80% of DC residents voted to become the 51st state, to get the same rights & privileges as everyone else. On Friday, the House will vote on statehood

i call it voter suppression of blacks, my friends

DC should have the same as the other 50 states... a vote in Congress.

They do you idiot.
Uh oh... some gutter guzzler chimed in. Blind, maybe deaf, and surely dumb.

Voting rights of citizens in the District of Columbia differ from the rights of citizens in each of the 50 U.S. states. The Constitution grants each state voting representation in both houses of the United States Congress. As the federal capital, the District of Columbia is a special federal district, not a state, and therefore does not have voting representation in Congress. The Constitution grants Congress exclusive jurisdiction over the District in "all cases whatsoever".

It is represented in the Senate..Paul struss

That’s because you’re ignorant. Every resident of DC could move a couple of miles in either direction and regain the representation they knowingly forfeited when they moved into the district designed to house the federal gov without allowing any state exclusive jurisdiction.

That’s because you’re ignorant. Every resident of DC could move a couple of miles in either direction and regain the representation they knowingly forfeited when they moved into the district designed to house the federal gov without allowing any state exclusive jurisdiction.
woof woof. You are barking like a dog.
Really, ignorant for not saying moving could regain rep? No and No.
1st, I never mentioned it because it's moot on the issue.
2nd, DC has never had Rep. Ever.
So now what dumbass?

DC is a city, not a state.

A city is represented by two Senators and at least one Congressman.

DC is not. They can vote for President but are not represented in Congress.

Their population is larger than many states
Doesn't matter. It's a district where the nation's capitol is. People who live there CHOOSE to live there to be closer to the center of power. It should not become a state.
Doesnt matter

Taxation without representation
They have representation and they count in the National election for President. The city receives its budget from Congress and until that changes NO STATEHOOD should be considered.

So now what dumbass?
You’re a moron. Move to VA or MD which has always had representation. DC exists to house the fed without any state jurisdiction over it. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

You're a dingbat. Truly an idiot.
Splain what I said that is incorrect
There's a reason we don't have 1000s of senators, idiot.
Residents of a city get to vote for Congressmen and Senators
DC does not.

Since that has been the case since it was formed, everyone living there now knows what they are getting into when they move there.

So now what dumbass?
You’re a moron. Move to VA or MD which has always had representation. DC exists to house the fed without any state jurisdiction over it. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
Blow harder shit for brains. Your argument is moot.

So now what dumbass?
What's moronic is getting 800,000 people to move. Back at you.

So now what dumbass?
Blow harder shit for brains. Your argument is moot.
How is it moot?

So now what dumbass?
It’s fewer than 800,000 and no one is telling them to move. The point is they have that choice.

Why is anyone wasting the keystrokes on this? DC statehood would require a CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT. You know, passage by 2/3 vote of BOTH houses of congress, the president, and ratification by 34 of the 50 states. Never fucking happen! Stop the insanity!

So now what dumbass?
It’s fewer than 800,000 and no one is telling them to move. The point is they have that choice.
Ok everyone in DC... pack up. We know there's plenty of room somewhere else and affordable.
Not what the OP is about and not about moving to gain rights somewhere other than where you live. The whole demographic of DC should have that right. At home. See ya.

Why is anyone wasting the keystrokes on this? DC statehood would require a CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT. You know, passage by 2/3 vote of BOTH houses of congress, the president, and ratification by 34 of the 50 states. Never fucking happen! Stop the insanity!
Why isn't the word. It's when the citizens, the people, can vote themselves.

What are we going to have a bunch of city-states? And then the Indians reservations become states. The land belongs to Maryland it is on loan to the federal government. It should be returned to Maryland in the same way Virginia got their half of the district back. And, the capital district should be moved to a more central location.

Why wasn’t this done 2009-2011 when Obama was President and the Democrats had the entire Hill? If they couldn’t get it done then, it’s never getting done.

So now what dumbass?
Ok everyone in DC... pack up. We know there's plenty of room somewhere else and affordable.
Not what the OP is about and not about moving to gain rights somewhere other than where you live. The whole demographic of DC should have that right. At home. See ya.
DC was designed to be temporary residence for state representatives and otherwise transient government workers. People would come and go with regularity.

DC does not.

Since that has been the case since it was formed, everyone living there now knows what they are getting into when they move there.
Doesn’t make it right to give them partial rights as citizens

Why wasn’t this done 2009-2011 when Obama was President and the Democrats had the entire Hill? If they couldn’t get it done then, it’s never getting done.

Republicans will never allow DC or Puerto Rico to become states.

DC does not.

Very few of us around here believe in rights is what I see.

DC does not.

Very few of us around here believe in rights is what I see.
This entire ploy has nothing to do with rights or representation. It’s about getting more democrat/race votes in Congress. A total attempted hoodwink of morons.

Forum List

Back