A bit more of your merciful god.

We do not know what dark matter. It is a term that was made up to try to codify what we do not understand. We don't actually know if it is matter or energy all we are doing is making up a fudge factor for observations that we can find no cause for.

Kind of like when primitive man made up gods to explain all sorts of natural phenomena that scared them.

Now the earth was unformed and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters.

Dark Matter is a fact.

Those stories come from a time when some believed that human beings were gods (crazy isn't it?)
More accurately, I think, it comes from a time when people were aware that life continues after death, that their leaders still watched over them after death. What I always found interesting in the gods/goddesses that could be traced back to an actual person, is that they kept their very human traits after their deaths. They didn't really improve. If they were vengeful in their earthly life, no improvement in the afterlife.

You have no proof the so called sprit world is real so to say you absolutely know it exists is not realistic.
I have no knowledge of it? You know this how? Oh, because you have no knowledge of it, so it is a given I don't either? After all, I have to be exactly like you?

I have knowledge. But my knowledge will not change the knowledge you have, so don't worry about me infecting you. :)

Darkness and dark matter are not equivalent
Exactly...Cho-shech is not darkness, it's matter.
It was one of the plagues in Egypt where the Egyptians could not even move.
You obviously have to check out words and the context on which they appear.

It matters because one of you has to be right and one has to be wrong.
Or, each of us is partially right and partially wrong. It comes down to human understanding. The one who is the most right is almost a millimeter ahead of the one who is the most wrong. Human understanding is what we have and most of us try to use it to the best of our ability.

I have no knowledge of it? You know this how? Oh, because you have no knowledge of it, so it is a given I don't either? After all, I have to be exactly like you?

I have knowledge. But my knowledge will not change the knowledge you have, so don't worry about me infecting you. :)
How can you other than the belief it exists?

You can't see it can't touch it don't know where it is etc. We can't measure its effects on our universe. All you have is the belief that it is real. And that belief in no way proves it is real.

Exactly...Cho-shech is not darkness, it's matter.
It was one of the plagues in Egypt where the Egyptians could not even move.
You obviously have to check out words and the context on which they appear.

YEah all this time people have been telling me the bible isn;t literal

So which is it?

Did everything in the bible happen the way it is written or not?

Not all of you can be correct.
And that bothers you? Doesn't bother me in the least. I like the Jewish understanding of God and I understand why they cannot accept Jesus. Doesn't mean my own understanding is unacceptable. Doesn't mean they are wrong in their convictions about God and how He is to be honored.

Or, each of us is partially right and partially wrong. It comes down to human understanding. The one who is the most right is almost a millimeter ahead of the one who is the most wrong. Human understanding is what we have and most of us try to use it to the best of our ability.
So who is "most right" and who is most wrong?

YEah all this time people have been telling me the bible isn;t literal

So which is it?

Did everything in the bible happen the way it is written or not?
Who tells you that? Christians?
I know Hebrew; it's obvious you don't and I wouldn't expect you to.

Everything happened as the Torah states.
I don't bother with the New Testament.

And that bothers you? Doesn't bother me in the least. I like the Jewish understanding of God and I understand why they cannot accept Jesus. Doesn't mean my own understanding is unacceptable. Doesn't mean they are wrong in their convictions about God and how He is to be honored.
No it just illustrates that the certainty you hold on the matter of god is far more tenuous that you portray it to be.

And of course it means someone is wrong.

Either Jesus was a god incarnate or he wasn't
You believe he was but the two other major monotheistic religions say he wasn't.

You truly loathe us, don't you.

Are you incensed at being held to an identifiable standard?

It's clear that since reason can't support claims to supernatural beings being real, not fictional), I am required to, ''Try to accept the truth as I describe it.''. No. Sorry. If someone is making an argument asserting supernatural entities, I'm under no obligation to accept supernaturalism as any kind of truth. For all the warm and fuzzy mystical attractiveness generated from perceptions such as Gods, I must point out that a demonstration or some evidence of these Gods is in order before we can move on to something more than wishful thinking. Your “feelings” of gods are firmly in the realm of wishful speculation and it will be a stretch from here to something deserving of more serious consideration

I also have an experience. Experience and belief are not synonymous. I know the difference between relating a belief and relating an experience.

We can experience all kinds of things in our own heads and convince ourselves they are real;

Forum List

Back