A bit more of your merciful god.

Does that mean you accept the Hindu gods are as true as yours?
Absolutely. I have said numerous times that the person(s) who have the best/most understanding of God is a millimeter closer to the reality of God than the person who has the least understanding of God.

While that may be apparent to you, it not to me. What I said is that I have no interest, no knowledge, have done no research on space aliens. Therefore, I will not go to an online site and tell people who say they have, it is all imagination or in their own mind. Nor will I tell them what any reading material they may reference what that material "really means".
What is the difference in the level of proof between the existence of gods and aliens?

Or for that matter

How is the existence of the one god proven to a greater degree than the existence of many gods?

Absolutely. I have said numerous times that the person(s) who have the best/most understanding of God is a millimeter closer to the reality of God than the person who has the least understanding of God.
What if that other person's god is not your god?

Do you find it curious that a Hindu will have experiences with those geographically, culturally appropriate Hindu gods as you have experiences with your geographically, culturally appropriate Christian gods?
No. I teach students from many different cultures. I give them all the exact same writing assignment and what I receive in return are lovely perspectives from each student. Even those of the same culture.

Why? Do you describe a person you know exactly the same as everyone else who knows that person?

Just a coincidence or do the gods claim turf, kinda' like the Crips and Bloods.
I see it as one God meeting everyone exactly where they are and working from there. Perhaps the Hindus see it as me meeting one of their Gods, but that God will introduce me to all the others.

What is the difference in the level of proof between the existence of gods and aliens?
The main difference is that I understand space aliens have physical bodies, where as God is pure spirit. When we are working with matter, we are often able to collect and examine physical material.

Where the two may be more alike is if no physical matter is left behind, and all that is available is testimony.

How is the existence of the one god proven to a greater degree than the existence of many gods?
God--or God(s) if you prefer--are spirit. "Proof" requires physical matter. If you are looking for proof (physical matter) you will never find God. You are looking for the wrong thing in the wrong place.

The main difference is that I understand space aliens have physical bodies, where as God is pure spirit. When we are working with matter, we are often able to collect and examine physical material.

Where the two may be more alike is if no physical matter is left behind, and all that is available is testimony.
There are those who believe that aliens can be noncorporeal so does that equate to "spirit"?

What if an alien could project its consciousness over vast distances is that "spirit"?

We have no way of detecting dark matter or dark energy so couldn't we just as easily call those things "spirit"?

These are the problems that dualistic philosophies create.

God--or God(s) if you prefer--are spirit. "Proof" requires physical matter. If you are looking for proof (physical matter) you will never find God. You are looking for the wrong thing in the wrong place.
So we have to accept that there is some spirit world that we cannot detect and that there are beings in that world that we can never see or interact with but those beings can somehow change us and our physical world at their whim?

Gee, what if that other person's mom is not my mom? For that matter, what if my own mom related to my younger sisters in the same way she related to me?
I thought you couldn't equate the spirit with the physical.

If you say there is but one spirit god and another person says that his spirit god which is not your spirit god is the only one which of you is correct?

There are those who believe that aliens can be noncorporeal so does that equate to "spirit"?
Sure. If there is no matter, there can be no proof. Same is true of ghosts. I have a friend who holds no belief in the afterlife, but she had lived in a haunted house and had experienced ghosts many times. She knows I have a background in science and asked if I could explain those ghosts without bringing in the after life.

I pointed out that that the ghosts were always in the same place, doing and saying the same things that had taken place in their physical reality. Could it be some events have such strength they "echo" through time and space? That no re-enactment was taking place, it was an echo? Neither of us knew, but it was the best we could hypothesize given her parameters.

While that may be apparent to you, it not to me. What I said is that I have no interest, no knowledge, have done no research on space aliens. Therefore, I will not go to an online site and tell people who say they have, it is all imagination or in their own mind. Nor will I tell them what any reading material they may reference what that material "really means".
That's really inconsistent. Your not having done research on space aliens doesn't negate the experiences of others. Their experiences with space aliens should render those experiences as truth as you identified earlier where you wrote, ''Try to accept the truth as I describe it.''.

Similarly, we should accept the truth of various other gods as we apply the standard of, ''Try to accept the truth as I describe it.''.

These various spirit realms must be very busy places.

We have no way of detecting dark matter or dark energy so couldn't we just as easily call those things "spirit"?
I do not know a lot about dark matter, but from what I understand it is a force (like gravity). Gravity does not have free will, and it does not appear dark matter does either. Neither appear to have intelligence. I would say dark matter has more in common with gravity (a force) than it has with spirit (intelligence).

These are the problems that dualistic philosophies create.
You see problems. I do not. I work more with realities and live in reality. Philosophy is how I determine the way I will meet, address, handle reality. I try for the ideal way, meaning often I do not reach the ideal. That's the reality.

So we have to accept that there is some spirit world that we cannot detect and that there are beings in that world that we can never see or interact with but those beings can somehow change us and our physical world at their whim?
I have never heard or seen where a spiritual being can change anything physical at their whim. Take stories of possession, for example. Whether those who study that believe in outside possession or not, one common note from those who believe they were possessed, is that it was with their consent.

That's really inconsistent. Your not having done research on space aliens doesn't negate the experiences of others.
Precisely. In other words, due to my lack of research or being in any way familiar with these stories, I am ignorant of space aliens. I have not had such an experience, so I am ignorant of what goes on during an experience with a space alien.

I am also ignorant of Wall Street, slaughter houses, coal mining, and birthing calves and foals. Plus any number of other things.

Similarly, we should accept the truth of various other gods as we apply the standard of, ''Try to accept the truth as I describe it.''.
If any of my Hindu or Muslim friends describe an experience they had with Vishnu or Allah, I would accept the truth as they described it. I would have no reason to dismiss them or their experience.

I certainly wouldn't tell them it was all their imagination or just in their minds when they tell me it was not, it was more. Why? Would it bother you if someone came into the religion forum and spoke of an experience they had with Vishnu or Allah?

Forum List

Back