🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Disturbing Photo of Trump's SOS favorite Rex Tillerson ....& Russia's Vlad Putin...

I don't mind that Tillerson has a previous relationship with foreign leaders as CEO of Exxon. It might make his job easier. I don't think the SoS is actually doing his own deals--he is speaking for the President, isn't he? Diplomats are on a short leash, are they not? So why does it matter? Tillerson will not be working for Exxon anymore if he takes the job, so what is all the flap about "deals," etc.?
Are people's fevered imaginations working overtime, as usual?
NO
Putin is very much a KGB man, what Russians call a Chekist cunningly conspiratorial to his bones. What Trump sees is a businessman, seeking trade deals, cooperation that will lead to economic growth for both countries. Putin has vast wealth and certainly has business interest, but unlike Trump he has deep ideological beliefs. Putin's viewpoint is that of an Orthodox Jihadist, the West is an implacable foe of Holy Russia with whom there can be no lasting peace. He does not and will never see the US as alley.

The greatest danger to the US is when Putin turns on Trump as he surely will just as he did on Bush and Obama. If Trump thinks he can trust Putin, he is a fool.
I realize Putin is no friend to America. I just don't jump to the conclusion that Trump is "fooled." Have you never had a job where you put on a smiling face to negotiate? Foreign policy and business are conducted similarly, although the goals may be different. I hope Trump understands that Russia is expansionist, that it sees us as Adversary #1, no matter what we do, and that his foreign policy goals will seek to contain them without bringing us to loggerheads. There is no evidence, yet, that he will fail in this.

] I'm paying about 2.50 a gallon for gas right now. I'm not sure how I'm getting screwed. You hate successful business people, we get it.

No, I hate it when our last underground aquifers, fostering our main economical asset on world trade (food from agriculture) becomes hopelessly polluted forever. You can't clean up carcinogenic solvents that have been pumped into shale beds where hairline fractures percolate via capillary-effect, back up into the aquifers they're directly underneath.

But that's all science stuff. Don't worry, your guru Trump will do away with as many honest scientists as he can. Just wait for your kids to get cancer or your tapwater to catch fire. Then you will have wanted our concerns about fresh water and agriculture to have been more stringent. But it will be too late then.

Long story short...your cheap gas has a price tag...asshole... Too bad they'll be fabricating more reasons to shitcan economical diesel-fueled cars that get 60mpg...whose fuel can be cut with biofuels created by algaes and other sources outside petroleum. They'll be pushing big gas-guzzling SUVs again in commercials. They're out to head-hunt Tesla cars already for their efficiency.

Like I said in the OP, the GOP needs to be very very wary of the type of insane hubris the left was blind to in its extreme and unpalatable factions. The internet has educated people; there's no turning back from that. You can't hide the truth as easily as industry once could. This oversight is one the political parties will make about the middle voters over and over until they finally wake up and smell the outfall of information's effect on the human mind's ability to make decisions....on election day...

Remember the tens of millions of low grade humans those retarded moron Liberals wanted to wave in to this country to suck the taxpayer tit for eternity and deplete our natural resources? Do you see how this works? Will Libtards ever look past their nose and think 'big picture'? Do you think fracking would be necessary if we were about 100 million less? Damn whack-jobs!

I don't mind that Tillerson has a previous relationship with foreign leaders as CEO of Exxon. It might make his job easier. I don't think the SoS is actually doing his own deals--he is speaking for the President, isn't he? Diplomats are on a short leash, are they not? So why does it matter? Tillerson will not be working for Exxon anymore if he takes the job, so what is all the flap about "deals," etc.?
I notice you didn't comment on the body language of the two men in the foreground of the picture in the OP...

Only Democrats, Liberals and Progressives are smart enough to know one's character with absolute certainty based on a frozen moment in time, a facial expression and body language. You should know this.

Only Democrats, Liberals and Progressives are smart enough to know one's character with absolute certainty based on a frozen moment in time, a facial expression and body language. You should know this.

