🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A bit more of your merciful god.

Well, why do you focus on an abomination like what happened with the desecration of the temple? Care to explain what it is/was?
Jesus referred to that earlier abomination of desolation. Antiochus IV sacrificed pigs in the temple and put up a statue of Zeus. He also forbid circumcision.

Grow up. I dont give a shit about your bible crap.
Your post is like getting flogged with a warm lettuce.

The video he posted was just a silly joke video. Once again you show that you have zero discernment.... just like the numerous times when nonbelievers replied to you, and in a knee-jerk way you immediately assumed they were believers. No discernment whatsoever.* And on top of that, no sense of humor.

:abgg2q.jpg:

* no wonder you're an atheist

Last edited:
Have another swipe at me. I'm loving this.
Have you taken any hallucinogens or psychedelics? When I was just out of my teens and not religious, i.e. Christian, I took some and felt high like I was seeing and being with god. It was a great feeling and so colorful. I realize it wasn't the real God, but it felt great.

I would be convinced that a god exists if he revealed himself the the entire population of the world at the same instant and gave a single message that could not be misinterpreted by anyone. A pretty small feat for a god isn't it?

“I wonder whether people who ask God to interfere openly and directly in our world quite realise what it will be like when He does. When that happens, it is the end of the world. When the author walks on to the stage the play is over.

God is going to invade, all right: but what is the good of saying you are on His side then, when you see the whole natural universe melting away like a dream and something else - something it never entered your head to conceive - comes crashing in; something so beautiful to some of us and so terrible to others that none of us will have any choice left? For this time it will be God without disguise; something so overwhelming that it will strike either irresistible love or irresistible horror into every creature. It will be too late then to choose your side. There is no use saying you choose to lie down when it has become impossible to stand up. That will not be the time for choosing; it will be the time when we discover which side we really have chosen, whether we realised it before or not. Now, today, this moment, is our chance to choose the right side. God is holding back to give us that chance. It will not last forever. We must take it or leave it.”

― C.S. Lewis

Last edited:
Have you taken any hallucinogens or psychedelics? When I was just out of my teens and not religious, i.e. Christian, I took some and felt high like I was seeing and being with god. It was a great feeling and so colorful. I realize it wasn't the real God, but it felt great.
So you're a reformed drug addiction and found god yet you want to lecture me
About atheism???
You are literally a jesus junkie.

The video he posted was just a silly joke video. Once again you show that you have zero discernment.... just like the numerous times when nonbelievers replied to you, and in a knee-jerk way you immediately assumed they were believers. No discernment whatsoever.* And on top of that, no sense of humor.

:abgg2q.jpg:

* no wonder you're an atheist
Youve got that right dopey.
Have another go and see how good you are.

I want to live a full life and then die and go to heaven to be with God.
Well. I can't tell you that you will be going nowhere regardless of how much you pray. As I said, there is no evidence either of them exist other than in your atrophied brain.
The Holy Spirit guides me.
Youre a liar. Spirits my arse. Griw up.
That said, Christians can fear death as we are afraid of the unknown, loss of control, fear for those we leave behind, fear of the actual act of dying (could be bad and involve illness) and worse.
Ooooooh. How caring of you to be concerned about my welfare when not long ago you issued me an invite to go to hell. Your memory is failing again.
This could be common for all people. That said, Christians would not fear the afterlife once we get past the act of dying,
There us no after life. You nuts are lucky to have survived this one and now you want another.
Why don't you go and top yourself if it's so good there. Don't go to hospital if you're sick. Lay down and die. Hallelujah God, open the bloody gates.
but it's won't be the same for the atheists, agnostics and sinners.
Youre right. It won't be the same. I'll chose drunks, whores, gambling and 24 hour sex over anything your sterile prayer ridden heaven can offer.

Imagine all sitting in a circle, chanting like the hare Krishna, and along comes God with another psalm. You burst into song for another hundred years and worry about those atheists enjoying themselves. Well worry no more. Hell is continuous fun. What a way to sprnt eternity.

Ps. Can you send some blankets? Its cold here.

When they can accurately relate things that they could not possibly have seen and heard, there's good reason to believe them. And I'm not saying you're being dishonest. I'm saying that you're giving an awful lot of weight to "maybe", "likely", "possibly".

I'm not up to speed on the OBE research, so I'll ask you. Have studies been done on people who were taken into the lab unable to see or hear their surroundings, given an OBE, then had their vision compared to the reality of the room? IOW, did anyone actually check to see if their brain is just making up the vision?

1. That's going to happen, but at that time it'll be too late to do you much good.
2. Should God do that today, within a few years we would see a groundswell of people claiming that it never happened. Within 50 years a significant percentage of the population would believe it wasn't for real. Witness the Holocaust during WWII. Immediately after we opened the camps and revealed to the world what was going on, most people accepted the truth for what it was. Within a short period of time, however, disbelief cropped up, and today we have a very active segment of the population trying to convince everyone else that it didn't happen. Should God do what you want Him to do, within a few generations He'd have to do it all over again because man will purposely deceive himself. I call that the "do a trick" theology, the idea that God has to continually prove His existence to a disbelieving people. Think about it, you're doing exactly what these people would do. Someone born after God revealed Himself would hear the stories of those who witnessed it, look around, and say, "I didn't see it, so I don't believe it, and if I see it for myself I won't believe it unless everyone else sees it too". And God would have to do it all over again, and again, and again.
Ive addressed your claims of those impossible things and provided links that say there has never been any conclusive evidence of your claims.

