A bit more of your merciful god.

And what of those who skip the god part?
It's like those who skip dessert or a walk in the early morning. Or, for that matter, me skipping weight lifting. We continue to live life despite of what we choose to skip or leave out.

I do not want to leave God out of my life. My husband does. We are both fine. Kind of like when we go camping and I choose walks and horseback riding while he is down by the lake or river with his fishing poles.

Numbers 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

goliath (n.)
"a giant," 1590s, from Late Latin Goliath, from Hebrew Golyath.

David picked up 5 stones because the giant Philistine had 4 giant brothers...

Why would you dismiss the only 8 humans left on earth? God wiped out Nephilim to save humanity.
not according to google ... whatever they are claimed by the desert religions.

The Nephilim are mentioned just before the Flood account in Genesis 6:4, which states: The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went in to the daughters of humans, who bore children to them. These were the heroes that were of old, warriors of renown.

so goliath is not a nephilim - true in the sense no such thing as a desert religion - nephilim - ever exited.

there is no mention of "nephilim" by the spoken religion of antiquity, in reference to noah or at all ... irregardless, if written by the desert religions is a preposterous deflection that will never be verified as real to have ever existed.

beyond irrational ...

Just because they do not see your path in no way means they are blind and deaf.

I read the bible and I was not moved by it. Why should I pretend I am?

It's not my path. Jesus referred to eyes that don't see and ears that don't hear. It's His path.
I don't know that there is a god and like I said The OT and NT are clearly referring to different gods.

And where does that quote say that constitutes worship?

Where is the reverence, adoration and praise?

A person can look after orphans etc and still deny that any gods exist so does this mean that person's life is not pure or faultless or that he will be judged poorly?

Clearly, they are the same God. You draw conclusions based on your lack of knowledge and understanding. They are wrong.
You have decided that the OT and NT speak of different Gods. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
We knew from the OT prophets and Kings, that the Savior would be crucified before crucifixions existed. His robe gambled for, what time of the year it would take place, that He would be silent etc.
Who, what, when, where and why all foretold...

Blues, God can be mysterious as a blessing to those who don't understand. If you understand, and simply refuse to accept, that is your prerogative. You are out of God's hands. You deliberately chose a different path and God will leave you to the eternity you have chosen.

On the other hand, if you just don't get it, and are on the wrong path, God can forgive you under this request:
Forgive them for they know not what they do...

I wanted to get back to this. How many, do you suppose, are so pure of heart that all they want is to meet God, discover who He is, His ideals, what He wants, how He sees Himself, how He sees me, what He likes best, His favorite color, favorite song, favorite animal, favorite story, and does He like to climb trees?

On the other hand, how many are looking for the God of their expectations, their wants, their needs?

Being a bit of a loner, I totally get my husband and those who say, "I don't want to know if God exists--not in this life. I want to do this all on my own, no help from the Outside. One of the first things he told me was how he saw God as failing him when he was a child and why he is so intent on doing this by himself, his way. He is a good man. And he is in good hands. As was/is my grandfather.

They are/were very respectful in saying they want to live this life on their own, on their own terms and IF there is a God, will be happy to wait and meet up with Him on the other side. Worked for my grandfather. I think it works for many that way and it will include my husband, you, and countless others. God knows the human heart, and He loves us.
The clarity of the message is the responsibility of the one giving the message.

If there are incongruencies in understanding it is because the message is unclear it is not the fault of the audience but of the author of the message.

As I said there can be no real relationship, no equity with such a vast power disparity because a mere mortal has nothing to offer to a being that knows everything about him and can control the entire universe with a snap of its fingers.

Last edited:
The clarity of the massage is the responsibility of the one giving the message.
Love God. Love your fellowman. The rest is commentary.

If you have no belief in God, I recommend loving what is ideal. Love your fellowman.

It's not my path. Jesus referred to eyes that don't see and ears that don't hear. It's His path.

