A constitutional tipping point

The problem is that we have congress who thinks they can pass anything and that it is up to Supreme Court to rule.

That Fact is The Federal Congress should never pass anything that is in our Amendments period.

This doesn’t make any sense.

But in an attempt to respond to this garbled nonsense, the problem is ignorant conservatives and partisan rightists who disdain the rule of law because the courts rule in a manner contrary to their subjective and errant political agenda; rather than working to understand and accept the Constitution and its case law, they instead seek to impugn the doctrines of judicial review and the interpretive authority of the Federal courts for some perceived political gain.

All acts of Congress are Constitutional until a Federal court, including the Supreme Court, rules otherwise (US v. Lopez (1995)). Although it is incumbent upon Congress to enact measures that comport with the Constitution, it is nonetheless at liberty to enact measures it considers both necessary and proper. The people, should they perceive acts of Congress offensive to the Constitution, are also at liberty to file suit in Federal court, and seek relief from government excess.

This is the fundamental nature and process of our government, exactly as the Framers intended it to work.

Which explains why a left leaning constitutional scholar that supports Obamacare is objecting to Obama's actions how?

So we should go back to pre-Marbury?

Ignore more than 200 years of events and developments that has significantly affected this country and the world?

No.

What the fuck are you blithering about now?

You clearly do not understand Article III and Amendment 1 of the Constitution.

Anything else you want to know?

I want to know how anyone can be as stupid, lazy and ill informed as you and yet continue to post day after day.

No president threatened to bypass Congress.
No president ignored black letter law.
No president, with maybe one exception, instructed his justice dept not to enforce federal law, which is a violation of his oath of office.

Obama is unique. Not in a good way.

Okay, Rabbid, you tell yourself that...

But why did all those REagan era guys go to prison and Obama era folks haven't?

No president, with maybe one exception, instructed his justice dept not to enforce federal law, which is a violation of his oath of office.

First tell me who "all those Reagan era guys" are.
They havent because Eric Holder is Attorney General and the media has covered for Obama and his pals.
But nice going ignoring my post and deflecting to something older than most of the posters here.

Counting chickens a tad early there ain't ya bub? There will be a day the stonewalls come down, eventually your dear leader will leave office and his protective vale will go with him.

So we should go back to pre-Marbury?

Ignore more than 200 years of events and developments that has significantly affected this country and the world?

No.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

This thread is about the balance of power between the Legislative and Executive branches of the government, Article 3 is about the Judicial branch. As for the First Amendment, I have no idea what you think this has to do with anything in it. So, I ask again, what the fuck are you blithering (as in idiot) about now?

They havent because Eric Holder is Attorney General and the media has covered for Obama and his pals.
But nice going ignoring my post and deflecting to something older than most of the posters here.

That's the problem. You say stuff like "Obama is the most corrupt President ever" and guys like Templar and Rottweiler who are about 20 and have read too much Ayn Rand, really think that's true because they forgot what a really corrupt government looks like.

One that sells weapons to a terrorist state and then diverts the money to drug-smuggling insurgents in Central America.

Which strikes me as a lot more serious than "Well, maybe we'll give you an extra six months to get your insurance straightened out."

Counting chickens a tad early there ain't ya bub? There will be a day the stonewalls come down, eventually your dear leader will leave office and his protective vale will go with him.

No, not really.

Actually, more than likely, Clinton will succeed Obama and you guys will find new fake scandals to be upset about. Heck, you guys barely even talk about "Fast and Furious" and "Solyndra" fake scandals anymore, unless its a long-winded rant.

Incidently, I didn't vote for Obama in 2008, I did in 2012.

Because the GOP nominated a guy who thought he was wearing Magic Underwear, and he was the LEAST CRAZY guy you had.

Yes, the least crazy guy in the GOP field in 2012 was a guy who thought he was going to rule his own planet in the afterlife.

That's the problem. You say stuff like "Obama is the most corrupt President ever" and guys like Templar and Rottweiler who are about 20 and have read too much Ayn Rand, really think that's true because they forgot what a really corrupt government looks like.

One that sells weapons to a terrorist state and then diverts the money to drug-smuggling insurgents in Central America.

