8Hr workday? Weekends? Thank Henry Ford and Capitalism!

Some people would rather spend time wh thier families than work a couple extra hours for a couple more bucks . Crazy huh! !???

Unions help balance the power tween labor and management . Otherwise workers get treated like shit as one worker can't stand up to the employer on his own .
And some people like working and making money for themselves and family. Unthinkable to you, huh?
Any worker can stand up to his employer by threatening to quit for a better job. If workers get treated like shit then maybe that's what they are.

You support management being to organize, but not labor.

Conservatives want a permanent underclass of working poor, on the hope that their throw of the dice won't leave them in it.

It must be tough to be so mentally limited that you can't see that you have choices and staying at a shit job is a choice

I'm retired with 2 pensions from 2 40 hr. a week jobs. Idiot.

What we have now with declining unions is stagnant wages for workers, growing inequality, and a slow economy. If we want to be great again we need strong unions again. The theories about no unions have been proven false. Union workers make more.
Actually we've had those things with Barack Obama and Democrat control of government. Get rid of Obama, Democrats, and those who share their policies and we'll be back on track.

These things have been in the works since before Obama. You think we need a repub to add to the debt again? No thanks.

Trump's plan supports more massive deficits. Cruz's plan supports more massive deficits.
Just like every other politician so what's your point?

That's just one of the reasons I refuse to vote for either Dimwitcraps or repugnantcans

What we have now with declining unions is stagnant wages for workers, growing inequality, and a slow economy. If we want to be great again we need strong unions again. The theories about no unions have been proven false. Union workers make more.
Actually we've had those things with Barack Obama and Democrat control of government. Get rid of Obama, Democrats, and those who share their policies and we'll be back on track.

These things have been in the works since before Obama. You think we need a repub to add to the debt again? No thanks.

Trump's plan supports more massive deficits. Cruz's plan supports more massive deficits.

That's just one of the reasons I refuse to vote for either Dimwitcraps or repugnantcans

Vote for someone who cannot win. Good luck with that. Pretend you're making a 'statement'.

All those factory workers are able to tell their boss to fuck off and walk out and absolutely nothing will happen to them.

Nothing except poverty, maybe homelessness. And of course your kind's favorite: welfare.

Or a better job with more opportunity or perhaps being self employed

No one is forced to stay at any job. No one is told how much they can work, earn, spend save etc

It's all up to you but you people can't handle that freedom can you?

Vote for someone who cannot win. Good luck with that. Pretend you're making a 'statement'.

Better than voting for someone who stands against all my principles like you people will do

All those factory workers are able to tell their boss to fuck off and walk out and absolutely nothing will happen to them.

Nothing except poverty, maybe homelessness. And of course your kind's favorite: welfare.

No one is forced to stay at any job. No one is told how much they can work, earn, spend save etc

Our economy needs some work. We don't have good capitalism. Companies are colluding to hold wages down. Non competes are legal in some states.

Judge approves $415M settlement in Apple, Google wage case

Some people would rather spend time wh thier families than work a couple extra hours for a couple more bucks . Crazy huh! !???

Unions help balance the power tween labor and management . Otherwise workers get treated like shit as one worker can't stand up to the employer on his own .
And some people like working and making money for themselves and family. Unthinkable to you, huh?
Any worker can stand up to his employer by threatening to quit for a better job. If workers get treated like shit then maybe that's what they are.

Conservatives want a permanent underclass of working poor, on the hope that their throw of the dice won't leave them in it.

It must be tough to be so mentally limited that you can't see that you have choices and staying at a shit job is a choice

So what?

BTW how did you like being chained to your jobs? Were there whippings?

Our economy needs some work. We don't have good capitalism. Companies are colluding to hold wages down. Non competes are legal in some states.

Don't start with that shit again

Not being actively recruited did not stop any of those idiots from getting better paying jobs

You do know that any one of those people could have picked up a trade magazine, looked in the classifieds and applied for any job at any company don't you? The fact that they weren't actively looking for jobs but rather wanted companies to cold call them with offers is proof that they weren't looking to leve their current jobs to make more money

God you must be a no skill pussy.....

Of course one person can.

[

You want China wages in America. We get it. You're in the 'free market' wing of the Right.

The 'free market' sucks; we have centuries of evidence to prove it.

I want liberty in this country and part of that is that wages are set between an employer and employee.

We do not need shithead Libtard politicians (elected by special interest groups) setting wages through the filthy ass government.

I don't have a problem with unions being formed but they should not get any government protection.

The government needs to stay out of the relationship between an employer and employee like they need to stay out of a lot of other things.

I don't have this Moon Bat victim mindset. I am retired now but during my career I was quite capable of negotiating my own salary. I was not so sorry as to need a greedy union or the filthy ass government protecting me.

What we need are jobs that people with limited skills can hold down and have their piece of the "American Dream".

We don't have that anymore in this country thanks to Mr. Businessman and his never ending search for ever cheaper labor.

Don't start with that shit again

Not being actively recruited did not stop any of those idiots from getting better paying jobs

You do know that any one of those people could have picked up a trade magazine, looked in the classifieds and applied for any job at any company don't you? The fact that they weren't actively looking for jobs but rather wanted companies to cold call them with offers is proof that they weren't looking to leve their current jobs to make more money

You are still pro collusion to hold down wages. You still don't understand good capitalism.

What we need are jobs that people with limited skills can hold down and live the "American Dream".

We don't have that anymore in this country thanks to Mr. Businessman and his never ending search for ever cheaper labor.

We need more laws so mr business man doesn't hurt our country. IT, CS, and Finance jobs should not be offshore. We need to tax those out if country services heavily.

[

You are going to vote for Crooked Hillary and she is going to be as bad a President as this idiot Obama and then try to blame the failures on somebody else so good luck with that, you moron.

So what?

BTW how did you like being chained to your jobs? Were there whippings?

My jobs were regulated by the government. Remember? That thing you don't want to be able to control employers.

Successful people even if they are employed by someone else never work just 8 hours a day.

So liberty is a myth. Good one.

Since when does liberty mean not working to succeed?

Liberty has never been defined by an 8 hour work day or two weeks paid vacation.

Liberty is being able to choose to be the guy who only works just enough not to get fired, never leave any sick time unused, never work a holiday or leave a vacation day on the table and lives paycheck to paycheck or to be the guy who puts in the hours, gets the high paying upper echelon jobs or starts a business and employs other people because he chose to work more than 8 hours a day.

We have shit loads of liberty in this country

Nobody working in a factory 12 hours a day 6 days a week just to take care of his family has liberty.

Nice to see you've slipped up and revealed your true vision of how America should be.

Sounds like somebody made some poor choices. Sucks. Deal with it.

I don't have to. I'm not the dinosaur. I have the law and the People on my side.

What? You drinking already?

And Obama has given us record deficits. What's your point?

[

You are going to vote for Crooked Hillary and she is going to be as bad a President as this idiot Obama and then try to blame the failures on somebody else so good luck with that, you moron.

If you think Hillary Clinton is no different than Donald Trump then vote for her.

I may be mistaken, but there is no law that says there is an eight hour work day? My understanding by looking at the Dept. of Labor material is that there is a 40 hour work week. Over 40 hours, and you get time and a half compensated by either time off or pay.

Technically, there is no requirement for lunch breaks or breaks in general. All that the law says is that the company can require you to clock out of r a lunch break if one is given. Also, if the company want to allow breaks, they must be a min. of 15 minutes, and employees must be allowed to remain on the clock.

Other than that, there is no stipulation as to the length of a "work day".

Forum List

Back