You're right. I should've added what everyone already knows in their bone marrow: 1. That Putin cannot EVER be trusted by any American messenger or ambassador and 2. That the CEO of Exxon thinks like a man who sleeps on a golden bed.

The picture + common knowledge = the conclusion. Add that to post #2 courtesy of Mooney, where Rex T. is the CEO of Exxon but is suing to keep fracking enterprises away from his elite Texas community; and you have all you really need to know about the man and how he operates. He is privileged. You are not. He has clean water. You're not entitled to it. His horses & kids won't get cancer. Yours will. He is rich. You are poor. There are two types of humans in his world and he belongs to the type that doesn't care if you or your kids die.

So, given that, what kind of a Secretary of State would he make?

I realize Putin is no friend to America. I just don't jump to the conclusion that Trump is "fooled." Have you never had a job where you put on a smiling face to negotiate? Foreign policy and business are conducted similarly, although the goals may be different. I hope Trump understands that Russia is expansionist, that it sees us as Adversary #1, no matter what we do, and that his foreign policy goals will seek to contain them without bringing us to loggerheads. There is no evidence, yet, that he will fail in this.

Except there's nothing to indicate that Trump is going to address Russian expansionism.

In fact, he's going to lift sanctions that Obama put in place after the invasion of Ukraine...

He's going to turn a blind eye to what the Russians are doing in Syria (Oh, Assad's troops are killing women and children today!)

Now, there might be good reasons to not get into the middle of these fights. But I would feel a lot better about them if we didn't have a guy who might well be on their payroll.

NO
Putin is very much a KGB man, what Russians call a Chekist cunningly conspiratorial to his bones. What Trump sees is a businessman, seeking trade deals, cooperation that will lead to economic growth for both countries. Putin has vast wealth and certainly has business interest, but unlike Trump he has deep ideological beliefs. Putin's viewpoint is that of an Orthodox Jihadist, the West is an implacable foe of Holy Russia with whom there can be no lasting peace. He does not and will never see the US as alley.

The greatest danger to the US is when Putin turns on Trump as he surely will just as he did on Bush and Obama. If Trump thinks he can trust Putin, he is a fool.
Russia's Ronald Reagan

Russia's "expansion" is only in obedience to its own Monroe Doctrine and to take back the natural sphere of influence it's had for 300 years. Russia's growing strength may be paranoiacally looked at as a threat or realistically looked at as an opportunity to have an alliance with them in order to make us both stronger. There's no reason we should be stuck with the decadent EU or the whining freeloading cowards of Eastern Europe.

Putin is the greatest Russian since Peter the Great, who was also a little rough along the edges. His main opposition is to the New World Order, an incompetent but vicious transnationalist scheme that is not in the interest of the dispossessed American 99% to belong to.

NO

The State Dept is most concerned with diplomatic relations, peacekeeping, war, human rights, environment, culture, and putting out fires before they become wars. In regard to trade, their primary function is just to interface with various world trade organizations such the WTO.

Actual negotiating trade deals are not the function of the State Dept but the Commerce Dept. through the Office of Trade Negotiations and Analysis. Putting a multinational corporation CEO as head of State, talented in trade negotiations who lacks any experience in international diplomacy seems like a bad misfit.

Tillerson's relationship with Putin is probably overblown and will obscure his real weakest which is his lack of experience in international affairs, international diplomacy, and working within the tangled US government bureaucracy.

Last edited:
Trump's recent heart-throb for Secretary of State. Rex Tillerson (far left). It looks here like he's already cutting deals to sell us down the rivier:

Rex Tillerson, ExxonMobil’s CEO, is expected to be Donald Trump’s secretary of state

rex-e1481412214690.jpg

I'm not sure I like the smile on Putin's face here...^^.....Or the one on Rex Tillerson's face either...

Discuss this picture's body language

...l.

We get it.

You are a homo-phobe.

Your code words about class warfare is rejected.

I personally have no problem with Tillerson mixing business and pleasure. I'm not anti-sex like so many lefties today.

