but it's all Bush's fault. The quotes are there and you all can't pretend they do not exist. :)

oops, gingko is your friend.

review the thread.

it was your choice to call me a liar several times.

should be like totally easy to support your opinion.

all your other input was offal.

i am telling you this, because no one else is telling you this.

hehhehe,

seriously, do you know roland d. lebay.

do you drink pbr?

review the thread.

hehhehe,

do you drink pbr?

Liar...how does that work for you, LK?

review the thread.

hehhehe,

do you drink pbr?

Liar...how does that work for you, LK?

you have no honour.

you could say you got carried away, and apologize, but no, you double down on the stupid.

how is that working for you, bubble boy.

Bill Clinton told America that Iraq had WMD's. The CIA told Bush that Iraq was developing WMD's. Iran gained an entire fleet of fighter jets when Iraq hid it's air force in Iran during the 1st Gulf War. Bush gave Saddam about a year to comply with UN sanctions. Iran suddenly gained nuclear technology when the US attacked Iraq. Figure it out yet?

Figure it out?

You need tio study the history of Iran a bit there.

Bush 41 suckered Saddam into Kuwait by allowing April Glaspie to give him the "green light".

Is the US State Department still keeping April Glaspie under wraps?

Bush 43 manufactured lies about Saddam's 9/11 connection, yellowcake and the scary "smoking gun" mushroom cloud.

your left wing source is hilarious and misinformed. did you even what she supposedly said?

US Ambassador Glaspie:

"I have direct instructions from President Bush to improve our relations with Iraq. We have considerable sympathy for your quest for higher oil prices, the immediate cause of your confrontation with Kuwait. (pause) As you know, I have lived here for years and admire your extraordinary efforts to rebuild your country (after the Iran-Iraq war). We know you need funds. We understand that, and our opinion is that you should have the opportunity to rebuild your country. (pause) We can see that you have deployed massive numbers of troops in the south. Normally that would be none of our business, but when this happens in the context of your other threats against Kuwait, then it would be reasonable for us to be concerned. For this reason, I have received an instruction to ask you, in the spirit of friendship - not confrontation - regarding your intentions. Why are your troops massed so very close to Kuwait’s borders?"

there was no green light liarhota

MOst agree that the US gave Sadam indications that they would not interfere is he invaded Quait.

After all Reagan took an official no comment stance concerning Iraqs use of chemical WMD's against Iran.

MOst agree that the US gave Sadam indications that they would not interfere is he invaded Quait.

After all Reagan took an official no comment stance concerning Iraqs use of chemical WMD's against Iran.

i did not even want to open that package,

the testimony about the babies in kuwait.

but that was gulf war 1

but you (the USA) did not even come clean about the tonkin gulf ( a democrat) farce.

did i mention that you suck, you americans, you know who you are.

Bush 41 suckered Saddam into Kuwait by allowing April Glaspie to give him the "green light".

Is the US State Department still keeping April Glaspie under wraps?

Bush 43 manufactured lies about Saddam's 9/11 connection, yellowcake and the scary "smoking gun" mushroom cloud.

your left wing source is hilarious and misinformed. did you even what she supposedly said?

US Ambassador Glaspie:

"I have direct instructions from President Bush to improve our relations with Iraq. We have considerable sympathy for your quest for higher oil prices, the immediate cause of your confrontation with Kuwait. (pause) As you know, I have lived here for years and admire your extraordinary efforts to rebuild your country (after the Iran-Iraq war). We know you need funds. We understand that, and our opinion is that you should have the opportunity to rebuild your country. (pause) We can see that you have deployed massive numbers of troops in the south. Normally that would be none of our business, but when this happens in the context of your other threats against Kuwait, then it would be reasonable for us to be concerned. For this reason, I have received an instruction to ask you, in the spirit of friendship - not confrontation - regarding your intentions. Why are your troops massed so very close to Kuwait’s borders?"

there was no green light liarhota

Cherry picking only part of the meeting doesn't change the "context" of the overall meeting. The "green light" was clearly given to Saddam.

