78% of Americans Now Think of Fast Food Meals as a ‘Luxury’

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
And people here, some leftoids try and claim the economy is good.

They lie like a Biden. Why?

When asked whether they agreed with the statement, “fast food has gotten more expensive, and I now view it as a luxury,” more than three-quarters of respondents said yes. Additionally, just under two-thirds of survey respondents (65%) said they had been "shocked" by a recent high bill at a fast food restaurant, and that percentage jumped to 72% among parents who had children under the age of 18.

“The results make clear, regardless of the context, that most Americans now see fast food as a luxury,” North Carolina-based LendingTree found. “That’s a new phenomenon. Yes, there have always been groups of Americans who might have viewed fast food that way because of their financial struggles. However, for the vast majority of Americans to feel that way seems like a significant cultural shift, and a troubling sign.”

When asked whether they agreed with the statement, “fast food has gotten more expensive, and I now view it as a luxury,” more than three-quarters of respondents said yes. Additionally, just under two-thirds of survey respondents (65%) said they had been "shocked" by a recent high bill at a fast food restaurant, and that percentage jumped to 72% among parents who had children under the age of 18.
“The results make clear, regardless of the context, that most Americans now see fast food as a luxury,” North Carolina-based LendingTree found. “That’s a new phenomenon. Yes, there have always been groups of Americans who might have viewed fast food that way because of their financial struggles. However, for the vast majority of Americans to feel that way seems like a significant cultural shift, and a troubling sign.”

its getting to the point bar food is cheaper,,

I am going this weekend to a bar in sugarcreek where you can get either a big tenderloin sammich or chickenfried steak with all the fixens for under 20 bucks with a beer,,

a meal at wendys is 16-18 bucks,,

I spent a 143 Federal Reserve Notes at Crabby Dick's the other day.

Their crab cakes are awesome. I got four of em. A quart of cream of crab soup. And then some sides.

Funny. When I was growing up, fast food was absolutely a luxury! Happened about once a year. Same as with pop and candy, unless you earned the money to buy it yourself.

Where did we get so spoiled?

no more $5 number ones

if you eat from the $1 menu they put it in a tiny size tea cup and that's not enough food for an adult sized body.

Why would anyone over the age of ten want to eat that crap anyway? Cooking for yourself at home is cheaper, healthier, and one gozillion times better tasting. People need to stop being so lazy.

First World problems eh?

Wimpy in Hell~

1717194386289.gif

sometimes I just want to grab something to keep me until I get home for dinner,,
and a dollar sammich and a dollar fry could always do that,,

It is like we are so deeply afraid of having to feel the pangs of a little hunger for just an hour, until dinner is on the table.

Being Catholic, I can guarantee that fasting a little sharpens my appetite for the REAL FOOD.

An on-line survey using a nonprobability-based sample is basically worthless.

But hey, it tells you what you want to hear, so here we are.

It is like we are so deeply afraid of having to feel the pangs of a little hunger for just an hour, until dinner is on the table.

Being Catholic, I can guarantee that fasting a little sharpens my appetite for the REAL FOOD.

I talking closer to 2-3 oclock after skipping breakfast or lunch on a long day at work
when dinner isnt coming until at least 6 if not closer to 7 oclock,,,,

I talking closer to 2-3 oclock after skipping breakfast or lunch on a long day at work
when dinner isnt coming until at least 6 if not closer to 7 oclock,,,,

That makes sense.

I just got so tired of seeing my obese nephew getting home from school after having eaten lunch three hours earlier, and flipping out if he ever got denied a snack.

That makes sense.

I just got so tired of seeing my obese nephew getting home from school after having eaten lunch three hours earlier, and flipping out if he ever got denied a snack.

I have stopped in to long john silvers and just got a piece of fish and cracklins to get me by a few hrs,,

last time I did that it cost me over 3 bucks,,

its getting to the point bar food is cheaper,,

I am going this weekend to a bar in sugarcreek where you can get either a big tenderloin sammich or chickenfried steak with all the fixens for under 20 bucks with a beer,,

a meal at wendys is 16-18 bucks,,
/—-/ I hope they have a woman make the sandwich for you.

Forum List

Back