A Continueing Resolution without defunding Obamacare would pass in the House now

Smilodonfatalis

May 5, 2013
A lot of people on this board seem to be confused as to why most of the public blames the republicans for the government shut down.

Here's why.

The House of Representatives would pass a Continueing Resolution without defunding Obamacare, if Boehner brought it to the floor for a vote. There are plenty of "moderate republicans" who would join democrats to get it passed.

Boehner is afraid of a small minority of Tea Baggers, maybe as few as 30 members, who would kick him out as speaker, if he brought a clean CR to vote. Boehner doesn't want to lose his speakership. The orange crying man is a chinless wimp.

The government is being shut down because of a small minority of extremists--all of whom are republicans.

Oh my gosh. What if the Senate Majority leader did the same thing concerning budget bills? Can you imagine the outrage?

A lot of people on this board seem to be confused as to why most of the public blames the republicans for the government shut down.

Here's why.

The House of Representatives would pass a Continueing Resolution without defunding Obamacare, if Boehner brought it to the floor for a vote. There are plenty of "moderate republicans" who would join democrats to get it passed.

Boehner is afraid of a small minority of Tea Baggers, maybe as few as 30 members, who would kick him out as speaker, if he brought a clean CR to vote. Boehner doesn't want to lose his speakership. The orange crying man is a chinless wimp.

The government is being shut down because of a small minority of extremists--all of whom are republicans.

Not at all. It's due to lying asses Obama and Harry Reid and a lying complicit media.

Here's why.

Pretty much spot on.

Here's why.

How can you get so many things wrong. The house did their job. Reid refused to sit at the table, negotiate and compromise on a solution. Obama said he would veto anything except what he wanted, lock, stock and barrel. Right there........that is why the government is being shut down. Because a minority of two extremeist insisted on their way or the highway......and we got the highway as a result.

How can you get so many things wrong. The house did their job. Reid refused to sit at the table, negotiate and compromise on a solution. Obama said he would veto anything except what he wanted, lock, stock and barrel. Right there........that is why the government is being shut down. Because a minority of two extremeist insisted on their way or the highway......and we got the highway as a result.

Except the part that...Boehner never did bring the bills up for a vote :-( (he knew they would pass)

Except the part that...Boehner never did bring the bills up for a vote :-( (he knew they would pass)

Uh-huh.....and Megan Fox would have wild sex with me if I asked her. Prove me wrong on my assertion.

Here's why.

Not at all. It's due to lying asses Obama and Harry Reid and a lying complicit media.

Don't you right wingers get tired of trying to blame everyone else for your monumental failures? :cuckoo:

Uh-huh.....and Megan Fox would have wild sex with me if I asked her. Prove me wrong on my assertion.

If they wouldn't pass why not bring them up for a vote? The Senate brought the House's bill to a vote!

Here's why.

Good for them. Minorities have rights too.

Here's why.

Don't you right wingers get tired of trying to blame everyone else for your monumental failures? :cuckoo:

That might be the biggest example of "the pot calling the kettle black" of the year! :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Here's why.

Not when reality is on our side. They have meds that can help you be more lucid. Hey, maybe now that you can get Obamacare, you can get the help you need. Who knows, when you are finally in your right mind, you'll probably become conservative like the grownups.

The facts already proved you were wrong. There has been no vote in the house on a clean CR.

Here's why.

HELL NO, they don't get tired of that. What else can they do. They can't come up with any good ideas. They can't celebrate the shut down that they accomplished. They can't do shit. They can't even figure out how to keep the government open and doing business.

All they have is their effort to shift blame. And the only people believing that is the brain dead dummies that are gonna vote Rethug no matter what.

The facts already proved you were wrong. There has been no vote in the house on a clean CR.

The House of Representatives is under no obligation to produce a "Clean CR".

Not now, not ever.

The Constitution clearly spells out that the US House of Representatives is in charge of the Purse Strings of government.

It is the DUTY of the other two law-making bodies in the government to negotiate with THEM.

Not the other way around.

But, we're talking about dimocraps here, people.

Stupid.

Conversely, all the Senate has to do is pass the House version of the CR and get the Stuttering Clusterfuck to sign it.

Why is that not happening?

The House has the power of the budget, not the other two branches.

I hope, the House makes the dimocraps SCREAM for mercy.

And then deny it.

Shut this bitch down until the end of the year. And then make these scum-sucking dimocraps crawl on their hands and knees begging for relief.

After all the shit, all the name-calling, all the threats, all the lies and false accusations....

Had none of that happened, or at least a minimal amount, we could easily reach a compromise..... Maybe even a cave by Republicans.

But now, I don't see how Republicans can do much other than see this thing through.

Not now, not ever.

The Constitution clearly spells out that the US House of Representatives is in charge of the Purse Strings of government.

It is the DUTY of the other two law-making bodies in the government to negotiate with THEM.

Stupid.

Conversely, all the Senate has to do is pass the House version of the CR and get the Stuttering Clusterfuck to sign it.

And then deny it.

Shut this bitch down until the end of the year. And then make these scum-sucking dimocraps crawl on their hands and knees begging for relief.

After all the shit, all the name-calling, all the threats, all the lies and false accusations....

Had none of that happened, or at least a minimal amount, we could easily reach a compromise..... Maybe even a cave by Republicans.

But now, I don't see how Republicans can do much other than see this thing through.

Want to make a bet?

I bet it's the republicans who will come begging for relief.

They are the ones who painted themselves into a corner.

Not now, not ever.

Stupid.

And then deny it.

Want to make a bet?

I bet it's the republicans who will come begging for relief.

They are the ones who painted themselves into a corner.

I wouldn't take that bet. It's one thing to 'stand together' when reps can do it anonymously. If each one of them had to go on record voting against the continuing resolution (ie for a shutdown), cracks would form and the dam would burst.

A "clean" CR? Don't you mean, give us what we demand or we'll hold our breath until we turn blue? Why should the house give into the threats of the senate?

A "clean" CR? Don't you mean, give us what we demand or we'll hold our breath until we turn blue? Why should the house give into the threats of the senate?

Why should the senate give into the threats of the house? Especially, when they refuse to have an up or down vote on the CR.

Forum List

Back