A clear reason why we need closed Primaries

key words being "I WOULD TAKE IT A STEP FURTHER"

am I not allowed my opinion under the first amendment??

see once again you openly reject the 1st amendment,,

Who is stopping your opinion? I said you would want to silence people in parties, and that's exactly what you said, and 25 pages of denials by you and gaslighting by you later, I bring your OWN FUCKING QUOTE up and now you try a goal post move.

You would stop Democrats and Republicans from taking part in the political process, declare their members terrorists, and the organizations terrorists, and you WONDER WHY I CALLED YOU A FUCKING FASCIST?

Good god, read a history book on how authoritarian parties take power, it's like you are reading their playbook, dumbass.

Who is stopping your opinion? I said you would want to silence people in parties, and that's exactly what you said, and 25 pages of denials by you and gaslighting by you later, I bring your OWN FUCKING QUOTE up and now you try a goal post move.

You would stop Democrats and Republicans from taking part in the political process, declare their members terrorists, and the organizations terrorists, and you WONDER WHY I CALLED YOU A FUCKING FASCIST?

Good god, read a history book on how authoritarian parties take power, it's like you are reading their playbook, dumbass.
no where did I say silence anyone,, people are free to speak all they want,, and no goal posts were moved,,

just your comment that rights are not absolute is all the proof needed that you reject human rights as a whole,,,

all I said was political parties shouldnt be involved in federal politics because representatives are elected to represent the people or state that elected them not the party they belong too,,,

no where did I say silence anyone,, people are free to speak all they want,, and no goal posts were moved,,

just your comment that rights are not absolute is all the proof needed that you reject human rights as a whole,,,

all I said was political parties shouldnt be involved in federal politics because representatives are elected to represent the people or state that elected them not the party they belong too,,,

You said more than that, and are now trying to walk it back, you intellectual coward.

no one said freedom is free or easy,, what are you such a fucking pussy you cant take a few hrs off work??

why after 200 yrs it was never a problem and now all of the sudden its a problem??
My thoughts exactly. For my entire life we have accepted the outcome of our elections. Now all of a sudden it's a problem and we need to change our rules?

My thoughts exactly. For my entire life we have accepted the outcome of our elections. Now all of a sudden it's a problem and we need to change our rules?
thats not what I said and you know it,, elections have been challenged since the very beginning,,

I think party based primaries should not exist.
I’m confused by your position, which I usually find sober and reasonable.

Surely you recognize the right to freedom of association…

Are you saying a political party, let’s say a minor party struggling to cohere as an alternative to the two major ones, should not be able to independently choose its own candidates? Would that rule be enforced by the government?

Should the Republican Party not have had the exclusive right to choice Abraham Lincoln as its candidate in 1860?

So-called “closed primaries” are the modern democrat equivalent of the old system of party bosses choosing mainstream party candidates in smoke-filled rooms, or in party conventions.

Perhaps I don’t understand your thinking. Or perhaps you haven’t thought this out clearly?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back