The Differences Between Federal Response To Puerto Rico vs Maui

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"The Trump administration delayed more than $20bn in hurricane relief aid for Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria, according to a report by the housing department’s office of the inspector General. The efforts to deliver recovery funding to the island were “unnecessarily delayed by bureaucratic obstacles”, according to the 46-page report. The hurricane, which hit the island in 2017, killed thousands of people and left thousands more without electricity or water for months. One of the main hurdles was the requirement imposed by the Office of Management and Budget, The process, which was never before required for allocating disaster funds.

On Monday, Hud removed restrictions imposed by the Trump administrationon access to $8.2bn in Community Development Block Grant Mitigation. The agency stalled the release of the disaster relief aid in 2019 and imposed additional restrictions on how the island could access the funds."

Furthermore, federal funding was held up for over a month; of the 20bn allocated by Congress, the Trump admin only released less than 4 billion of it....also, despite the loss of 1000's of lives; to be exact, more than 5000 people died in that tragedy....and I guarantee you not a single Trumper knew that before reading this post..and yet, there were no conspiracies of child abductions, nobody claimed Trump wanted to see people die, no attacks against others for "wanting people to die", etc, etc, etc....

On top of that, the iconic meme of Trump throwing paper towels to people - that came 15 days after the hurricane. I don't recall a single Trumper outraged over Trump taking 15 days to go to Puerto Rico. Oh, and how Trumpers mock Biden for issuing $700 to residents in Maui, not a dime was issued to Puerto Rican households, and you won't hear Trumpers complain about that either. Let's contrast that to the Maui response.

F4H9KxxWwAAXgeD.jpeg

"President Biden has approved a national disaster declaration for Hawaii, unlocking federal resources to help in the massive response efforts to the ongoing wildfires.“I’m going to make sure that the state has everything needs from the federal government to recover,” Biden said, in remarks Thursday morning. “Our prayers are with with the people of Hawaii, but not just our prayers. Every asset we have will be available to them.” Gov. Josh Green said he was notified early Thursday that Biden approved for the declaration.

The state says the approval makes federal funding available to affected individuals in Maui County. The assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and programs to help people recover from the the disaster."

In addition to this, federal funding was available within 6 to 12 hours of the wildfires; there is no effort to try to restrict allocation of federal funding for stupid ass reasons like in the previous administration - for example, when the Trump admin refused to give funding for the California wildfires, just to "own the libs" -- and later had to reverse its decision due to caving in to pressure -- and not a single Trumper complained.

When it comes to disaster relief for AMERICANS no matter if they are from a red state or a blue state -- the shti that matters most is what is being DONE to assist them...not a single presidential photo op or speech has done anything significant in comparison to ACTUAL funding and boots on the ground - and what is clear is, one admin repeated delayed and played games with that funding for political reasons and one didn't. All of that conspiracy bullshit will remain that, bullshit.

"The Trump administration delayed more than $20bn in hurricane relief aid for Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria, according to a report by the housing department’s office of the inspector General. The efforts to deliver recovery funding to the island were “unnecessarily delayed by bureaucratic obstacles”, according to the 46-page report. The hurricane, which hit the island in 2017, killed thousands of people and left thousands more without electricity or water for months. One of the main hurdles was the requirement imposed by the Office of Management and Budget, The process, which was never before required for allocating disaster funds.

On Monday, Hud removed restrictions imposed by the Trump administrationon access to $8.2bn in Community Development Block Grant Mitigation. The agency stalled the release of the disaster relief aid in 2019 and imposed additional restrictions on how the island could access the funds."

Furthermore, federal funding was held up for over a month; of the 20bn allocated by Congress, the Trump admin only released less than 4 billion of it....also, despite the loss of 1000's of lives; to be exact, more than 5000 people died in that tragedy....and I guarantee you not a single Trumper knew that before reading this post..and yet, there were no conspiracies of child abductions, nobody claimed Trump wanted to see people die, no attacks against others for "wanting people to die", etc, etc, etc....

On top of that, the iconic meme of Trump throwing paper towels to people - that came 15 days after the hurricane. I don't recall a single Trumper outraged over Trump taking 15 days to go to Puerto Rico. Oh, and how Trumpers mock Biden for issuing $700 to residents in Maui, not a dime was issued to Puerto Rican households, and you won't hear Trumpers complain about that either. Let's contrast that to the Maui response.

View attachment 817857

"President Biden has approved a national disaster declaration for Hawaii, unlocking federal resources to help in the massive response efforts to the ongoing wildfires.“I’m going to make sure that the state has everything needs from the federal government to recover,” Biden said, in remarks Thursday morning. “Our prayers are with with the people of Hawaii, but not just our prayers. Every asset we have will be available to them.” Gov. Josh Green said he was notified early Thursday that Biden approved for the declaration.

The state says the approval makes federal funding available to affected individuals in Maui County. The assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and programs to help people recover from the the disaster."