It beats your jealousy and annoyance that President Bush prevented further attacks on America for the next 7 years, madam.
To understand how Bush managed to "prevent further attacks" it is necessary to first know what motivated the 9/11 attack. The motivation for that attack was our support of Israel's expansion into the Gaza region and Bush's failure to withdraw the U.S. military base (the bin Sultan Airbase) which was installed to facilitate Operation Desert Storm. The following is excerpted from a 1998 PBS Frontline interview with Osama bin Laden:

(Excerpt)

I say to them that they have put themselves at the mercy of a disloyal government, and this is most evident in Clinton's administration ... . We believe that this administration represents Israel inside America. Take the sensitive ministries such as the Ministry of Exterior and the Ministry of Defense and the CIA, you will find that the Jews have the upper hand in them. They make use of America to further their plans for the world, especially the Islamic world. American presence in the Gulf provides support to the Jews and protects their rear. And while millions of Americans are homeless and destitute and live in abject poverty, their government is busy occupying our land and building new settlements and helping Israel build new settlements in the point of departure for our Prophet's midnight journey to the seven heavens. America throws her own sons in the land of the two Holy Mosques for the sake of protecting Jewish interests. ...

(Close)

Read more here: Http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/who/interview.html#ixzz1NaZpBueq

Shortly after the 9/11 attack, Bush ordered removal of the offending airbase from Mecca and he pressured Sharon to evict the expanding Gaza settlements, for which he paid each evicted settler $25,000 U.S. taxpayer's dollars.

That is how bush prevented further attacks. Had he done those things to begin with he would have prevented the 9/11 attack to begin with. So there is bitter irony in praising him for his preventive efforts.

Last edited:
Bush gave each illegal israelli settler 25,000 tax dollars and how long thill they were back in the settlements?

Where the hell is the OP now???? You were saying?? That you DUMBFUCK liberals lied , used a propaganda war and covered up the truth for political purposes while our troops SUFFERED. Just like Vietnam and AGENT ORANGE.. All a coverup.. MAKES ME SICK.
Boy, you are as dumb as a box of rocks! Wait a minute, maybe I'm being too hard on the rocks, you might be dummer.

So you claim liberals lied about WMD's in not being in Iraq and, therefore, no justification to invade that country was present in 2003. And as proof liberals lied about the presence of WMD's in Iraq, you post a dozen links about WMD's found in 1991. You do realize that 1991 and 2003 are not the same year? And that no one is disputing Iraq had WMD's back then?

The issue is, they weren't there in 2002 and 2003. And that, you haven't proven they were.

What a fuckin' dolt!

The Great WMD Hunt

By Seth Ackerman

By the time the war against Iraq began, much of the media had been conditioned to believe, almost as an article of faith, that Saddam Hussein's Iraq was bulging with chemical and biological weapons, despite years of United Nations inspections. Reporters dispensed with the formality of applying modifiers like "alleged" or "suspected" to Iraq's supposed unconventional weapon stocks. Instead, they asked "what precise threat Iraq and its weapons of mass destruction pose to America" (NBC Nightly News, 1/27/03). They wrote matter-of-factly of Washington's plans for a confrontation "over Iraq's banned weapons programs" (Washington Post, 1/27/03). And they referred to debates over whether Saddam Hussein was "making a good-faith effort to disarm Iraq's weapons of mass destruction" (Time, 2/3/03).

All of this came despite repeated reminders from the chief U.N. weapons inspector that it was his job to determine if Iraq was hiding weapons, and that it should not simply be assumed that Iraq was doing so.

So with much of southern Iraq in the hands of coalition forces by the weekend after the opening of hostilities, reporters naturally started asking where the weapons were: "Bush administration officials were peppered yesterday with questions about why allied forces in Iraq have not found any of the chemical or biological weapons that were President Bush's central justification for forcibly disarming Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's government," the Washington Post reported (3/23/03).

Miraculously, the answer seemed to come that Sunday night (3/23/03), when military officials told the media of a "chemical facility" found in the southern town of Najaf. "Bob, as you know, there's a lot of talk right now about a chemical cache that has been found at a chemical facility," MSNBC anchor Forrest Sawyer told White House correspondent Bob Kur. "I underscore, we do not know what the chemicals are, but it sure has gotten spread around fast."

It sure had. Over on Fox News Channel (3/23/03), the headline banners were already rolling: "HUGE CHEMICAL WEAPONS FACTORY FOUND IN SO IRAQ.... REPORTS: 30 IRAQIS SURRENDER AT CHEM WEAPONS PLANT.... COAL TROOPS HOLDING IRAQI IN CHARGE OF CHEM WEAPONS." The Jerusalem Post, whose embedded reporter helped break the story along with a Fox correspondent, announced in a front-page headline (3/24/03), "U.S. Troops Capture First Chemical Plant."

The next day (10/24/03), a Fox correspondent in Qatar quietly issued an update to the story: The "chemical weapons facility discovered by coalition forces did not appear to be an active chemical weapons facility." Further testing was required. In fact, U.S. officials had admitted that morning that the site contained no chemicals at all and had been abandoned long ago (Dow Jones wire, 3/24/03).

Much More: The Great WMD Hunt

Forum List

Back