8Hr workday? Weekends? Thank Henry Ford and Capitalism!

The biggest lie ever told was that people only need to work 40 hours a week to be successful.

No one who has ever accomplished anything has ever worked only 40 hours a week.

Do you think Henry Ford only worked from 9 to 5 Mon -Fri took vacations and sick time and holidays off?

Instead of whining about shit maybe you ought to emulate successful people instead of the idiots who barely make it paycheck to paycheck

There is RWnuttery at its finest. Out of one side of their mouths comes platitudinous horseshit about 'liberty'

and out of the other comes a proclamation that your only path to success is to chain yourself to a job to half of every day of your life.

Successful people even if they are employed by someone else never work just 8 hours a day.

So liberty is a myth. Good one.

Since when does liberty mean not working to succeed?

Liberty has never been defined by an 8 hour work day or two weeks paid vacation.

Liberty is being able to choose to be the guy who only works just enough not to get fired, never leave any sick time unused, never work a holiday or leave a vacation day on the table and lives paycheck to paycheck or to be the guy who puts in the hours, gets the high paying upper echelon jobs or starts a business and employs other people because he chose to work more than 8 hours a day.

We have shit loads of liberty in this country

The biggest lie ever told was that people only need to work 40 hours a week to be successful.

Do you think Henry Ford only worked from 9 to 5 Mon -Fri took vacations and sick time and holidays off?

Instead of whining about shit maybe you ought to emulate successful people instead of the idiots who barely make it paycheck to paycheck
Americans work more hours than any other industrialized nation

They seem to realize the importance of workers having a life

They also have more people on the dole than we do

BTW people who work more to succeed make more, can afford to do more and can retire earlier

[

There is RWnuttery at its finest. Out of one side of their mouths comes platitudinous horseshit about 'liberty'

and out of the other comes a proclamation that your only path to success is to chain yourself to a job to half of every day of your life.

If somebody "chains you to a job every day of your life" then get another job. Problem solved.

Ford understood the value in paying good wages to attract good workers and it was a very good business model for his day. It made him very successful.

That is the value of a free market of labor. The wages are set between an employer and employee.

We do not need the filthy ass oppressive government dictating wages nor do we need the filthy ass government protecting greedy bloated inefficient unions.

[

If somebody "chains you to a job every day of your life" then get another job. Problem solved.

Ford understood the value in paying good wages to attract good workers and it was a very good business model for his day. It made him very successful.

That is the value of a free market of labor. The wages are set between an employer and employee.

We do not need the filthy ass oppressive government dictating wages nor do we need the filthy ass government protecting greedy bloated inefficient unions.

Idiots here think people are still slaves in bondage

[Q

Idiots here think people are still slaves in bondage

Back in 1996 I worked on a job with Loockheed Martin with a new contract.

For a third of 1996 and all of 1997 I did not get a day off. Not one holiday or one Saturday or one Sunday. I worked seven days a week for little over a year. Not every weekend day or holiday was a full day and did take a couple of sick days when I got the flu bad.

I did that because it was necessary for me to be successful at my job. I was rewarded substantially for it and have no regrets for doing it.

If I didn't want to do the work that was necessary all I had to do was quit and find a new job. I was not a slave to the corporation and I was not forced to do anything that I didn't want to do.

I did not need the filthy ass government protecting me and I sure as hell did not need a greedy union negotiating my work schedule on my behalf.

These sorry ass Libtards think they are all victims of something or another and they need unions and the government to protect them.

Then they wonder why we ridicule them so much for being sorry assholes.

Some people would rather spend time wh thier families than work a couple extra hours for a couple more bucks . Crazy huh! !???

Unions help balance the power tween labor and management . Otherwise workers get treated like shit as one worker can't stand up to the employer on his own .

Successful people even if they are employed by someone else never work just 8 hours a day.

Liberty has never been defined by an 8 hour work day or two weeks paid vacation.

Liberty is being able to choose to be the guy who only works just enough not to get fired, never leave any sick time unused, never work a holiday or leave a vacation day on the table and lives paycheck to paycheck or to be the guy who puts in the hours, gets the high paying upper echelon jobs or starts a business and employs other people because he chose to work more than 8 hours a day.

Nobody working in a factory 12 hours a day 6 days a week just to take care of his family has liberty.

Nice to see you've slipped up and revealed your true vision of how America should be.

Some people would rather spend time wh thier families than work a couple extra hours for a couple more bucks . Crazy huh! !???

Unions help balance the power tween labor and management . Otherwise workers get treated like shit as one worker can't stand up to the employer on his own .
And some people like working and making money for themselves and family. Unthinkable to you, huh?
Any worker can stand up to his employer by threatening to quit for a better job. If workers get treated like shit then maybe that's what they are.

Nobody working in a factory 12 hours a day 6 days a week just to take care of his family has liberty.

Nice to see you've slipped up and revealed your true vision of how America should be.

Sounds like somebody made some poor choices. Sucks. Deal with it.

[

You want China wages in America. We get it. You're in the 'free market' wing of the Right.

The 'free market' sucks; we have centuries of evidence to prove it.

Sounds like somebody made some poor choices. Sucks. Deal with it.

I don't have to. I'm not the dinosaur. I have the law and the People on my side.

And that's your choice
IF that is your choice then you have nothing to whine about do you?

No one is being forced to do that are they?

All those factory workers are able to tell their boss to fuck off and walk out and absolutely nothing will happen to them.

And some people like working and making money for themselves and family. Unthinkable to you, huh?
Any worker can stand up to his employer by threatening to quit for a better job. If workers get treated like shit then maybe that's what they are.

You support management being to organize, but not labor.

Conservatives want a permanent underclass of working poor, on the hope that their throw of the dice won't leave them in it.

What we have now with declining unions is stagnant wages for workers, growing inequality, and a slow economy. If we want to be great again we need strong unions again. The theories about no unions have been proven false. Union workers make more.
Actually we've had those things with Barack Obama and Democrat control of government. Get rid of Obama, Democrats, and those who share their policies and we'll be back on track.

These things have been in the works since before Obama. You think we need a repub to add to the debt again? No thanks.

And that's your choice

Where's the choice if the corporations/businesses, allied with a compliant government, have such an upper hand that 12 hours a day for shit wages is the ONLY choice?

You support management being to organize, but not labor.

Conservatives want a permanent underclass of working poor, on the hope that their throw of the dice won't leave them in it.

It must be tough to be so mentally limited that you can't see that you have choices and staying at a shit job is a choice

And that's your choice

Where's the choice if the corporations/businesses, allied with a compliant government, have such an upper hand that 12 hours a day for shit wages is the ONLY choice?

I never worked for a corporation allied with the government to hold me back

Guess what neither have you

What we have now with declining unions is stagnant wages for workers, growing inequality, and a slow economy. If we want to be great again we need strong unions again. The theories about no unions have been proven false. Union workers make more.
Actually we've had those things with Barack Obama and Democrat control of government. Get rid of Obama, Democrats, and those who share their policies and we'll be back on track.

These things have been in the works since before Obama. You think we need a repub to add to the debt again? No thanks.

Trump's plan supports more massive deficits. Cruz's plan supports more massive deficits.

Forum List

Back