And what's the big deal if a god has to show himself once in a while.

Surely that's a trivial thing for am omnipotent being

In other words, easily dismiss my testimony as if I had not spoken. And, as if I have no knowledge of the capabilities of the brain. You limit the brain more than I. My opinion.
I don;t dismiss it I just disagree with your conclusions

“I wonder whether people who ask God to interfere openly and directly in our world quite realise what it will be like when He does. When that happens, it is the end of the world. When the author walks on to the stage the play is over.

God is going to invade, all right: but what is the good of saying you are on His side then, when you see the whole natural universe melting away like a dream and something else - something it never entered your head to conceive - comes crashing in; something so beautiful to some of us and so terrible to others that none of us will have any choice left? For this time it will be God without disguise; something so overwhelming that it will strike either irresistible love or irresistible horror into every creature. It will be too late then to choose your side. There is no use saying you choose to lie down when it has become impossible to stand up. That will not be the time for choosing; it will be the time when we discover which side we really have chosen, whether we realised it before or not. Now, today, this moment, is our chance to choose the right side. God is holding back to give us that chance. It will not last forever. We must take it or leave it.”

― C.S. Lewis
Why do you think that CS Lewis says is true?

And according to Christians their gos has already come to earth and yet that all powerful being wasn't able to tell the entire world who he was

I don;t dismiss it I just disagree with your conclusions
You honestly don't see those two are one and the same?

What I don't see is the purpose of your choosing a religion forum to discuss the the brain and your own beliefs about what it is and is not capable of. I don't see any wish on your side to extend exploration beyond the brain. You are satisfied to remain within chosen parameters.

I am willing to discuss the brain. What be the chances that those who do not wish to explore beyond the brain have a type of agoraphobia? The anxiety of what lies outside of the brain is too great to allow further exploration? (Yes, I am poking fun--no need to take it too seriously.)

Ive addressed your claims of those impossible things and provided links that say there has never been any conclusive evidence of your claims.

And what's the big deal if a god has to show himself once in a while.

Surely that's a trivial thing for am omnipotent being
I thought you knew if they were doing the research I was talking about. You've been involved with it for so long.

You honestly don't see those two are one and the same?

What I don't see is the purpose of your choosing a religion forum to discuss the the brain and your own beliefs about what it is and is not capable of. I don't see any wish on your side to extend exploration beyond the brain. You are satisfied to remain within chosen parameters.

I am willing to discuss the brain. What be the chances that those who do not wish to explore beyond the brain have a type of agoraphobia? The anxiety of what lies outside of the brain is too great to allow further exploration? (Yes, I am poking fun--no need to take it too seriously.)
They aren't.

Do you really expect everyone to agree with everything you say simply because you said it?

I would have thought you would have known if they were doing the research I was talking about. You've been involved with it for so long.
You don't research your own claims.

And I'm not privy to each and every ongoing study into the subject and I never claimed I was.

You don't research your own claims.

And I'm not privy to each and every ongoing study into the subject and I never claimed I was.
Okay, so you don't know then. It would seem to be fairly simple, induce the OBE on a subject who was brought into the lab blindfolded and see if what they saw matches the actual room.

Okay, so you don't know then. It would seem to be fairly simple, induce the OBE on a subject who was brought into the lab blindfolded and see if what they saw matches the actual room.
So try it.

There have been studies that attempted to something similar that that are outlined in the Atlantic article I linked.

― C.S. Lewis
Man always complains about how God set things up. When He's merciful and allows us to lead our lives the way we want to, we say He doesn't exist. When He passes judgement on evil, we say He's tyrannical. When His mere presence demands worship, we say He's egotistical.

In short, we project the worst in ourselves onto the perfection that is Him because we cannot conceive of a perfect being whose ways are not our ways and whose thoughts are not our thoughts and who is not consumed by what consumes us. We have no more standing to criticize Him than a toddler does who gets upset that Daddy leaves the house every morning and isn't there to play with him all day.

Right? It makes me wonder what happened to him as a child, to end up as such an incessantly hateful, bitter, angry God hater. What a horrible way to live life.
His evangelical atheistic zeal is certainly high on the charts. Everyone with an above room temperature IQ knows that you cannot be certain there is no God, yet he preaches his religion with the zeal of the newly converted. It's sad to see.

Really? .
Do you know anyone else who's been there? Perhaps we could do a weather report and send it back.

Threatening me with that shit is a very poor argument. Grow up you fool.

I threaten you with nothing, God has decreed where you'll go and frankly, you've earned it. Norris

Forum List

Back