6th Grader Wanted to Use Trump for Class ‘Hero Project,’ Teacher Says NO WAY

The teacher was clearly in the wrong. She should be allowed to do her project on President Trump.
She should have been. Overturning the teacher's decision, though, is what I was thinking about. Not the greatest idea--6th graders will take that and run with it for the rest of the year. So that's why I said neither student should write about a President and leave it at that.

She should have thought of that prior to her silly decision. It is better to reverse the decision, admit a mistake was made, and move on to more important matters.
No. Use this example for all local and hopefully all teachers to be aware that biases are not permitted in the classrom. The classroom is used for making decisions and following those up with facts that support your decision.

That teacher is just the opposite of a skilled educator.

She should complete the assignment, turn it in, send a copy to the White House and have her parents call FOX News when the teacher fails her.
I agree. Do complete the assignment. Prepare a note from the parent after it is graded with a copy of the assignment and send it to Fox, after the principal gets a copy of the graded assignment. Let the principal know that they plan to go to the Board of Education with the intent of suing on behalf of freedom of speech being allowed in the classrooms.

Notify local television news directors about their plans and get the community behind the desire that children learn how to make decisions and use facts to they used to present their decision.
This is overkill and overreaction. We don't tar and feather people anymore.

It's time to fire that commie teacher. Hopefully Trump will invite the 6th grader to the White House. Trump should be a hero to all school children. He's so inspiring!

6th Grader Wanted to Use Trump for Her Class ‘Hero Project,’ Teacher Says NO WAY
Now the public has proof why home schooling is a necessity. The Obama's administration was trying to stopped parents from home schooling their children, so that they can mold their children into the way that they want them to think. Mind controlling from birth. Parents better start home schooling their children before the school system have control over their children's minds. The school teachers has the power to be able to destroy a family. These teachers can say to the parents that their child isn't putting in enough effort into their studies and gives them a bad grade. And the parents will believe the teacher over their own child. Parents needs to start home schooling.

100,000 Americans to Obama: Homeschooling a right - WND - WND

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/373434-trump-proposes-eliminating-federal-funding-for-pbs-npr
Because of one teacher?
It's time to fire that commie teacher. Hopefully Trump will invite the 6th grader to the White House. Trump should be a hero to all school children. He's so inspiring!

6th Grader Wanted to Use Trump for Her Class ‘Hero Project,’ Teacher Says NO WAY
Now the public has proof why home schooling is a necessity. The Obama's administration was trying to stopped parents from home schooling their children, so that they can mold their children into the way that they want them to think. Mind controlling from birth. Parents better start home schooling their children before the school system have control over their children's minds. The school teachers has the power to be able to destroy a family. These teachers can say to the parents that their child isn't putting in enough effort into their studies and gives them a bad grade. And the parents will believe the teacher over their own child. Parents needs to start home schooling.

100,000 Americans to Obama: Homeschooling a right - WND - WND

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/373434-trump-proposes-eliminating-federal-funding-for-pbs-npr
Obama and his administration did not try to stop homeschooling. They did not find a family fleeing Germany because the German government would not let them homeschool their children as a situation that asylum applies to.

It is important to note that Washington, D.C. implemented new homeschooling regulations that affect how parents report their child's progress to the school district. For many parents, this will have little impact, but it does give the government more control over how children are educated within this district. Parents are to keep a portfolio of the students work to demonstrate that they are in compliance with the district's new rules. The district can request to see this portfolio no more than twice during the school year. If they district feels a child is not receiving an adequate education, they can force the parents to send a child to a public or private school.
https://home-school.lovetoknow.com/Obama_and_Homeschooling

But remember, that the mother has the right to choose to abort their children in the 9th month in N.Y..

I wish our state had those homeschooling rules. Some parents do an excellent job but others use "homeschooling" as an excuse for not getting up in the morning to get their kids on the bus. Or to hide serious abuse and neglect. I've seen that, too.

Kids in school are expected to know certain things by the time they complete certain grades. That is why they take those standardized tests every couple years. Homeschooled children should not be exempt from meeting that criteria.

Obama has nothing to do with D.C.'s local laws, either.

Oops. Good teachers don't do that.

