A Discussion on When Ideology Is Identity

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Assistant professor of Government and Politics at the University of Maryland and the author of 'Uncivil Agreement: How Politics Became Our Identity' has a great discussion on the current state of politics.

Have a listen, then share your thoughts...

When Ideology is Identity with Lilliana Mason | Crooked Media

I just finished listening to it myself, very informative. Particularly on the state of our current political climate.

Last edited:
Actually it's more likely that our identity became our ideology. The Founding Fathers set up the greatest document in the world and left wing "professors" seem to think that the 1st Amendment freedom of religion only applies to the "privileged" when they don't agree with the decision by the Supreme Court. Even in the world of the liberal elite they seem rely on cliches when it's convenient instead of facts.

Actually it's more likely that our identity became our ideology. The Founding Fathers set up the greatest document in the world and left wing "professors" seem to think that the 1st Amendment freedom of religion only applies to the "privileged" when they don't agree with the decision by the Supreme Court. Even in the world of the liberal elite they seem rely on cliches when it's convenient instead of facts.
Did liberal elites or any elites exist during the founding father days??

Great document, tried to give more power to average people with out giving up a large amount to the privileged. nothing man does is perfect ,we are just human so subject to protecting our personal interests. when we become misguided we tend to hurt our own best interests.

Take a listen, I'd love to get your feedback on the discussion.

Assistant professor of Government and Politics at the University of Maryland and the author of 'Uncivil Agreement: How Politics Became Our Identity' has a great discussion on the current state of politics.

Interesting views but I think Lilliana is dreaming if she thinks we can "break out of this cycle", we're Roman Empire V2.0, we're behaving just like the Romans of the late Empire when it comes to tribalism, decadence and patronage and the probability is high that we'll end up the same way they did.

"They went on to talk about how Democrats because they operate in more heterogeneous spaces, are more willing to consider making a change like that than Republicans are."

The democrat Party sure has changed - somewhat dramatically one might say and certainly not for the better.

I think they glossed over the obvious. They were spot on regarding many of their points but a little naive on others. Whites as a race have repeatedly proven they are unable to adjust to the presence of other people. Their reactions to other people the vast majority of the time consists of genocide and theft. I dont see this as so much a political problem as i see it as a racial problem. Whites make up the vast majority of republicans. Its not even close..There are more white repubs than white dems.

I just finished listening to it myself, very informative. Particularly on the state of our current political climate.

When my father told me to never discuss Politics and Religion in polite company, I asked him why not.

He said peoples' sense of self is tied to the political and religious beliefs. If you get critical of a candidate or that other church across the street for yours, they take it as if you are insulting them personally.

Some Evangelical Christians get lectures at their church on how to confront other 'false' Christian churches - Mormons, 7th Day Adventists, Catholics, and Jews. Along with the people really going to hell (in their twisted little minds) - Buddhists, Muslims, and Hindus. Very arrogant and unchristian if you ask me.

Don't know how this popped up from 2018 but thanks for the link!

Forum List

Back