Zone1 Separation of Church and State?

Which religion does the word "God" establish?
None, because they haven’t established a religion.

Establish:

to institute (something, such as a law) permanently by enactment or agreement

Government hasn’t done that and it can’t do that.

Displaying the Ten Commandments is not favoring one religion over another.
It of course is, which is why it will be struck down.

Just as it has been in the past.

Stone v. Graham (1980)
The court ruled that a Kentucky law requiring school officials to display the Ten Commandments in public classrooms violated the First Amendment's Establishment Clause.

Given that the State of Lousiana has no excuse for not being aware of their transgression, some civil damages might also be in order.

Apparently they must all be fruits of a massive conspiracy, right? Because you know for certain Jesus never performed any miracles, right?

My explanation is that the miracles performed by Christ either happened or it's the granddaddy of all conspiracies. And since I see no evidence of a conspiracy, it must have happened no matter how implausible it seems.
I know for certain I've never seen anyone raised from the dead or any miracles of any kind. Of course some claim that Trump dodging that bullet was a miracle so who can say for sure. Does Jesus perform the same miracles in every account or are they different in each telling?

I know for certain I've never seen anyone raised from the dead or any miracles of any kind. Of course some claim that Trump dodging that bullet was a miracle so who can say for sure. Does Jesus perform the same miracles in every account or are they different in each telling?
You tell me. Do you think they were honest mistakes or intentional lies? There were after all like 40 such accounts, right?

I'm not trying to convince you. I'm only pointing out that if you are correct that the account of Christ must be the granddaddy of all conspiracies. A point you are unwilling to accept.
I guess you'd describe Santa Claus as a conspiracy. Or do you believe in him too?

Were the myths of pagan cultures honest mistakes or intentional lies?
You tell me and while you are at it tell me if you think the 40 or so accounts of miracles performed by Christ were just honest mistakes or intentional lies.

He is based on a real person but the stories of him are embellished. Who is responsible for that conspiracy?
The embellishments are the accounts unlike embellishments in the OT which were used to make specific points usually about historical events.

Who is responsible for that conspiracy?
That's the question I am asking you. I don't believe there was a conspiracy. I believe in the historicity of the miracles performed by Christ. You are the one who doesn't believe the accounts are truthful.

You tell me and while you are at it tell me if you think the 40 or so accounts of miracles performed by Christ were just honest mistakes or intentional lies.
No, you tell me and while you're at it tell me why there are so many discrepancies in the Bible.

That's the question I am asking you. I don't believe there was a conspiracy. I believe in the historicity of the miracles performed by Christ. You are the one who doesn't believe the accounts are truthful.
The question you have avoided answering pertains to Santa Claus, not Jesus.

What was the purpose of the embellishments of Christ? What was the objective?
I already gave you the big reason for the virgin birth and miracles, competition with pagan myths. Another reason was to show that Jesus fulfilled the prophesies of the OT, e.g., Jesus being born in Bethlehem.

Forum List

Back