This is probably some self loathing thing from a lefty closet case.

Don't be a hater. Everyone is beautiful, in their own way.

Well you're ^^ certainly twisting yourself into a knot there trying to spin an unfavorable light on my observations...I'll give you that. I haven's seen a post more reaching in recent memory..

Except there's nothing to indicate that Trump is going to address Russian expansionism.

In fact, he's going to lift sanctions that Obama put in place after the invasion of Ukraine...

He's going to turn a blind eye to what the Russians are doing in Syria (Oh, Assad's troops are killing women and children today!)

Now, there might be good reasons to not get into the middle of these fights. But I would feel a lot better about them if we didn't have a guy who might well be on their payroll.
The chance of another war seems likely looking at the Trump people whose job it is keep us out a war. First, Madog Mattis as Secretary of Defense is about as hawkish as you can get that will be asking for huge defense budget increases. Ret. Gen. Michael Flynn, as National Security Adviser, a critic of NATO, and the UN, an anti-Muslim who creates and spreads conspiracy theories and fake news stories. Then there's Tillerson, an Exxon CEO with no experience in international diplomacy who should have been Secretary of Commerce. This is the go to guy when international incidents really heat up, the guy that will use his skills in diplomatic diplomacy to find a peaceful solution. Trump is building a war cabinet.

Condi Rice, Dick Cheney, & Mitch McConnell have all come out in support of Rex.

they've never seen a resume like his before. NEVER.

All you libs crying about a big oil guy as Secretary of State, get the hell out of your cars, trucks, planes & homes right now.

Hypocrites

What I like about Trump: He puts Tillerson's name out there & the media rips him: big oil, russia, iran, blah, blah... Trump picks him anyways. He fights

Condi Rice, Dick Cheney, & Mitch McConnell have all come out in support of Rex.

they've never seen a resume like his before. NEVER.
That's like saying three preschoolers came out in favor of eating cookies for dinner. We're supposed to see their endorsement of Mr. BigOil as "a wise endorsement to follow"?

Dick Cheney has now weighed in support of Tillerson,

so to all you crazies out there in the Trump camp who thought you were getting something other than the same old same old GOP,

sorry, suckers.

Dick Cheney has now weighed in support of Tillerson,

so to all you crazies out there in the Trump camp who thought you were getting something other than the same old same old GOP,

sorry, suckers.
I know. The GOP...where they had a GROUNDSWELL of new membership potential ...is now knifing itself in the back.

Clearly they are unaware of how middle voters vote. They're not even trying to hide the hubris at all. Hope they enjoy themselves...2018 will be here in the blink of an eye. There isn't enough lipstick in the world to put on the pig Cheney & his endorsement. Nobody likes the guy. Not left, not center, not even a lot of the right if they had to take truth serum..

Equally disturbing is the prospect of John Bolton at deputy Secretary.

The guy who wants war with Iran.
Trump has built a war cabinet. Mad Dog Mattis as Secretary of Defense, Mike Flynn as National Security Adviser, Mike Pompeo as CIA director and Bolton as Deputy Secretary, all hawks and Tillerson as Secretary of State whose 40 years of experience in the oil business we will depend on to keep us out of war.

I know. The GOP...where they had a GROUNDSWELL of new membership potential ...is now knifing itself in the back.

Clearly they are unaware of how middle voters vote. They're not even trying to hide the hubris at all. Hope they enjoy themselves...2018 will be here in the blink of an eye. There isn't enough lipstick in the world to put on the pig Cheney & his endorsement. Nobody likes the guy. Not left, not center, not even a lot of the right if they had to take truth serum..

Here's the thing, Sil. If the economy doesn't tank, Trump will get a second term if he wants one. If it does, they'll run him out on a rail and we will get someone so far to the left you wingnuts will pine for Hillary.

But your main issue, the gay stuff. That discussion is over and you lost.

I trust big oil companies and their overpaid underworked executives about as much as I trust Lucifer. The swamp is getting deeper by the day. When is the draining going to begin?

Forum List

Back