A Conservative Republican Ordered The IRS Tea Party Investigations

It pays to have friends in the Attorney General's Office. ;)
QFT.. that scratch goes both ways... the power of the pardon is a tool that is not often used sparingly.

Republican President George H. W. Bush pardoned, commuted or rescinded the convictions of 77 people during his term.[12] Among them are:

You really want to go there?
List of people pardoned by Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Note the pardon of his half brother Roger on cocaine.

QFT.. that scratch goes both ways... the power of the pardon is a tool that is not often used sparingly.

Republican President George H. W. Bush pardoned, commuted or rescinded the convictions of 77 people during his term.[12] Among them are:

You really want to go there?
List of people pardoned by Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Note the pardon of his half brother Roger on cocaine.
Bush pardoned criminals in his predecessor's administration, which he was a part of.

Payback for diminishing his own role in Iran-Contra.

I fear no man but the tax man :lol:

It's beyond bad press. The IRS purposefully and knowingly intimidated conservative groups by stalling their applications for tax exempt status.
False. And you know it's false, which just makes it a lie.

You're right. The IRS did not intimidate groups by stalling their applications. They intimidated the groups by asking for detailed information they had no right to, lists of donors which are confidential, auditing donors on that list, and holding up the applications, sometimes for years.

And in one case, sicked the FBI, ATF and OSHA on a person.

SUCK ON IT, RABBI! :lol:

IRS Official: White House Was Not Involved In Targeting Of Conservative Groups

WASHINGTON -- In a rebuke to House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) has released the full transcript of a key interview with an IRS employee at the heart of the agency's scandal.

The 200-page transcript sheds additional light on the decision by the IRS to screen out tea party groups applying for tax-exempt status during the months and years leading up to the 2012 elections.

Republican and Democratic committee staffers interviewed IRS official John Shafer on June 6 about the agency's decision to scrutinize a tea party group's application for tax-exempt 501(c)(4) status. Shafer, who identified himself as "a conservative Republican" and said he'd worked for the IRS since 1992, said that he and a fellow screener initially flagged a tea party group and continued to do so with subsequent applications in order to maintain consistency in the process.

Throughout much of the interview, Shafer describes the mundane bureaucratic challenges of dealing with incoming applications for nonprofit status. He said his team flagged the first tea party application because it appeared to be a high-profile case, and he wanted to make sure all high-profile cases received similar attention.

"What I'm talking here is that if we end up with four applications coming into the group that are pretty similar, and we assign them to four different agents, we don't want four different determinations," he said. "It's just not good business. It's not good customer service."

Asked plainly, "do you have any reason to believe that anyone in the White House was involved in the decision to screen Tea Party cases?" Shafer replied, "I have no reason to believe that."

"Do you have any reason to believe that anyone in the White House was involved in the decisions to centralize the review of Tea Party cases?" he was asked. "I have no reason to believe that," he replied.

Asked if he had "ever communicated with [then IRS] Commissioner Shulman about the screening of Tea Party cases?" he replied, "I have not."
Interviewers also asked Shafer if he told his screeners to specifically pull Tea Party cases.

"Again, I was not asking them for those kind of cases," he said. "f I would have directed them to pull our Tea Party cases, little Susie's Tea Party would have been pulled and it wasn't."

READ THE TRANSCRIPT:
IRS Transcript I

Last edited:
n768Sv1.png

WASHINGTON -- In a rebuke to House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) has released the full transcript of a key interview with an IRS employee at the heart of the agency's scandal.

The 200-page transcript sheds additional light on the decision by the IRS to screen out tea party groups applying for tax-exempt status during the months and years leading up to the 2012 elections.

Republican and Democratic committee staffers interviewed IRS official John Shafer on June 6 about the agency's decision to scrutinize a tea party group's application for tax-exempt 501(c)(4) status. Shafer, who identified himself as "a conservative Republican" and said he'd worked for the IRS since 1992, said that he and a fellow screener initially flagged a tea party group and continued to do so with subsequent applications in order to maintain consistency in the process.

Throughout much of the interview, Shafer describes the mundane bureaucratic challenges of dealing with incoming applications for nonprofit status. He said his team flagged the first tea party application because it appeared to be a high-profile case, and he wanted to make sure all high-profile cases received similar attention.

"What I'm talking here is that if we end up with four applications coming into the group that are pretty similar, and we assign them to four different agents, we don't want four different determinations," he said. "It's just not good business. It's not good customer service."

Asked plainly, "do you have any reason to believe that anyone in the White House was involved in the decision to screen Tea Party cases?" Shafer replied, "I have no reason to believe that."

"Do you have any reason to believe that anyone in the White House was involved in the decisions to centralize the review of Tea Party cases?" he was asked. "I have no reason to believe that," he replied.

Asked if he had "ever communicated with [then IRS] Commissioner Shulman about the screening of Tea Party cases?" he replied, "I have not."
Interviewers also asked Shafer if he told his screeners to specifically pull Tea Party cases.

"Again, I was not asking them for those kind of cases," he said. "f I would have directed them to pull our Tea Party cases, little Susie's Tea Party would have been pulled and it wasn't."

READ THE TRANSCRIPT:
IRS Transcript I

You clearly enjoy a sub-standard intelligence. There is nothing released there that wasn't known previously from the Democratic memo talking points released last week. The one Cummings had to walk back on when he initially said the investigation was over.
Anyone with a functioning critical sense would understand that. Which is why you didnt.

READ THE TRANSCRIPT:
IRS Transcript I

You clearly enjoy a sub-standard intelligence. There is nothing released there that wasn't known previously from the Democratic memo talking points released last week. The one Cummings had to walk back on when he initially said the investigation was over.
Anyone with a functioning critical sense would understand that. Which is why you didnt.

Except for his name. :lol:

This is in the official Congressional Record - it's not a Democratic document.

You can feel free to continue holding your breath and stomping your feet, if it makes you feel better. :lol:

READ THE TRANSCRIPT:
IRS Transcript I

Sack up and admit you fucked up just like all the GOP trash.

You aren't going to be a bitch and just keep deflecting, are you?

READ THE TRANSCRIPT:
IRS Transcript I

Except for his name. :lol:

This is in the official Congressional Record - it's not a Democratic document.

You can feel free to continue holding your breath and stomping your feet, if it makes you feel better. :lol:

No, his name was known last week too. Look at the link to the Congressional Record. Notice the Memo and From sections. Came from the Democrats on the committee. Or did you miss that?
This will be interesting to see just how stupid you can show yourself.

Forum List

Back