Zone1 Separation of Church and State?

It of course is, which is why it will be struck down.

Just as it has been in the past.

Stone v. Graham (1980)
The court ruled that a Kentucky law requiring school officials to display the Ten Commandments in public classrooms violated the First Amendment's Establishment Clause.

Given that the State of Lousiana has no excuse for not being aware of their transgression, some civil damages might also be in order.
How is it favoring a religion?

Conspiracy usually does involve fraud if a lie is told, right?

How many of your perceived discrepancies were about the miracles performed by Christ?
Here is a real question that I don't know the answer to: are the miracles of Jesus reported in each of the gospels 100% the same, totally different, or do they overlap to some degree? A corollary question: do the accounts of the miracles increase in number between the oldest and newest gospels?

It of course is, which is why it will be struck down.

Just as it has been in the past.

Stone v. Graham (1980)
The court ruled that a Kentucky law requiring school officials to display the Ten Commandments in public classrooms violated the First Amendment's Establishment Clause.

Given that the State of Lousiana has no excuse for not being aware of their transgression, some civil damages might also be in order.

We shall see, however, that scotus decision puts to question whether ANYTHING displayed in a public school, if it has no educational function, cannot be displayed….think about what that means…can you think of anything that might be displayed in a public school that will have to be taken down because of that ruling?

Also, when Ilhan Omar was elected, they overturned a 181 year old rule that forbade head coverings so that Omar could exercise her religious freedom…does that mean pelosi and the dems violated the establishment clause by favoring Islam by changing a rule specifically because of her?

Should they then make her remove her hijab while on the house floor?

No, you tell me and while you're at it tell me why there are so many discrepancies in the Bible.
The gospel of Mark was written such that the reader was told at the beginning about the divinity of Christ but the Apostles are unaware of his divinity. Mark was written specifically around asking and answering the question of who is Jesus. So figure out the purpose of each book and you'll be able to answer those questions yourself.

It's idiotic for you to believe you know a religion that is not your own better than me. The only point I care to discuss with you is your explanation for the 40 miracle performed by Jesus. He's either exactly who he claimed he is or he isn't. He didn't leave you any other choice. So you can argue that he existed and others fabricated a preposterous narrative that was centered on him performing a shit load of miracles which included healing the sick, defeating death and controlling nature, or that he really did those things.

So which is it? Because each option would need to be tested in different ways.

I already gave you the big reason for the virgin birth and miracles, competition with pagan myths. Another reason was to show that Jesus fulfilled the prophesies of the OT, e.g., Jesus being born in Bethlehem.
The only point I care to discuss with you is your explanation for the 40 miracle performed by Jesus. He's either exactly who he claimed he is or he isn't. He didn't leave you any other choice. So you can argue that he existed and others fabricated a preposterous narrative that was centered on him performing a shit load of miracles which included healing the sick, defeating death and controlling nature, or that he really did those things.

So which is it? Because each option would need to be tested in different ways.

Your understanding of the history and my understanding, backed up by people who have spent a lifetime researching that history, are very different. But then I am one open to all possibilities and not in the business of trying to destroy the faith of others.

oh,

1723592492170.jpeg

and what might that be, the faith of others ... the factual evidence does not exist in the christian bible for so simple a dialogue as the untimely termination of those events in the 1st century and of the corresponding post crucifixion civil discord for the criminal event - in perpetuity.

rather for them then the lies of moses and abraham et al, religion of servitude and denial ... than the liberation theology, self determination no where found in those writings the true spirit of jesus and those that gave their lives - - as to not destroy the faith of the others.

Displaying the Ten Commandments is not favoring one religion over another.

Government is not prohibited from religion

they are conceived by the liar moses, a misrepresentation of heavenly personification and are therefore a criminal manifestation and can not be sanctioned by any legal authority.

None, because they haven’t established a religion.

Establish:

Government hasn’t done that and it can’t do that.
By using the phrase "in God We Trust" does not violate the First Amendment was my point because it does not say whose God. I saw your later post that indicates we agree. Thanks.

oh,

View attachment 995364

and what might that be, the faith of others ... the factual evidence does not exist in the christian bible for so simple a dialogue as the untimely termination of those events in the 1st century and of the corresponding post crucifixion civil discord for the criminal event - in perpetuity.

rather for them then the lies of moses and abraham et al, religion of servitude and denial ... than the liberation theology, self determination no where found in those writings the true spirit of jesus and those that gave their lives - - as to not destroy the faith of the others.
I have known many Christians in my lifetime, some well informed, some not so much, some quite dogmatic and some more informed and less likely to demand dogma. I have never met a Christian of ANY stripe who was as bigoted, judgmental, uninformed, hateful and malicious as your post here. Do have a lovely evening.

Here is a real question that I don't know the answer to: are the miracles of Jesus reported in each of the gospels 100% the same, totally different, or do they overlap to some degree? A corollary question: do the accounts of the miracles increase in number between the oldest and newest gospels?
What would it prove if it were? What would it prove if it weren't?

Would it result in some other scenario than he performed those miracles or he didn't? Because if he did then he's who he said he was. And if he didn't then you need to explain how such a crazy narrative was an accident or intentional.

The Constitution prohibits the hierarchy of Churches/Religions from being involved in State/Federal government. Popes, bishops, priests, ministers are set apart from government. However, this separation does not apply to the laity. The Catechism of the Catholic Church states the vocation of the laity:

898 "By reason of their special vocation it belongs to the laity to seek the kingdom of God by engaging in temporal affairs and directing them according to God's will....

899 The initiative of lay Christians is necessary especially when the matter involves discovering or inventing the means for permeating social, political, and economic realities with the demands of Christian doctrine and life. This initiative is a normal element of the life of the Church….

People/citizens of faith are not only citizens of a nation, but are also citizens of the Kingdom of God. It is not only our right, but our duty to permeate the social, political, and economic realities within our governments.
Strange is it not that the US Military has a Chaplin Corp? In God we Trust is located on Federal Currency? Every state constitution in the union references God/Creator in one form or another..........and the US Constitution states in Article Vll, "Done in convention by the unanimous consent of THE STATES present the Seventeenth Day of September in the YEAR OF OUR LORD one thousand seven hundred and eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America..............

Please present ONE STATE CONSTITION that does not reference God. FYI.......its the STATES that make up the UNION, not the inversion......the federal government answers to the states and their representatives in this REPUBLIC. Any language not found in the federal constitution belongs to the STATES.......not Big Brother (Amendment 10) ....which has never been subject to any rescinding vote.

Forum List

Back