🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Day Ending in Y So Another Environmental Doomsday Prediction

FERC’s latest monthly “Energy Infrastructure Update” report (with data through June 30, 2021) reveals that renewable energy sources accounted for 91.6% – or 10,940 megawatts (MW) – of the 11,940 MW of new capacity added during the first six months of the year.Wind led the capacity additions with 5,617 MW, followed closely by solar (5,279 MW). Further, wind and solar were the ONLY sources of new capacity additions in June 2021.

This is just an example to illustrate how crappy your analytical thinking is. 12,000 MW is almost NOTHING compared to peak grid capacity. And NOT MUCH WAS BEING BUILT in the past 5 years because grid demand increase slowed DRASTICALLY.

Meaningless factoid. Just means that the SUBSIDIES are too high to NOT build wind/solar at this point.

So -- big "alternative" fan -- when you BUY say 12,000 MWatts of RATED POWER with solar and wind -- HOW MUCH on the average does that capacity ACTUALLY PRODUCE? How much does solar produce outside of the 8 to 10 hour "juicy period" of the day? What are gonna use for THE OTHER 14 to 16 hours?? EVER PONDER any of this before?

Ever see what the "free market" thinks about wind power? Outside the HYPE and over-selling of this sketchy energy source?

Take a look..

Wind stock FAN 2022.png

It got a "Brandon Bump" naturally in 2020, but like EVERYTHING this Admin proposes, it's not a lasting effect. That's 2008 to 2020. When it HIT the exchange in 2008 -- it FELL from around $30 to $10 in a matter of a few years and remained flat until the unicorn humpers got elected.

This is just an example to illustrate how crappy your analytical thinking is. 12,000 MW is almost NOTHING compared to peak grid capacity. And NOT MUCH WAS BEING BUILT in the past 5 years because grid demand increase slowed DRASTICALLY.

Meaningless factoid. Just means that the SUBSIDIES are too high to NOT build wind/solar at this point.

So -- big "alternative" fan -- when you BUY say 12,000 MWatts of RATED POWER with solar and wind -- HOW MUCH on the average does that capacity ACTUALLY PRODUCE? How much does solar produce outside of the 8 to 10 hour "juicy period" of the day? What are gonna use for THE OTHER 14 to 16 hours?? EVER PONDER any of this before?

Ever see what the "free market" thinks about wind power? Outside the HYPE and over-selling of this sketchy energy source?

Take a look..

View attachment 631778

It got a "Brandon Bump" naturally in 2020, but like EVERYTHING this Admin proposes, it's not a lasting effect. That's 2008 to 2020. When it HIT the exchange in 2008 -- it FELL from around $30 to $10 in a matter of a few years and remained flat until the unicorn humpers got elected.
The Vast Majority of new Power Generation being built is Renewable
THAT is and was the point... and has been since at least 2016.
We are getting a 'GND' (ie, last year's 87%) because cost/efficiency withOut any legislation.

As to how much is "possible"?
I was saving that for Reply 2.

Is 100% renewable energy realistic? Here’s what we know.

Reasons for skepticism, reasons for optimism, and some tentative conclusions.

"...Today’s models, at least, appear to agree that “a diversified mix of low-CO2 generation resources” add up to a more cost-effective path to deep decarbonization than 100% renewables. This is particularly true above 60% or 80% decarbonization, when the costs of the renewables-only option rise sharply.
Again, it’s all about balancing out VRE. The easiest way to do that is with fast, flexible natural gas plants,
but you can’t get past around 60% decarbonization with a large fleet of gas plants running. Getting to 80% or beyond means closing or idling lots of those plants. So you need other balancing options."..."

Some say '100%' is possible.
I Don't see it how but at current Power Gen rates we are and will be making Huge inroads.
I can see the above 60%-80% with NG back up.
(I own NG stocks and mostly NG-MLPs. As we say on Wall Street, 'I only get paid for being right.')
ie

100% renewable energy - Wikipedia

"...The main barriers to the widespread implementation of large-scale renewable energy and low-carbon energy strategies are seen to be primarily social and political rather than technological or economic.[9][10]
According to the 2013 Post Carbon Pathways report, which reviewed many international studies, the key roadblocks are: climate change denial, the fossil fuels lobby, political inaction, unsustainable energy consumption, outdated energy infrastructure, and financial constraints.[11]..​

My New Pre-Sig. (To whom it may concern)
I Post ON TOPIC.
To the degree your post is I thank you.
But I will do my best to embarrass and put down One-line or Insult-only trolls due to the Lack of moderation on USMB. (Home OF the RW trolls.. perhaps 70%)

`

Last edited:

Forum List

Back