A Colorado pastor accused of running a $3m cryptocurrency scam with his wife has claimed that “the Lord” advised him to carry out the venture.

.That one definitely fits the category.

I was baptized a Christian, but growing up, I actually studied 5-6 different religions to get the well-rounded picture that I wanted! There are many things the Bible simply does not answer or gives conflicting stories to that just don't meet with known, provable science we have today. Some of it has been archeologically verified, yet other parts seem metaphor.

One thing that surprised me to learn is that all of the chapters and verses in the Bible were actually added by the Archbishop of Canterbury. Where a lot of Christian fanaticism seems to come from is the rigid belief that Christianity is the ONLY way to God and that it is "my way or the highway," or to suggest anything else is to be mutually exclusive to Christian belief,. like it was somehow a threat to it.

I was never fond of the belief that there is only one way and that everyone else must therefore be WRONG.

Reminds me of the commercial where the two argue:
  • Tastes great!
  • Less Filling.
  • But it tastes great!
  • But is is less filling!
Why can't it be both?

Forum List

Back