Zone1 69 Black Boys Padlocked In Their School Dormitory Then Set On Fire

Keep stretching. You'll reach that straw yet. Locking that many black boys in a room and then setting it on fire isn't racist? You know that's crazy, right?
One, they were PRISONERS in a REFORM SCHOOL. That is a jail school for juvenile criminals. Two, exterior doors in jails are ALWAYS locked. Three, it was a electrical fire caused by defective or damaged wiring. It was a tragedy, but it was an accident.

How prevalent do you think it is?
If its one thing that racists cannot stand, its the "mixing" of races.

In 1958 only 4% of Americans approved of interracial marriage. A Gallup poll in 2021 showed that figure has risen to 94%.

Based on the evidence, I would say that racism was almost dead...until it was resurrected by the Democrats.

If its one thing that racists cannot stand, its the "mixing" of races.

In 1958 only 4% of Americans approved of interracial marriage. A Gallup poll in 2021 showed that figure has risen to 94%.

Based on the evidence, I would say that racism was almost dead...until it was resurrected by the Democrats.
What evidence?

This happened yesterday in 1959, a time many like to suggest was when America was "great."

Were these Democrats or Republicans who set this poor hardworking kids trying to get an education on fire? Who cares?

Racist white people did it and nothing was really ever done about it.

This is this country's history, and we have to come to grips w/that.

A very disturbing killings from the past, whoever did such a terrible deed should receive the death penalty, doubtful the scum who did this is alive. Terrible what humans do to humans.

Let's have a look see, shall we...?

"
On March 5, 1959, twenty-one African American boys burned to death inside a dormitory at an Arkansas reform school in Wrightsville (Pulaski County). The doors were locked from the outside. The fire mysteriously ignited around 4:00 a.m. on a cold, wet morning, following earlier thunderstorms in the same area of rural Pulaski County. The institution was one mile down a dirt road from the mostly Black town of Wrightsville, then an unincorporated hamlet thirteen miles south of Little Rock (Pulaski County). Forty-eight children, ages thirteen to seventeen, managed to claw their way to safety by knocking out two of the window screens. Amidst the choking, blinding smoke and heat, four or five boys at a time tried to fight their way forward through the narrow openings as the fire began to devour them. Survivors never forgot the horror of that fire. The wife of one of the survivors later said, in an interview before her husband’s death from cancer, that he had continued to dream about the fire.

The event brought attention to this largely forgotten institution that was operating during the Jim Crow era in Arkansas. Founded in 1923, the Arkansas Negro Boys Industrial School (NBIS) was, for most of its existence, a juvenile work farm located first outside Pine Bluff (Jefferson County) and then, in the mid-1930s, outside of Wrightsville.

The institution became “Exhibit A” for the disparities that prevailed in Arkansas during segregation. Throughout the history of segregation, government employees, historians, and sociologists documented differences in the philosophy and physical structures of the white and Black institutions in the state. For example, the 1940 biennial report to the governor notes the following vocational trades taught at a white boys’ school: “carpentry and joining, cabinet work, glazing, painting cement work, brick laying, wood and metal lathe operation, blacksmithing, acetylene welding, plastering, tailoring and shoe mending.” NBIS is mentioned only once—as the recipient of 156 mattresses made by the white boys’ trade school. By the time of the fire, the differences had only marginally narrowed.

A 1956 report by sociologist Gordon Morgan documented the horrific conditions at Wrightsville. It was not merely that “vocational education suffers greatly at the school.” The squalor was mind boggling: “Many boys go for days with only rags for clothes. More than half of them wear neither socks nor underwear during [the winter] of 1955–56….[It is] not uncommon to see youths going for weeks without bathing or changing clothes.” At times, the number of boys at the “school” was over 100. There was no laundry equipment. A single thirty-gallon hot water tank served the bathing needs of the entire population. The water was deemed undrinkable. Employees brought their own drinking water to work.
"

When, does anyone think, that the hatred to cause this sort of disparity and abuse to change? How long does it take for a community to change their hearts after treating human beings like this?

So why did you feel the need to LIE about this event Dudley? Why?!?
It was horrific, but also in the past.

This happened yesterday in 1959, a time many like to suggest was when America was "great."

Were these Democrats or Republicans who set this poor hardworking kids trying to get an education on fire? Who cares?

Racist white people did it and nothing was really ever done about it.

This is this country's history, and we have to come to grips w/that.

Racist crime is not limited toward black people, and this article is from 1994, not 1959.

No. That claim was made, but no link or other proof.
You could have done this, it took me about thirty seconds, but you are too entitled and lazy.

"Negro Boys Industrial School Fire of 1959

Global web icon
  • Estimated Reading Time: 10 mins
On March 5, 1959, twenty-one African-American boys burned to death inside a dormitory at an Arkansas reform school in Wrightsville (Pulaski County). The doors were locked from the outside. The fire mysteriously ignited around 4:00 a.m. on a cold, wet morning, following earlier thunderstorms in the same area of rural Pulaski County."

You could have done this, it took me about thirty seconds, but you are too entitled and lazy.

"Negro Boys Industrial School Fire of 1959

View attachment 763463
  • Estimated Reading Time: 10 mins
On March 5, 1959, twenty-one African-American boys burned to death inside a dormitory at an Arkansas reform school in Wrightsville (Pulaski County). The doors were locked from the outside. The fire mysteriously ignited around 4:00 a.m. on a cold, wet morning, following earlier thunderstorms in the same area of rural Pulaski County."
Your own link says that weeks after the event, the govonor said wiring might have contributed to the fire. Wiring might have contributed is not the same as wiring caused, dumb ass. Thirty seconds to find a link that doesn't support your claim sounds about right dumb ass.

Your own link says that weeks after the event, the govonor said wiring might have contributed to the fire. Wiring might have contributed is not the same as wiring caused, dumb ass. Thirty seconds to find a link that doesn't support your claim sounds about right dumb ass.
You are a really bad loser. The incident was an accident, It WAS an reform school and the kids that died WERE criminal juveniles.

You are a really bad loser. The incident was an accident, It WAS an reform school and the kids that died WERE criminal juveniles.
So you're giving up on your claim that the fire was caused by wiring. If you ever come up with anything to show that, then you let me know.

So you're giving up on your claim that the fire was caused by wiring. If you ever come up with anything to show that, then you let me know.
I’m not going to waste time trying to investigate a fire that happened when I was seven years old. Whatever the cause, it was an accident; no one even at the time, proposed that it was anything else. You won’t accept any evidence or testimony I found anyway. Since you won’t accept it as an accident, YOU prove it was intentional. Put up or shut up.

Its a good start? The answer to your joke? 63 yrs old. Most not born. Caveman took my meat and old ladies when i was out on a hunt once too.

Forum List

Back