🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

92 Year Old Palestinian Woman: Palestinians Should Massacre Jews Like Hebron in 1929!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The*Middle East Media Research Institute(MEMRI) is a*United States*not for profit[1]*press monitoring organization with headquarters located in*Washington, DC. MEMRI was co-founded in 1998 by*Yigal Carmon, a former colonel in the*Israeli military intelligence*andMeyrav Wurmser, an*Israeli-born,*Americanpolitical scientist.[1]*

your point ?

More from Wikipedia Critics charge that it aims to portray the Arab and Muslim world in a negative light, through the production and dissemination of inaccurate translations and through selectivity in choosing extreme views to publicize. MEMRI's work has been criticized on three grounds: that their work is biased; that they choose articles to translate selectively so as to give an unrepresentative view of the media they are reporting on; and that some of their translations are inaccurate.[6]*MEMRI has responded[disputed*–*discuss]*to the criticism, stating that their work is not biased; that they in fact choose representative articles from the Arab media that accurately reflect the opinions expressed, and that their translations are highly accurate.[6]

Last edited:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East_Media_Research_InstituteAccusations of bias

Brian Whitaker, the Middle East editor for*The Guardian*newspaper wrote in a public email debate with Carmon, that his problem with MEMRI was that it "poses as a research institute when it's basically a propaganda operation."*[6]*Earlier, Whitaker had charged that MEMRI's role was to "further the political agenda of Israel." and that MEMRI's website does not mention Carmon's employment for Israeli intelligence, or Meyrav Wurmser's political stance, which he described as an "extreme brand of Zionism."*[4]*Carmon responded to this by stating that his employment history is not a secret and was not political, as he served under opposing administrations of the Israeli government and that perhaps the issue was that he was Israeli: "If your complaint is that I am Israeli, then please say so." Carmon also questioned Whitaker's own biases, wondering if Whitaker's is biased in favor of Arabs -as his website on the middle east is named "Al-Bab" ("The Gateway" in Arabic)- stating: "I wonder how you would judge an editor whose website was called "Ha-Sha-ar" ("The Gateway" in Hebrew)?[6]

THE THREAD TOPIC IS A JOKE, A MEMRI PROPAGANDA VIDEO! WHAT it shows me is the depth of depravity of Zionists.
Hah? The Hebron Massacre is no joke, it's the truth. Memri is a site that records and plays back Arab media. Period end of story. You really should be ashamed, but then again you have no shame to begin with.

Roudy----that which is HUMOROUS is culturally mediated uhm ---I have to
admit----I do not find FARSI humor-----all that ----well----funny.....
I have to pretend to laugh sometimes... But it is cute... not macabre...
Sherri may very well find pogroms a source of ENJOYMENT ---or at least
a pleasant diversion. It is clear that neither you nor I have
a firm grasp on all aspects of her "culture"

now---tell us a FARSI JOKE (in translation) ----I do enjoy
COMPARATIVE COMEDY

MORE CRITICISMS. Selectivity

Several critics have accused MEMRI of selectivity. They state that MEMRI consistently picks for translation and dissemination the most extreme views, which portray the Arab and Muslim world in a negative light, while ignoring moderate views that are often found in the same media outlets.[4][30][30][31][32]Juan Cole, a professor of Modern Middle East History at the University of Michigan, argues MEMRI has a tendency to "cleverly cherry-pick the vast Arabic press, which serves 300 million people, for the most extreme and objectionable articles and editorials...On more than one occasion I have seen, say, a bigoted Arabic article translated by MEMRI and when I went to the source on the web, found that it was on the same op-ed page with other, moderate articles arguing for tolerance. These latter were not translated."[33]*Former head of the CIA's counterintelligence unit,*Vincent Cannistraro, said that MEMRI "are selective and act as propagandists for their political point of view, which is the extreme-right of Likud. They simply don't present the whole picture."[34][35]Laila Lalami, writing in*The Nation, states that MEMRI "consistently picks the most violent, hateful rubbish it can find, translates it and distributes it in e-mail newsletters to media and members of Congress in Washington".[30]*As a result, critics such as*Ken Livingstone*state, MEMRI's analyses are "distortion".[36][37]*A report by*Center for American Progress, titled "Fear, Inc. The Roots of the Islamophobia Network in America" lists MEMRI as promoting Islamophobic propaganda in the USA through supplying selective translations that are relied upon by several organisations "to make the case that Islam is inherently violent and promotes extremism."[38] Middle East Media Research Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, all that Memri does is record and play back what is said in Arab media. This interview with this 92 year old in the original post is not portraying an "extreme view", it is a random interview conducted by a reporter who was interviewing other people, and came across this lady and then interviewed her as well. The fact that this lady (and I use the word lady very loosely) expressed this kind of hatred and venom is not Memri's fault. It is indicative of the general mentality of Muslims and Arabs. The problem Arabs have with Memri is that it provides a transparent window and insight into the mindset that exists in most Muslim countries. In other words it exposes the truth, not the lies we hear from their apologists here.