In addition to this, federal funding was available within 6 to 12 hours of the wildfires; there is no effort to try to restrict allocation of federal funding for stupid ass reasons like in the previous administration - for example, when the Trump admin refused to give funding for the California wildfires, just to "own the libs" -- and later had to reverse its decision due to caving in to pressure -- and not a single Trumper complained.

When it comes to disaster relief for AMERICANS no matter if they are from a red state or a blue state -- the shti that matters most is what is being DONE to assist them...not a single presidential photo op or speech has done anything significant in comparison to ACTUAL funding and boots on the ground - and what is clear is, one admin repeated delayed and played games with that funding for political reasons and one didn't. All of that conspiracy bullshit will remain that, bullshit.

Good on Biden.

View attachment 817857

Yes.....the Biden Adm is working hard to clean up the messes that they keep causing.

Too bad that so many people had to die to make it all happen.

Yes.....the Biden Adm is working hard to clean up the messes that they keep causing.

Too bad that so many people had to die to make it all happen.
How do possible downed power lines causing wildfires equate to it being Biden's fault?

Let me guess, you think Hurricanes hitting California is Biden's fault too?

Shut yo goofy ass up

They US citizens......but thanks for letting us know that treating them like shit is cool if you don't believe they are "Americans"

Guess that is why yall don't mind what Trump did in response
They arent a state.
I dont support federal aid. So, no, I didnt support what trump did.
You binary dipshit.

LOL, the Puerto Rican people loved TRUMP
This fantasy land you people have to remain in is probably why reality is such a scary place to you....

No, Puerto Ricans didn't love Trump....in fact, Trump was attacking Puerto Ricans...

They arent a state.
I dont support federal aid. So, no, I didnt support what trump did.
You binary dipshit.
Don't give a fuck if you support federal aid or not -- the majority of the country supports helping our fellow citizens in a disaster

Even used federal aids to help rebuild the lives of those newly freed Americans after you dic suckers lost the war.....even called it Re-Construction.....made you cucks so mad, yall created the KKK

Keep being a whiny little bitch on the sidelines......you should be use to it

Don't give a fuck if you support federal aid or not -- the majority of the country supports helping our fellow citizens in a disaster

Even used federal aids to help rebuild the lives of those newly freed Americans after you dic suckers lost the war.....even called it Re-Construction.....made you cucks so mad, yall created the KKK

Keep being a whiny little bitch on the sidelines......you should be use to it
Of course you dont. Liars dont ever care about the truth.

How do possible downed power lines causing wildfires equate to it being Biden's fault?

Let me guess, you think Hurricanes hitting California is Biden's fault too?

Shut yo goofy ass up
I've been to Maui. I know what it was like when I was there.

What was once a lush tropical paradise and arguably the most beautiful island in the Hawaiian chain yet is now a desert.

Democrats and their Green policies did this.

Last edited:
This fantasy land you people have to remain in is probably why reality is such a scary place to you....

No, Puerto Ricans didn't love Trump....in fact, Trump was attacking Puerto Ricans...

Trump attacked the local mayor for not passing out humanitarian aid that was sent to Puerto Rico.
They discovered warehouses filled with pallets of supplies that the local officials refused to distribute to the people.
They didn't want the locals to know that Trump gave a darn about them.

What was once a lush tropical paradise and arguably the most beautiful island in the Hawaiian chain is now a desert.

Name a green policy that made Maui a desert?

I'll wait while you don't

Trump attacked the local mayor for not passing out humanitarian aid that was sent to Puerto Rico.
They discovered warehouses filled with pallets of supplies that the local officials refused to distribute to the people.
They didn't want the locals to know that Trump gave a darn about them.
He didn't -- as I just DOCUMENTED -- I don't give a fuck about your feelings..

Either refute one thing I said or shut the entire fuck up

Trump delayed response for weeks....

Trump then tried to put restrictions on the amount of money that was allocated

And then Trump took that money back to build his vanity wall...

What was once a lush tropical paradise and arguably the most beautiful island in the Hawaiian chain is now a desert.

Blame the Democrats! Blame the Democrats!

As we see time and time again, Republicans are completely in capable of solving any of the nations problems or even offering solutions. They’re just gonna blame the Democrats for causing them and then block any attempts to solve the problem.

Now you’re blaming Democrats for global warming. How stupid are you? Government is supposed to find solutions to problems too big for individuals to solve. Republicans lack the ability even to solve the problems. All they do is apportion blame and attack Democrats for things that they can’t or won’t fix.

He didn't -- as I just DOCUMENTED -- I don't give a fuck about your feelings..

Either refute one thing I said or shut the entire fuck up

Trump delayed response for weeks....

Trump then tried to put restrictions on the amount of money that was allocated

And then Trump took that money back to build his vanity wall...
Lies. All lies.
Trump took money from the defense budget to pay for the wall because congress wouldn't allocate one cent to pay for it.

I'm not going to shut up because I point out the lies and deceptions in your OP.

Your OP is a opinion not based on evidence.

They are under American protection, and as such you have the same moral and legal responsibility to the American citizens who live there, to provide the aid as to any other part of the nation.

But thanks for exposing your blatant double standards here.
There is no double standard. You canuck dumbfuck

Forum List

Back