96 Percent of Dems Who Support Minimum Wage Hike Don’t Pay Their Interns

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
:lol: Naturally. Do as I say, don't do as I do, and make sure to lie and blame the opposition for it.

Liberals are really pushing raising the minimum wage for 2014. Thirty states have put forward bills to increase it, and Democrats have made this issue part of their political strategy for this year. Yet, a new study from the Employment Policies Institute (EPI) has exposed the proponents of raising the minimum wage of their "hypocrisy." It seems that 96% of Democrats who support such measures don't pay their interns.

The abstract of the EPI study noted that "the same Members of Congress who are supporting a 40% wage hike on private sector employers are simultaneously failing to provide any wages to their own employee interns."

96 Percent of Dems Who Support Minimum Wage Hike Don?t Pay Their Interns | CNS News

And most of them are in the 1%... and pay less taxes than the average American... And Vacation in a year as much as most will do in a lifetime... And lie in a day as much as a family of 5 will in a year.

And the GOP does not do the same

for crap sake

The point is hypocrisy. For God's sake, how did you possibly not get that? Read the thread title.

If a Republican cheats on their wife, you would suddenly grasp hypocrisy, wouldn't you?

And the GOP does not do the same

for crap sake

The point is hypocrisy. For God's sake, how did you possibly not get that? Read the thread title.

If a Republican cheats on their wife, you would suddenly grasp hypocrisy, wouldn't you?

You have to realize that Jake is a far left reactionary lemming. Defend Democrats any time, any place and on any issue... Make something Dems are doing wrong about Reps... And he will do that to someone like DTMB who is not a partisan Republican, why? Because that is all Jake knows.

Not all internships are unpaid. But, for democrats who seek voters, and the sycophants that support them, raising the "unpaid" internship argument seems like a good deflection.

You guys do understand what an internship is, don't you?

And you understand many interns are paid... But the Democrat party leaders are trying to rally their mindless party behind the idea that evil corporations don;t pay people a "living wadge" while they themselves take advantage of "free employee's."

I understand this is Dems looking bad,m thus you are incapable of seeing how it would be hypocritical of the. But like I said, the party lead by 1%ers tries to rally their followers against.... 1%ers.... The biggest war party (Dems) tried to rally their supporters against never ending wars. Dems ran on fiscal sanity and in 5 years spent more than Bush and Republicans...

Yet here you are, mindlessly defending.

And you understand many interns are paid... But the Democrat party leaders are trying to rally their mindless party behind the idea that evil corporations don;t pay people a "living wadge" while they themselves take advantage of "free employee's."

I understand this is Dems looking bad,m thus you are incapable of seeing how it would be hypocritical of the. But like I said, the party lead by 1%ers tries to rally their followers against.... 1%ers.... The biggest war party (Dems) tried to rally their supporters against never ending wars. Dems ran on fiscal sanity and in 5 years spent more than Bush and Republicans...

Yet here you are, mindlessly defending.

You're addressing Shallow. Of course he doesn't understand. it goes without mention.

Yes, I was in an internship for three months where I got paid $11 an hour and that was with one of those evil, greedy Wall Street banks.

Last edited:
Every time we raise the minimum wage, predictably what happens is a significant number of people lose their jobs, and they’re almost always low-income, they’re often teenagers, African Americans and Hispanics.

the minimum wage systematically hurts the most vulnerable. also, taxes too high, wages too high, we’re not going to be able to compete against the world.

Forum List

Back