A bit more of your merciful god.

Tender sensibilities??? HAND WRINGING AGONY! Oh NOs :eek:

Your gods have struck you dumb, Saul.
My God never wiped out humanity. Had He, you wouldn't be here.
It's your god, Satan that tells you those crazy lies. He's the one that makes you come here and spend your time aimlessly accusing people for loving their God.
There is no agony producing query you can cook up that can remove that sweet Jesus peace my God covers me in.
I think you have over estimated your importance here!:)
Your God never wiped out humanity, the 8 family members notwithstanding?

Or, are you just assuming that millions (potentially), of lives were merely disposable.

What am I accusing people of?

I never claimed any importance here. I think you harbour too much hate.

So then you must hold that some of all this "testimony" that is proof of gods in not true and that you have decided which are.
Once again: For some reason you insist everyone must have the same understanding of God and that there must be physical proof of God. Are you looking for something that can fit into a box, is utterly predictable, and that everyone describes the exact same way, with the exact same words?

Have you and another ever met another person and described that person with the exact same words and saw that person exactly the same way?

Is that the same as the both of you each creating your own different person?

Your God never wiped out humanity, the 8 family members notwithstanding?

Or, are you just assuming that millions (potentially), of lives were merely disposable.

What am I accusing people of?

I never claimed any importance here. I think you harbour too much hate.
Why would you dismiss the only 8 humans left on earth? God wiped out Nephilim to save humanity. Nephilim were the offspring of the "sons of God and the daughters of man". They weren't human. They were nasty and had to go. We are the offspring of the sons of man and the daughters of man.

You accuse people here of being Christians.
You never claimed importance, you emit it by your haughty attitude of superiority in knowledge and wisdom.

I enjoy your company. It gives me the opportunity to spread the good news. What your god means for evil, mine turns into good.

Why would you dismiss the only 8 humans left on earth? God wiped out Nephilim to save humanity. Nephilim were the offspring of the "sons of God and the daughters of man". They weren't human. They were nasty and had to go. We are the offspring of the sons of man and the daughters of man.

You never claimed importance, you emit it by your haughty attitude of superiority in knowledge and wisdom.

I enjoy your company. It gives me the opportunity to spread the good news. What your god means for evil, mine turns into good.
I never dismissed only 8 humans left on earth. After the humanity wiping act of your God, 8 people were left.

You never read the Noah fable. 6.7 identifies the gods as destroying all men.

Accuse people of being Christian? What does that mean?

If I have to teach you what your ideology actually conveys, (the Noah fable), maybe I should charge you a fee.

Christianity is a proselytizing religion so spread the good word of mass slaughter.

Sticking to the literal removes all nuance from the written word and is very boring.
There are so many layers in the verses in the Bible, that Bibles are worn out putting them all together. There is every kind of figure of speech in the Bible that exists. To determine one from another is to find it's explanation in another part of the Bible.
Absolutely take much of it literally, because it was literally meant to be understood well enough to get the point across and for us to act accordingly. Take Proverbs literally. When it says don't do that, then don't do that.

Sometimes Jesus spoke in parables, but He didn't tell the listeners why He did. That's in another place in the Bible, when the disciples asked Him why so mysterious.
Matthew 13:10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

It was because those interested in understanding the truth of his message would understand while those not interested would remain without understanding. He had many disciples. That is one way He found them.
He gave them all ample reason to believe who He was, yet, there were those so hardhearted that He could work a miracle right in front of them and they would deny it and Him.
Those who heard Him and had a propensity toward God had ears to hear, and eyes to see and understood perfectly.

This is why I speak to them in parables:
“Though seeing, they do not see, though hearing, they do not hear or understand".
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them

There are some here that rival Helen Keller...

Last edited:

Now the earth was unformed and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters.

Dark Matter is a fact.

1647805348002.png

primordial Earth ... ...

Again, that seems to bother you a lot. It bothers me not at all. God meets us all where we are and takes it from there.

because you are not the recipient -

1647805793790.png

they were stopped by people that do care and recognize the forgeries and fallacies of all three desert religions and those that perpetuate those religions unjust cruelty - unabated through the centuries.

- and no, the heavens will not interceded again. till one side or the other triumphs in totality. the prescribed religion of antiquity, the aftermath of their final intervention.

not according to google ... whatever they are claimed by the desert religions.

The Nephilim are mentioned just before the Flood account in Genesis 6:4, which states: The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went in to the daughters of humans, who bore children to them. These were the heroes that were of old, warriors of renown.

they, the desert religions also have no idea - the parable of noah ... they abandoned the meaning given to it by the heavens. for their own purposes.

Numbers 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

goliath (n.)
"a giant," 1590s, from Late Latin Goliath, from Hebrew Golyath.

David picked up 5 stones because the giant Philistine had 4 giant brothers...

We can? I will have to try that sometime, but I am doubtful I will have much success. What have you experienced in your head and were able to convince yourself it was real even when it wasn't? How does one even begin, for that matter?

I already know that what I know is an iota of what He is. Yes, even that iota is worth recognition, praise, and honor. Are you afraid that I will be in trouble because I wasn't able to recognize and appreciate more? That is my loss. I may be a thimble, but I am grateful for what does fill me.
No your path is your own I just cannot reconcile all of the contradictions that seem to litter your path

Not what I realize at all. I do realize we have different understandings of God. Shrug. Most people have different understandings about others in their group. Why do you think everyone should have the exact same understanding of God?
If there is only one god then there should be consistency.

Either the OT is the word of god or its not

IMO the NT is the bible of an entirely different religion that refers to a completely different god than the OT

The Koran refers to another god

They cannot all be the same god if they were then that god is telling different people different things

Kind of odd that people who do not believe in God would believe in eternal rewards, isn't it?
I think it is.

The whole eternal rewards thing is meant to appeal to the greed of humans. It's not too different from offering a cookie to a child if he does his chores

Who is the better person then man who lives a good life because he is told he will be rewarded or the man who lives a good life even though he knows there are no rewards?

Would a god choose the one who worships him over the one who denies he exists as the one more deserving of rewards?

There are so many layers in the verses in the Bible, that Bibles are worn out putting them all together. There is every kind of figure of speech in the Bible that exists. To determine one from another is to find it's explanation in another part of the Bible.
Absolutely take much of it literally, because it was literally meant to be understood well enough to get the point across and for us to act accordingly. Take Proverbs literally. When it says don't do that, then don't do that.

Sometimes Jesus spoke in parables, but He didn't tell the listeners why He did. That's in another place in the Bible, when the disciples asked Him why so mysterious.
Matthew 13:10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

It was because those interested in understanding the truth of his message would understand while those not interested would remain without understanding. He had many disciples. That is one way He found them.
He gave them all ample reason to believe who He was, yet, there were those so hardhearted that He could work a miracle right in front of them and they would deny it and Him.
Those who heard Him and had a propensity toward God had ears to hear, and eyes to see and understood perfectly.

This is why I speak to them in parables:
“Though seeing, they do not see, though hearing, they do not hear or understand".
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them

There are some here that rival Helen Keller...
Just because they do not see your path in no way means they are blind and deaf.

I read the bible and I was not moved by it. Why should I pretend I am?

This only supports my point that one recognizes when imagination is at work as opposed to when something is happening in real time.
I disagree.

What we imagine feels real and we can convince ourselves it is. It's a common phenomenon people have been convinced something was real when it wasn't

If it doesn't then what's the point of religion?
If your words and how you relate to your friends and colleagues are not identical; and if others who know these same people do not use the exact same words and do the exact same things with these people as you do, what is the point of friends and relationship?

Forum List

Back