Clearly, they are the same God. You draw conclusions based on your lack of knowledge and understanding. They are wrong.
You have decided that the OT and NT speak of different Gods. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
We knew from the OT prophets and Kings, that the Savior would be crucified before crucifixions existed. His robe gambled for, what time of the year it would take place, that He would be silent etc.
Who, what, when, where and why all foretold...
They are not the same gods.

The Jews worship a god who never sent his son to walk the earth
Christians worship a god that did send his his own son as himself incarnate to walk the earth

These 2 gods are obviously not the same god.

Muslims worship a god who made Mohammed his last prophet and neither Jews not Christians recognize Mohammed as a prophet of god

So it quite obvious that these 3 gods are not the same god

Blues, God can be mysterious as a blessing to those who don't understand. If you understand, and simply refuse to accept, that is your prerogative. You are out of God's hands. You deliberately chose a different path and God will leave you to the eternity you have chosen.

On the other hand, if you just don't get it, and are on the wrong path, God can forgive you under this request:
Forgive them for they know not what they do...
According to you any paths that is not the one you walk seems to be the wrong path.

They are not the same gods.

The Jews worship a god who never sent his son to walk the earth
Christians worship a god that did send his his own son as himself incarnate to walk the earth

These 2 gods are obviously not the same god.

Muslims worship a god who made Mohammed his last prophet and neither Jews not Christians recognize Mohammed as a prophet of god

So it quite obvious that these 3 gods are not the same god

The Jewish God sent His son to fulfill the Law. The Jewish Law. The Jews received Him not. Gentiles did. Same God, same Son.
Muslims? Same God. Abraham's God. But without the blessing God gave Issac, so they deviated to create their own blessings.
Two are the same. One started out the same, but usurped the role of the God who blessed Issac, and gave it to someone else.

According to you any paths that is not the one you walk seems to be the wrong path.
Because of this very concise, precise, to the point, clear enough for a 5 year old to understand statement:

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
and then there's God:
Before me no god was formed; after me there has been no other

If I believe in Him why would I not believe what He tells me?
If I tout His credentials, it isn't because I doubt my future. It is because I want you right there with Him when it is your time.
You have a coronation waiting, complements of your brother. I want you to recognize Him when you meet Him.

There is a battle for your soul and you get to pick the winner...

Last edited:
I don;t think I do.

We can never be on par with an omniscient. omnipotent being
You'll be just like Christ:
100% knowledgeable, glorified bodies, eternal...

These are the steps:

John 1:12
But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God
--

Luke 20:36
In fact, they can no longer die, because they are like the angels. And since they are sons of the resurrection, they are sons of God

1John 3-2
Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as
He is.

Last edited:
The Jewish God sent His son to fulfill the Law. The Jewish Law. The Jews received Him not. Gentiles did. Same God, same Son.
Muslims? Same God. Abraham's God. But without the blessing God gave Issac, so they deviated to create their own blessings.
Two are the same. One started out the same, but usurped the role of the God who blessed Issac, and gave it to someone else.
Like I said the Jews do not believe the god they worship ever walked the earth as Jesus.

Christians believe that the god the worship actually walked the earth as Jesus

They are not the same god

You'll be just like Christ:
100% knowledgeable, glorified bodies, eternal...

These are the steps:

John 1:12
But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God
--

Luke 20:36
In fact, they can no longer die, because they are like the angels. And since they are sons of the resurrection, they are sons of God

1John 3-2
Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as
He is.

Why should I believe that?

In any form you are still basically you aren't you?
Personality wise, I believe so. However, without the boundaries of a physical body/brain, perhaps I could know more, retain more, encompass more? Just thoughts, but it is true our physical bodies come with limitations.

Like I said the Jews do not believe the god they worship ever walked the earth as Jesus.

Christians believe that the god the worship actually walked the earth as Jesus

They are not the same god
You are describing different beliefs about God, not two different Gods.

Forum List

Back