Which strikes me as a lot more serious than "Well, maybe we'll give you an extra six months to get your insurance straightened out."

Who are all these Reagan era guys who went to jail? I want names.

Obviously written by someone who knows absolutely nothing about history.

Obviously written by someone who knows absolutely nothing about history.

Please feel free to enlighten us.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

This thread is about the balance of power between the Legislative and Executive branches of the government, Article 3 is about the Judicial branch. As for the First Amendment, I have no idea what you think this has to do with anything in it. So, I ask again, what the fuck are you blithering (as in idiot) about now?

@JakeStarkey
@JakeStarkey
@JakeStarkey
@JakeStarkey

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, QWB, that you have not a clue about how our government works.

Are you aware that the Supreme Court does not get involved the issues you just claimed that the fact they never ruled on proves that they are constitutional? If it actually works that way, and since the courts have never declared that I am not God, I must be God.

Those that require the government to have unlimited powers require this view in order to support the asinine idea. It is unfortunate that the average person now sees things this way - the all powerful and benevolent government must be able to do anything it wants. We are sliding away from a separation of powers and people seem to be more than ignoring it - they are demanding it.

Even cheering for it.

There is truth in fiction more times than you would think:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp069Y_P-9M]Liberty Dies - YouTube[/ame]

Are you aware that the Supreme Court does not get involved the issues you just claimed that the fact they never ruled on proves that they are constitutional? If it actually works that way, and since the courts have never declared that I am not God, I must be God.

Those that require the government to have unlimited powers require this view in order to support the asinine idea. It is unfortunate that the average person now sees things this way - the all powerful and benevolent government must be able to do anything it wants. We are sliding away from a separation of powers and people seem to be more than ignoring it - they are demanding it.

Your comments are interesting. And I mean interesting in truth--not trying to be ironic or insult you.

Recently, Representative Issa shut off Representative Cummings microphone during a hearing. This has been done by both parties to members of the minority party during hearings.

Constitutionally all representatives are equal. Yet We the People have allowed these political parties to empower some more than others. If there is a Constitutional problem that we face is that our representatives have placed party servitude at the front of their to do list.

Turning back the clock to the Issa/Cumming and any of the previous times this happened, had the chair just let the minority member speak, the speech she/he gave would be quickly forgotten yet when these extreme measures are taken to silence opposition; well it's something that gains attention.

As for your post...blame the parties for this "you must comply" mentality. It is not only important for the survival of you as a political animal (no patronage, no Pesos during election season), but it's now become a reflex. Had Issa or any of these other guys who have done this to the minority thought about it...they would have just let the opposition speak and gavel the hearing to a close and the public would never notice.... Do you know what happened in Congress on February 25? Me neither. Were they in session? Dunno...there were no fireworks.

Power comes from the parties and our representatives are 100% vested in servitude to these thoroughly unconstitutional and, in my opinion, un-American entities.

There is your crisis.

No no no. That is nothing more than a cop out. You have fallen into the same trap that so many Americans have – demonizing something or some process as the center of our political asshattery. The parties are nothing more than a reflection of the demands of the voters. They not only want a polarized political party system, they DEMAND it.

It is far easier to demonize and attack some external process and the members of that process than it is to actually address the issues or details in a candidate. The electorate would rather read about where Romney’s dog was when he went on a road trip than his position on foreign policy. One can be complete reaction and the other requires critical thought and some study.

We have the representatives and the system that we have demanded and it is downright disgusting. Politicians are not placing party before country because they are beholden to some political machine – they have done so because they are beholden to US and if they wish to retain their position then they do so by creating sound bites and quick retorts that we are willing to vote for. We have found all kind of demons to blame for the two second attention spans that the average American is willing to put into the study and selection of the people THAT CONTROL THEIR LIVES – money, parties, politicians etc. None of that is even remotely try because the electorate has the ultimate power – they can replace any politician that they please with any other politician that supports their views. The sad truth is they don’t because the two second sound bite controls everything and the ignorant people like it that way.

Their consciousness is so much better when there is another group of people they can blindly assign blame for every damn problem that occurs. Their vote so much simpler to cast when the other guy is evil incarnate.

Forum List

Back