72 years ago today, the U.S. dropped 15 kilotons of freedom onto Japan

We incinerated two Japanese cities with "freedom"? The Japanese were defeated on land and sea but Truman refused to negotiate terms of surrender even while the Japanese were desperate enough to try to negotiate with U.S. ally at the time, Joe Stalin. Timid dummy Harry Truman didn't have a freaking clue and the egg heads who dodged responsibility for making the monstrosity were actually pressuring the president to use it on sub-humans just to see how it would work. Everything we think we know about the atomic bombing on Nagasaki and Hroshima is propaganda created by the Truman administration.
Once again for terminally stupid and brain dead I have SOURCE DOCUMENTS that prove Japan did not offer to surrender. all they offered was a ceasefire a return of all land they captured what little was left except in China and no troops in Japan. Even after one nuke Japan did not OFFER TO SURRENDER. The second Nuke forced the Emperor to intervene and even after he surrendered the Army staged a coup to stop it. All proven by SOURCE DOCUMENTS.

Listen Gunny, I'm on your side. I understand maybe better than you that the loss of 6,000 American Marines on a useless hunk of an island called Iwo Jima was an experiment to see how well the Japanese would defend their home turf. I understand all of that and I understand the cold hard fact that Japan was desperate to negotiate terms of surrender. Japan had no air defense against daylight bombing and had no naval forces except for a few rogue subs.The ironic thing about surrender terms was the stipulation that the Japanese emperor not be executed. After we incinerated the civilians of two Japanese cities and infected them with radiation sickness the stipulation was granted anyway.

Wartime Imperial Japan was a much more fanatic regime than ISIS or Al-Qaeda. They are the most fanatical regime the US has ever engaged. They launched nearly 3,000 airborne suicide attacks against American forces. They fought to the death without surrender and women and children were sworn to die repulsing the foreign invaders.

The application of two, very small nuclear devices turned this fanatic regime in to a country of pacifist capitalists and one of the most productive of post-war countries.

I'd have to submit that, based on actual results, nuclear weapons have to be one of the most effective peace making inventions in human history.

Wartime Imperial Japan was a much more fanatic regime than ISIS or Al-Qaeda. They are the most fanatical regime the US has ever engaged. They launched nearly 3,000 airborne suicide attacks against American forces. They fought to the death without surrender and women and children were sworn to die repulsing the foreign invaders.

The application of two, very small nuclear devices turned this fanatic regime in to a country of pacifist capitalists and one of the most productive of post-war countries.

I'd have to submit that, based on actual results, nuclear weapons have to be one of the most effective peace making inventions in human history.
Wow, a poster who uses the icon of Israel hero Moshe Dayan thinks that (the use of?) nuclear weapons is "one of the most effective peace making inventions" while Israel is surrounded by hostile nuclear powers that were enabled by liberal U.S. administrations.

Wow, a poster who uses the icon of Israel hero Moshe Dayan thinks that (the use of?) nuclear weapons is "one of the most effective peace making inventions" while Israel is surrounded by hostile nuclear powers that were enabled by liberal U.S. administrations.

The possession of nuclear weapons (or the perception that Israel possesses nuclear weapons) is the only reason Arab armies stopped their relentless attempts to invade Israel.

Here's to hoping we never have to do that again and to thanking God we have the right man in place as president to protect us if we do
What a horrible way to show to the world who is the boss. Cost millions of civilians deaths and millions to suffer. And 72 years don't seem to be enough to admit what a inhuman action it was. One of the pilots even said a few years ago it didn't cost him one sleepless night.... It's just shocking.

Pilot who dropped atomic bomb on Hiroshima dies with no regrets | Daily Mail Online
Neither bomb killed millions dumb ass.

Here's to hoping we never have to do that again and to thanking God we have the right man in place as president to protect us if we do
What a horrible way to show to the world who is the boss. Cost millions of civilians deaths and millions to suffer. And 72 years don't seem to be enough to admit what a inhuman action it was. One of the pilots even said a few years ago it didn't cost him one sleepless night....

Pilot who dropped atomic bomb on Hiroshima dies with no regrets | Daily Mail Online
I agree with you more often than not

But on this we part ways

A few thousand AMERICAN marines > a few million adversaries

Be they Japanese, Iranian, RUSSIAN or whatever
An invasion of the Home Islands would have cost a MILLION allied casualties. And would probably have wiped out MILLIONS of Japanese Civilians.

It's my birthday and my father was stationed in the Philippines with the invasion already planned

We incinerated two Japanese cities with "freedom"? The Japanese were defeated on land and sea but Truman refused to negotiate terms of surrender even while the Japanese were desperate enough to try to negotiate with U.S. ally at the time, Joe Stalin. Timid dummy Harry Truman didn't have a freaking clue and the egg heads who dodged responsibility for making the monstrosity were actually pressuring the president to use it on sub-humans just to see how it would work. Everything we think we know about the atomic bombing on Nagasaki and Hroshima is propaganda created by the Truman administration.
Wrong the Japanese were not going to surrender and the alternative to dropping the bombs was Operation Downfall the invasion of the Japanese homeland. Conservative estimates put US casualties at 250,000 with the deaths of 5 to 10 million Japanese. Those bombs saved lives.

Once again for terminally stupid and brain dead I have SOURCE DOCUMENTS that prove Japan did not offer to surrender. all they offered was a ceasefire a return of all land they captured what little was left except in China and no troops in Japan. Even after one nuke Japan did not OFFER TO SURRENDER. The second Nuke forced the Emperor to intervene and even after he surrendered the Army staged a coup to stop it. All proven by SOURCE DOCUMENTS.

Listen Gunny, I'm on your side. I understand maybe better than you that the loss of 6,000 American Marines on a useless hunk of an island called Iwo Jima was an experiment to see how well the Japanese would defend their home turf. I understand all of that and I understand the cold hard fact that Japan was desperate to negotiate terms of surrender. Japan had no air defense against daylight bombing and had no naval forces except for a few rogue subs.The ironic thing about surrender terms was the stipulation that the Japanese emperor not be executed. After we incinerated the civilians of two Japanese cities and infected them with radiation sickness the stipulation was granted anyway.

The problem is that what you understand was simply not true. THAT is why you are wrong.

Wrong the Japanese were not going to surrender and the alternative to dropping the bombs was Operation Downfall the invasion of the Japanese homeland. Conservative estimates put US casualties at 250,000 with the deaths of 5 to 10 million Japanese. Those bombs saved lives.
A million casualties were projected for Allied forces of course that includes wounded not just dead. And we would have nearly wiped out the population of that Island because the civilians were ordered to cut bamboo spears and wave assault the landings.

No, NOT use of, just existence of...

Israel surrounded by hostile nukes MY ASS. And they have 200+ supposedly....

A million casualties were projected for Allied forces of course that includes wounded not just dead. And we would have nearly wiped out the population of that Island because the civilians were ordered to cut bamboo spears and wave assault the landings.
My numbers are the conservative estimates.

Forum List

Back