MORE CRITICISMS. Selectivity

Several critics have accused MEMRI of selectivity.

OH GEE sherri----you have finally made an honest statement----
you admitted that my post was accurate regarding MEMRI and
yours is a disgusting filthy lie Try to focus----you claimed that
the video of the isa-respecting slut who recalled
the Hebron pogrom NOSTALGICALLY ---- was a FAKE!!!!
not that it was-----"selective"
Good of you to admit that you are a liar

To reiterate reality---the REALITY on memri--which is
that which I posted and sherri disputed ----- is that its
reports are absolutely TRUTHFUL----but focus more on the negative
aspects of the filth of isa-respecters ------and not on their "GOOD
POINTS" It is very possble that the same disgusting slut
could provide us with a nice recipe for TABOULI SALAD
but memri failed to do that video

I am reminded of an interview of FRAU RICHARD WAGNER---in
which the good frau praised adolf abu ali for being "SO GOOD
WITH THE FAMILY DOGS"----but just shrugged of the issue of
concentration camps and genocide. The evil interview guy----
did not ask the right questions.

got that everyone? sherri is quibbling over the term "FIGHTERS" vs
CIVILIANS in a translation from arabic -----in order to find something wrong
with memri I have relatives who do know arabic-----memri translations
are accurate-------there is no body of translations from one language to
another -----which on close examination SOMEONE will not find some bit
upon which to quibble-----she is desperate -----FINALLY!!!!!! A BIT OF THE
COMEDY SHE PROMISED

MORE MORE MORE !!! sherri----I need a good laugh

See, the problem is noone knows with respect to any Memri video whether it has been trsnslated accurately or if the whole video is being presented even. No links to the original video are provided either so a person could try to get answers to those questions. I do not know any discussion forums where Memri is considered a credible source, Noone seriously brings them up, on websites like Mondoweiss for example or 972 Magazine. THEY are a propaganda site.

See, the problem is noone knows with respect to any Memri video whether it has been trsnslated accurately or if the whole video is being presented even. No links to the original video are provided either so a person could try to get answers to those questions. I do not know any discussion forums where Memri is considered a credible source, Noone seriously brings them up, on websites like Mondoweiss for example or 972 Magazine. THEY are a propaganda site.

NO ONE KNOWS ARABIC? that's kinda funny. I know lots of
people who know arabic in fact ----years ago----Memri focused
almost entirely on PUBLISHED mosque sermons----published
in ARABIC NEWPAPERS ------and included the original arabic ---
and those of your ilk leveled the same charge ie you and yours
lie incessantly------
Propaganda -----Stormfront is not ----but memri is

MONDOWEISS <<<< roflmao stormfront cites that one too

You're quite correct in identifying 972 Rag and MondoScheisse as propaganda sites - which is probably the reason they're 'allergic' to MEMRI over there!

If Memri is propaganda, than what do you call those bullshit sites that you post ???

So people named Mohamad, Al Barakat, Naomi, Hani, Abdul don't like what Memri does? OMG! That's it, bunch of terrorist apologist Muslims with fake credentials disapprove, Memri's finished!

Again, how does one discredit a site that all it does is record and playback what is said in Arab media, without providing an "opinion" or any commentary.

Yet all Sherri does 24/7 is post "man bites dog" articles from Islamist garbage sites. No shame, no shame at all, these terrorist lovers.

You're quite correct in identifying 972 Rag and MondoScheisse as propaganda sites - which is probably the reason they're 'allergic' to MEMRI over there!

I DID not call Mondoweiss and 972 Magazine, both founded and maintained by Jews , propaganda sites. YOU, the Nazi Zionist whore are the one doing that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back