I know you have some common sense OL,and you've shown it here.
My question to you....have you ever seen this kind of sensor ship targeting Liberals or Dems.

The teacher was clearly in the wrong. She should be allowed to do her project on President Trump.
She should have been. Overturning the teacher's decision, though, is what I was thinking about. Not the greatest idea--6th graders will take that and run with it for the rest of the year. So that's why I said neither student should write about a President and leave it at that.

.....and to think I just gave you credit for clear thinking.
How about teachers keep politics out of the classroom?
Right or left.

My question to you....have you ever seen this kind of sensor ship targeting Liberals or Dems.
I worked for a short time in a very conservative community and got called on the carpet a few times for my choice of words. I never tried to rock the boat--just inadvertently stepped on some religious toes. So it works both ways. Check out the ALA's site for banned books. Censorship at its finest, and a lot are from the right.

Right or left.
Keep reading.
Teachers can sometimes keep politics out of the classroom, especially if they teach math. But otherwise, something controversial will eventually rear its head. No use in broaching the subject unless it's raised, but if it is, being fair and honest is best.

I wish our state had those homeschooling rules. Some parents do an excellent job but others use "homeschooling" as an excuse for not getting up in the morning to get their kids on the bus. Or to hide serious abuse and neglect. I've seen that, too.

Kids in school are expected to know certain things by the time they complete certain grades. That is why they take those standardized tests every couple years. Homeschooled children should not be exempt from meeting that criteria.

Obama has nothing to do with D.C.'s local laws, either.
It is that the government is still trying to make sure that homeschoolers pushes in their children's head the things that they want to be put into them. If the Republicans doesn't take out their children from these schools and start homeschooling. That they will have a bunch of mindless beings living at home with them.

[/QUOTE]

I worked for a short time in a very conservative community and got called on the carpet a few times for my choice of words. I never tried to rock the boat--just inadvertently stepped on some religious toes. So it works both ways. Check out the ALA's site for banned books. Censorship at its finest, and a lot are from the right.

This is a far cry from stepping on toes and you know it.
And I'd appreciate a little info on what you actually said that brought down heat.

Right or left.
Keep reading.
Teachers can sometimes keep politics out of the classroom, especially if they teach math. But otherwise, something controversial will eventually rear its head. No use in broaching the subject unless it's raised, but if it is, being fair and honest is best.

What exactly was fair and honest in the exchange?

Too funny! :71:

^^^^^^

Her hero report for school was on the devil:

images

She should complete the assignment, turn it in, send a copy to the White House and have her parents call FOX News when the teacher fails her.
I agree. Do complete the assignment. Prepare a note from the parent after it is graded with a copy of the assignment and send it to Fox, after the principal gets a copy of the graded assignment. Let the principal know that they plan to go to the Board of Education with the intent of suing on behalf of freedom of speech being allowed in the classrooms.

Notify local television news directors about their plans and get the community behind the desire that children learn how to make decisions and use facts to they used to present their decision.
There are too many teachers that are letting politics enter their curriculum. We can't wait until their civics class in HS to let them know there's something called freedom of speech.

That teacher in essence said, "You think like me or you get an F" No room her for your opinion.

These teachers that try to impose their will on their students should be turned into custodians or dog catchers.
Anyplace where they are not put in charge of valuable young minds. They make me sick, actually.

The school superintendent says that she was not prevented from doing her report on Trump. She did, in fact, do her report on Trump.

Outrageous!
The student and her family are the liars here, not the teacher. The girl just made everything up.
That is as lame AF. Even on the face of things that seems like a cowardly face saving
device that doesn't even pass the smell test.

The school superintendent says that she was not prevented from doing her report on Trump. She did, in fact, do her report on Trump.

Outrageous!
The student and her family are the liars here, not the teacher. The girl just made everything up.
That is as lame AF. Even on the face of things that seems like a cowardly face saving
device that doesn't even pass the smell test.

It’s a he said she said and one of the parties involved is a family of Trombies who think “unaccurate” is a word.

I’m going with the school superintendent. Especially given the fact that the kid is photographed with her Trump The Hero report.

Bad parenting. They wanted attention.

We should.

Forum List

Back