🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A bit more of your merciful god.

Do you really expect everyone to agree with everything you say simply because you said it?
What I hope for is for people to understand what I am saying and not twist it into something else. It is like you think you are the only one who has studied research on brain activity--that everyone else is offering their experiences and perspectives out of ignorance. You won't even consider something outside of brain activity. What's that old saying? Something about to a hammer, everything looks like a nail?

People offer insights here. Your response is, "I am a hammer, therefore--to me--all you say looks like a nail." No possibility that it is not a nail.

It is interesting when facts are presented that indicate what a brain does. Not so interesting when the insistence is, "Seems outside the brain, but actually, we just don't know how the brain is doing it." Fact is, we don't know even if the brain is doing it.

What I hope for is for people to understand what I am saying and not twist it into something else. It is like you think you are the only one who has studied research on brain activity--that everyone else is offering their experiences and perspectives out of ignorance. You won't even consider something outside of brain activity. What's that old saying? Something about to a hammer, everything looks like a nail?

People offer insights here. Your response is, "I am a hammer, therefore--to me--all you say looks like a nail." No possibility that it is not a nail.

It is interesting when facts are presented that indicate what a brain does. Not so interesting when the insistence is, "Seems outside the brain, but actually, we just don't know how the brain is doing it." Fact is, we don't know even if the brain is doing it.

Herein lies the problem with discussions about deeply held beliefs.

I have never denied that you experienced anything. You label the cause of that experience as X. I while never once saying that you did not have an experience that was meaningful to you do not think that X caused that experience.

You are offended by the fact that I don't believe X caused your experience because that experience was meaningful to you and you cannot maintain objectivity because of the personal nature of your experience.

And I have never held the position that we know everything about everything and have stated repeatedly that we may never know many things because our brains are not capable of the thought processes required to do so.

That also applies to your conviction that the spirit world exists but you will not even entertain the possibility that it does not exist. Once again your objectivity is lost in the personal nature of your beliefs and you are offended when I question the existence of what you believe in and you say I am dismissing you.

So are we not at an impasse?

You are offended by the fact that I don't believe X caused your experience
No, I am not offended. You keep reading things into what is not so. I could not care less that you don't believe X caused my experience. You act like you are the one and only who has come to that conclusion and it is the first time I have heard it. Where you and I are crossing swords is my experience is an outlier of anything in NDE or OBE. So, what exasperates (not offends) me is that your position is that it still could not be anything BUT brain activity.

That also applies to your conviction that the spirit world exists but you will not even entertain the possibility that it does not exist.
And that is because I cannot deny what isn't so. And here, I am not speaking of a single experience, or even experiences that are similar.

I know, I know. You will see different kinds of brain activity, even if they are outliers. I could tell you amazing things I believe are due to brain activity, that others might well see as a spiritual event. When one experiences both, the differences are apparent. But I am wasting my time continuing this current discussion. See you in the next discussion! :)

“I wonder whether people who ask God to interfere openly and directly in our world quite realise what it will be like when He does. When that happens, it is the end of the world. When the author walks on to the stage the play is over.

God is going to invade, all right: but what is the good of saying you are on His side then, when you see the whole natural universe melting away like a dream and something else - something it never entered your head to conceive - comes crashing in; something so beautiful to some of us and so terrible to others that none of us will have any choice left? For this time it will be God without disguise; something so overwhelming that it will strike either irresistible love or irresistible horror into every creature. It will be too late then to choose your side. There is no use saying you choose to lie down when it has become impossible to stand up. That will not be the time for choosing; it will be the time when we discover which side we really have chosen, whether we realised it before or not. Now, today, this moment, is our chance to choose the right side. God is holding back to give us that chance. It will not last forever. We must take it or leave it.”

― C.S. Lewis

something so beautiful to some of us and so terrible to others ... It will be too late then to choose your side.

lewis must have been a christian ...

the final judgement is a resolution - for all who remain being in harmony with their beliefs, only one side and whether as redeemable or not ... not one group (christians) against the rest, "some" will be saved - - it's everyone or no one.

in some ways the "mad" atheists as christians claim are far more suited by their unhindered disposition than the monotheists hoping to be saved - than saving themselves. the least of which would be to stop being sinners - - a good first step. relying on a messiah is a fools errand.

So you're a reformed drug addiction and found god yet you want to lecture me
About atheism???
You are literally a jesus junkie.
Lol. So you never had any hallucinogenic experiences like that in your youth? It seems atheism hasn't any experience. How can one explain God to an atheist?

The real God experience is not like that, but at times it can be just as good. I didn't bring it up to explain Christianity as faith first is best way to get introduced to it.

Anyway, you're one of those SAF and POS so it's ANTD experience for you and the afterlife lol.

No warning/threat this time. It's guaranteed!

Last edited:
Jesus referred to that earlier abomination of desolation. Antiochus IV sacrificed pigs in the temple and put up a statue of Zeus. He also forbid circumcision.
So how did the Jews respond? Isn't this what Antiochus wanted?

Here's the best explanation I could find:

What kind of horrors could the Antichrist have in store for us???!!!???!!!

The Abomination is so offensive that it causes the temple to be abandoned and unsuitable for worship. Even your clip finally acknowledges that it happened in 167 BC. Antiochus IV defiled the temple.

The Abomination is so offensive that it causes the temple to be abandoned and unsuitable for worship. Even your clip finally acknowledges that it happened in 167 BC. Antiochus IV defiled the temple.
It states that the REAL AoD hasn't happened yet. The real abomination of desolation is yet to come and will happen before the ULTIMATE end and will be worse than what Antiochus IV ephiphanes did.

It states that the REAL AoD hasn't happened yet. The real abomination of desolation is yet to come and will happen before the ULTIMATE end and will be worse than what Antiochus IV ephiphanes did.
Just going by what Jesus said. The tribulation was horrible according to Josephus. Maybe you know better.

Here's the best explanation I could find:

What kind of horrors could the Antichrist have in store for us???!!!???!!!

Thank you for posting this video. It was awesome. I agree with it all and do understand that the new temple will have to be built first. Right now they are saying that the original temple is not where they have always believed it to be. They believe they have found the original spot which is located in the city of David. Thanks!

Thank you for posting this video. It was awesome. I agree with it all and do understand that the new temple will have to be built first. Right now they are saying that the original temple is not where they have always believed it to be. They believe they have found the original spot which is located in the city of David. Thanks!
Revelation says there's no temple because Jesus is the temple, but you and Hal Lindsey probably know better.

Forum List

Back