80% of Texans don't have flood insurance. Should we bail them out?

We should go ahead and bail them out, and then pass a federal law requiring everyone to buy flood insurance.

The tenth amendment says flood insurance is a state issue. Of course it says the same about health insurance.

You mean should governments at any level pay for their uninsured losses due to flooding? Hell, no!

Flood insurance is cheap. (It's even cheaper for renters.) There's no excuse for not having it. It rains everywhere in TX, which means flooding it a risk. One's not obligated to insure against that risk, but one is well advised to do so.
We should go ahead and bail them out, and then pass a federal law requiring everyone to buy flood insurance.
pass a federal law requiring everyone to buy flood insurance.

Really? That mandated insurance thing doesn't resonate well re: health insurance. Why would one even consider it for property.

Call me crazy, but if one is going to have an insurance mandate, I think explicit health merits such a thing more so than does property.

You mean should governments at any level pay for their uninsured losses due to flooding? Hell, no!

Flood insurance is cheap. (It's even cheaper for renters.) There's no excuse for not having it. It rains everywhere in TX, which means flooding it a risk. One's not obligated to insure against that risk, but one is well advised to do so.
pass a federal law requiring everyone to buy flood insurance.

Really? That mandated insurance thing doesn't resonate well re: health insurance. Why would one even consider it for property.

Call me crazy, but if one is going to have an insurance mandate, I think explicit health merits such a thing more so than does property.

I was kidding. Both are horrible ideas.

Forum List

Back