74 school shootings in 77 weeks...Worth it's own thread.

Golly, next thing you know there will be a statistic on how owning a car makes it more likely you'll get into an automobile accident.

The bottom line, I'm more concerned with my ability to protect my home than I am with your feelings.

But the stats show clearly that you are actually putting you and your family at higher risk when you have a gun in the home. You're not protecting anyone. Why do you hate your own family?
Having knives in your home adds to the risk factor. :eusa_whistle:

Yes, and that's what stupid leftards want to do, is try and ban everything that could possibly be used to harm someone.

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | The point of knives

Proposal to ban pointy kitchen knives. Briton, once the super power of the world, now reduced to banning pointy kitchen knives because their wimpy wussy population can't handle something with a pointy tip. And the leftards here want us to emulate them.

When you are spineless wimpy society, that needs government to save us, this is what you get. Banning kitchen knives.

You can't reason with these idiots. You have to flat out defeat them.

Last edited:
No. No it isn't. There are 140,000 schools in the US. There are over 50,000,000 students in the US. The average number of days of instruction is 180 to 185 per year. Do the math and the odds of any given student being shot on any given day of the school year is miniscule. The answer of how to prevent this isn't to disarm the populace in violation of the US Constitution, it's to better protect the schools.

One ofthe most ridiculous responses I have ever heard regarding school massacres

Liberal sentiment and emotion doesn't do well in the face of logic and fact. As pointed out earlier, your child has a much higher likelihood of drowning in your bathtub than they do being shot at school. Are you going to quit giving them baths or protect them while taking a bath. The statistical likelihood of your child being shot at school is very, very small. There are ways to easily increase the safety factor against it without violating someone's constitutional rights. You know this, your politics and feelings just won't allow you to admit it. Grow a set for God's sake.

Since Newtown, there have been 15 incidents.....not the bullshit 74 lie that Bloomberg's group put out. Compared to 140,000 schools and 50 million students going to school 185 days per year, children are much safer at school than many other places you take them.....including home. Numbers don't lie....as long as you use the real numbers.

A closer look: How many school shootings since Newtown? - CNN.com

The emotional rather than factual realistic view of this reminds me, for whatever reason, of someone that refuses to fly, even though statistics show it is much, much safer to fly than to drive.

Last edited:
Only 20 six year olds were massacred at Newtown

Small number considering the number of six year olds in the US. Maybe when over half the six year olds are murdered we can start doing something about gun violence

The problem is what you are proposing would not stop something like this. That gives us pause to consider your motives, which are of course, to ban gun ownership by non governmental actors.

Its not that we refuse to ban gun ownership, but we refuse to do a fucking thing about massacred six year olds

After all, we can't stop all murders so we should not try to stop any

What do you propose that will stop the massacre of six years olds? Be specific and show how your proposal will address the problem you want to solve.

Or, shut up with the overly emotional histrionics. Either works for me.

The problem is what you are proposing would not stop something like this. That gives us pause to consider your motives, which are of course, to ban gun ownership by non governmental actors.

Its not that we refuse to ban gun ownership, but we refuse to do a fucking thing about massacred six year olds

What do you propose that will stop the massacre of six years olds? Be specific and show how your proposal will address the problem you want to solve.

Australia Has Eliminated Gun Massacres By Doing What the U.S. Doesn't Have the Guts For - PolicyMic

Australia Has Eliminated Gun Massacres By Doing What the U.S. Doesn't Have the Guts For - PolicyMic

what part of "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" is unclear"?

Amend the constitution, eh? Got for it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

That old canard???

I know it's your fantasy that gun bans make society safer. But, in 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006.

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

I would presume they know more about what's happening in their society than the propagandists who wrote your article.

what part of "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" is unclear"?

We have already restricted assault weapons, large capacity magazines, got background checks all within the scope of the second amendment

That old canard???

I know it's your fantasy that gun bans make society safer. But, in 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006.

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

I would presume they know more about what's happening in their society than the propagandists who wrote your article.

Something must be working...

Despite having a strong frontier gun culture, Australia went from a firearms mortality rate of 2.6 in 100,000 (one-quarter the U.S. rate) in 1996 to under one in 100,000, less than a tenth of the U.S. rate.

Amend the constitution, eh? Got for it.

Right to bear arms has never meant right to bear all arms

You know from records of the 1700's up through part of the 20th century, kids carried guns to school, legally, as well as teachers and administrators. There were incidences, just as today, of shootings, yet today we have laws prohibiting such, yet they still occur, even more so than in the first half of the 1900's. Seems it does nothing to deter shootings, possibly even increases the likelyhood.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeM0W9duWPg]Medicated to Death: SSRIs and Mass Killings - YouTube[/ame]

We have already restricted assault weapons, large capacity magazines, got background checks all within the scope of the second amendment

what you are advocating is total disarmament....

In the wake of the 1996 shootings, support for further gun control measures swelled to 90%-95% of the population. Spearheaded by Australia's conservatives — yes, really — the laws banned rapid-firing long guns and launched an extensive gun buyback program that removed over 650,000 guns from the public. It also tightened laws and regulations surrounding their sale, registration, and storage. The whole package cost about $500 per gun and was compulsory.

As a result, some estimates say 20% of Australia's total guns were eliminated and ownership by household halved. In the U.S., a similar law would get rid of 40 million firearms.

"Guns kept in homes are more likely to be involved in a fatal or nonfatal accidental shooting, criminal assault, or suicide attempt than to be used to injure or kill in self-defense."

Injuries and deaths due to firearms in the home. [J Trauma. 1998] - PubMed - NCBI

There are always accidents and suicides don't count.

We cannot use accidents or suicides as a measure of the effectiveness of firearms for self defense.

To me a firearm in my home is an acceptable risk. That is MY decision to make and not yours.

Small number considering the number of six year olds in the US. Maybe when over half the six year olds are murdered we can start doing something about gun violence

So then tell me what aside from mandatory psych evals for every member of a household where one person owns a weapon and/ or the seizure of private medical and personal records in violation of the 4th amendment do you propose to do to prevent violence?

You must have an idea that will be deemed constitutional right?

Why is it all I hear are crickets when I ask this simple question?

gryllus_cricket_sing.gif

So basically you want to stop evil from happening in the world. Good luck with that.

So one of your points is an appeal to emotion, and the 2nd is argumentum ad absurdum.

So basically they really are not points at all.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Forum List

Back