74 school shootings in 77 weeks...Worth it's own thread.

We have already restricted assault weapons, large capacity magazines, got background checks all within the scope of the second amendment

what you are advocating is total disarmament....

In the wake of the 1996 shootings, support for further gun control measures swelled to 90%-95% of the population. Spearheaded by Australia's conservatives — yes, really — the laws banned rapid-firing long guns and launched an extensive gun buyback program that removed over 650,000 guns from the public. It also tightened laws and regulations surrounding their sale, registration, and storage. The whole package cost about $500 per gun and was compulsory.

As a result, some estimates say 20% of Australia's total guns were eliminated and ownership by household halved. In the U.S., a similar law would get rid of 40 million firearms.

I thought you weren't proposing confiscation? Guess what, a mandatory buyback IS confiscation.

what part of "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" is unclear"?

We have already restricted assault weapons, large capacity magazines, got background checks all within the scope of the second amendment

In ignorance of the 2nd amendment is more like it. Some judge saying something is OK does not make it OK.

One of the most ridiculous responses I have ever heard regarding school massacres

Its called risk assessment. The risk of a child being shot at a school is orders of magnitude less then the chance that same child is killed in a car accident, and both are small risks.

If you managed to ban guns the risk of creating a civil war would outweigh the decrease in risk you would eventually achieve.

Only 20 six year olds were massacred at Newtown

Small number considering the number of six year olds in the US. Maybe when over half the six year olds are murdered we can start doing something about gun violence

Were the guns used by the perp, obtained legally in this incident? :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

That old canard???

I know it's your fantasy that gun bans make society safer. But, in 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006.

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

I would presume they know more about what's happening in their society than the propagandists who wrote your article.

Something must be working...

Despite having a strong frontier gun culture, Australia went from a firearms mortality rate of 2.6 in 100,000 (one-quarter the U.S. rate) in 1996 to under one in 100,000, less than a tenth of the U.S. rate.

The overall trend was downward since the 70's, decades before the gun ban. This isn't even a case of correlation vs. causation, its a case of the gun ban having no visible impact on the overall trend of gun deaths.

what you are advocating is total disarmament....

In the wake of the 1996 shootings, support for further gun control measures swelled to 90%-95% of the population. Spearheaded by Australia's conservatives — yes, really — the laws banned rapid-firing long guns and launched an extensive gun buyback program that removed over 650,000 guns from the public. It also tightened laws and regulations surrounding their sale, registration, and storage. The whole package cost about $500 per gun and was compulsory.

As a result, some estimates say 20% of Australia's total guns were eliminated and ownership by household halved. In the U.S., a similar law would get rid of 40 million firearms.
I thought you weren't proposing confiscation? Guess what, a mandatory buyback IS confiscation.
Baby steps, Marty....baby steps.

Frog in the proverbial heating water.

Kind of like, if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor never meant if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor? The difference is that one is the US Constitution and the other is President Oblivious. Not everyone lies when they say something, but I see how you can easily be confused given your politics.

The problem is what you are proposing would not stop something like this. That gives us pause to consider your motives, which are of course, to ban gun ownership by non governmental actors.

Its not that we refuse to ban gun ownership, but we refuse to do a fucking thing about massacred six year olds

After all, we can't stop all murders so we should not try to stop any

So basically you want to stop evil from happening in the world. Good luck with that.

So one of your points is an appeal to emotion, and the 2nd is argumentum ad absurdum.

So basically they really are not points at all.

It can happen. The Obama will do it right after he stops the rise in the oceans. Yes we can.

Baby steps, Marty....baby steps.

Frog in the proverbial heating water.

We all know what the end game is with these people. They just don't have the honesty to admit it.

The problem is what you are proposing would not stop something like this. That gives us pause to consider your motives, which are of course, to ban gun ownership by non governmental actors.

Its not that we refuse to ban gun ownership, but we refuse to do a fucking thing about massacred six year olds

So then tell me how aside from mandatory psych evals for every member of a household where one person owns a weapon and/ or the seizure of private medical and personal records in violation of the 4th amendment do you propose to do to prevent violence?

You must have an idea that will be deemed constitutional right?

People on certain anti-psychotic medicines are prohibited from driving. Yet they are entitled to buy guns

If someone is undergoing certain psychological treatments or taking certain pychological medications they should be prohibited from buying or owning guns

More importantly, we need gun owners to stop being such stupid fucking assholes. If your kid scares you....do not buy him a Bushmaster for his birthday. Do not keep guns in your home. Same goes for someone suffering depression

So then tell me how aside from mandatory psych evals for every member of a household where one person owns a weapon and/ or the seizure of private medical and personal records in violation of the 4th amendment do you propose to do to prevent violence?

You must have an idea that will be deemed constitutional right?

People on certain anti-psychotic medicines are prohibited from driving. Yet they are entitled to buy guns

If someone is undergoing certain psychological treatments or taking certain pychological medications they should be prohibited from buying or owning guns
And just how do you find that out?

More importantly, we need gun owners to stop being such stupid fucking assholes. If your kid scares you....do not buy him a Bushmaster for his birthday. Do not keep guns in your home. Same goes for someone suffering depression

Yes because all gun owners are assholes.

No you're not. A locked door can be breached in under a minute. A window can be broken in a split second. A gun will stop your dogs in their tracks. BTW, everyone believes their dog will protect them if attacked. Studies have proven that sentimental belief wrong. View the 2 videos below if you don't believe me. Now.......30 seconds after the break in with someone standing in your child's room and your dogs dead, what is your next course of action? Words? Good luck.

