65-year-old mother of 13 expecting quadruplets.

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
65-Year-Old German Mom of 13 Expecting Again This Time Quadruplets - NBC News

A 65-year-old German woman with 13 children is pregnant again. And this time she's expecting quadruplets, for a total of 17.

Annegret Raunigk, an elementary school teacher from Spandau, a western district of Berlin, made the news 10 years ago when she gave birth at age 55 to her 13th child, a daughter, Lelia. That was considered something akin to a miracle, since Raunigk became pregnant naturally and without any fertility treatments.

Her first 12 children — by five men — are ages 22 to 44 (11 of them, in fact, were born in the former East Germany), the Berliner Morgenpost and Bild newspapers reported. Lelia turns just 10 on June 1, and she wanted a sibling closer to her own age, according to the magazine and radio company RTL, which is documenting Raunigk's pregnancy on its current affairs show "Extra."

So Raunigk sought fertility treatments this time.

"So what if I'm 65?" Raunigk told RTL. "Why must one always hew to the obvious clichés? I find that quite exhausting."

Good for her. Judging by the picture with the story the children all look like perfectly normal, well adjusted kids. I say if you can legitimately handle 17 kids at 65 years old then go for it. :thup:

That's just insane.

I'd be locked in the bathroom, rocking back and forth with a box of razor blades.

That's just insane.

I'd be locked in the bathroom, rocking back and forth with a box of razor blades.

It's sounds crazier until you take into account the age of her children. They range from between 10 and 44 years old. She hasn't had to take care of many of them for decades.

That's just insane.

It's sounds crazier until you take into account the age of her children. They range from between 10 and 44 years old. She hasn't had to take care of many of them for decades.

Shoot. I was done with quadruplets and a 10 year old.

Good for her. Judging by the picture with the story the children all look like perfectly normal, well adjusted kids. I say if you can legitimately handle 17 kids at 65 years old then go for it. :thup:
I agree, but I won't be surprised if it ends up being a challenge with her age being what it is and all. You would think that she couldn't have anymore kids by now.

God bless you and the woman and her family always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

249270409_664e6841fa.jpg

Forum List

Back