News9.com Videos - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

News9.com Videos - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

And having a gun in the home has been proven to be more dangerous than not having a firearm in the home. The stats and reality just never agree with you selfish gun babies.

"Results show that regardless of storage practice, type of gun, or number of firearms in the home, having a gun in the home was associated with an increased risk of firearm homicide and firearm suicide in the home. "

Guns in the Home and Risk of a Violent Death in the Home: Findings from a National Study

Hey fucktard, there is a methodology to amending the Constitution. Use it or shut the fuck up. You don't like those big bad boom sticks. They skeer you. We get it. I'm fine with the fact that you want to "use your words" when something bad comes your way. I applaud your willingness to cleanse the gene pool for the rest of us. BTW, did you know that statistically, if you eat food, there is an increased risk you could get fat?

Wahhhh your guns aren't keeping you safe. It's as if your manhood has been questioned.

You have not ever answered my question, dumbfuck. What law would have stopped the incident in Troutdale? :cuckoo:

You ignore the fact that we do have laws in place and they are ignored and not enforced.
So I'll die and you can roll down the sidewalk with your head up your ass.

A combination of the laws I suggested would help reduce all gun related murders

AGAIN, I ASK

What law would have stopped the incident in Troutdale?

Be specific in your answer

No one single law is a magic fix. Only simple minded people think so simplistically.

Golly, next thing you know there will be a statistic on how owning a car makes it more likely you'll get into an automobile accident.

The bottom line, I'm more concerned with my ability to protect my home than I am with your feelings.

But the stats show clearly that you are actually putting you and your family at higher risk when you have a gun in the home. You're not protecting anyone. Why do you hate your own family?
Having knives in your home adds to the risk factor. :eusa_whistle:

And your point is?

Its called risk assessment. The risk of a child being shot at a school is orders of magnitude less then the chance that same child is killed in a car accident, and both are small risks.

If you managed to ban guns the risk of creating a civil war would outweigh the decrease in risk you would eventually achieve.

How many fucking times do you need to be told no one is suggesting a gun ban.

And don't bother pointing to an isolated example as some sort of proof. I can easily point to a right wing nut job and say "look, all gun owners want to go on murdering sprees".

But it would be the only gun control thing to prevent the tragedies you guys keep referencing. Everything you propose just makes it harder for law abiding citizens to get firearms, and does nothing to prevent a determined mass murderer from getting theirs.

Reality disagrees with you. Join us when you can.

So basically you want to stop evil from happening in the world. Good luck with that.

So one of your points is an appeal to emotion, and the 2nd is argumentum ad absurdum.

So basically they really are not points at all.

I'd like to stop some of it

The rest of the world does a much better job than we do

bullshit 366,000,000 guns in american homes. homes with guns have no higher incidence than homes without guns . good god you guys are the biggest spin doctors going.

Yet the actual facts don't agree with you. Do you know more than these studies do?
yea, i know the studies don't agree with what you claim

Huh? :eusa_liar:

You either didn't read the link or you're a blatant, and not very good, liar.

And having a gun in the home has been proven to be more dangerous than not having a firearm in the home. The stats and reality just never agree with you selfish gun babies.

"Results show that regardless of storage practice, type of gun, or number of firearms in the home, having a gun in the home was associated with an increased risk of firearm homicide and firearm suicide in the home. "

Guns in the Home and Risk of a Violent Death in the Home: Findings from a National Study

Hey fucktard, there is a methodology to amending the Constitution. Use it or shut the fuck up. You don't like those big bad boom sticks. They skeer you. We get it. I'm fine with the fact that you want to "use your words" when something bad comes your way. I applaud your willingness to cleanse the gene pool for the rest of us. BTW, did you know that statistically, if you eat food, there is an increased risk you could get fat?

Wahhhh your guns aren't keeping you safe. It's as if your manhood has been questioned.

Nancy boy, I'm not the one pissing my panties over those scary evil boom sticks. Spit the balls out of your mouth and hang them between your legs. A gun will keep you far safer than kneeling on the floor in a pool of your own piss, crying and begging for someone not to kill you. But if you think that will work, go for it. Like I already mentioned, if you don't like our constitutional rights, there is a methodology for changing them.

A combination of the laws I suggested would help reduce all gun related murders

AGAIN, I ASK

What law would have stopped the incident in Troutdale?

Be specific in your answer

No one single law is a magic fix. Only simple minded people think so simplistically.
My bad....I should have known you would have parsed the word.
What laws would have stopped the incident in Troutdale?

No you're not. A locked door can be breached in under a minute. A window can be broken in a split second. A gun will stop your dogs in their tracks. BTW, everyone believes their dog will protect them if attacked. Studies have proven that sentimental belief wrong. View the 2 videos below if you don't believe me. Now.......30 seconds after the break in with someone standing in your child's room and your dogs dead, what is your next course of action? Words? Good luck.

Ridiculous...just because two sets of numbers appear to be correlated does not mean they are linked in any way. For example, I could tell you that the murder rate in Washington D.C and the average peanut butter consumption per resident are correlated, but that doesn’t mean that eating peanut butter causes murders. Here, I have a news flash for you. I have found that alligator-related death rates tend to be higher in states that have more alligators. Automotive fatalities are higher among people who own cars. Drowning tends to happen more to those people who swim. And 100% of Americans who’ve eaten mashed potatoes will die.

Your study fails to convince.

Lol you inbreds pretend that you have any clue what you're talking about. If the study is flawed why don't you point out how... Specifically. Your cute unrelated examples mean literally nothing in this context.

Forum List

Back