A few questions so I will know who I'm dealing with...

et al,

Thanks a lot for ruining the curve.

All who answered with Yes,A,No,A,No win a fifty cent seegar. Everyone else will stay after class for a refresher course.
(COMMENT)

Now I have to take the refresher course.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
reabhloideach, et al,

Oh, come now.

look on the bright side. at least your "irrelevance" can be remedied.
(COMMENT)

Yes, I've always had a certain amount of "irrelevance." I buy it in bulk at the warehouse store.

I think these are good questions for all to answer :)

i thought so too, but it turned out to be a zionist ambush. i don't think any pro-palestinian posters should answer.
(COMMENT)

A "zionist ambush"????

As is "irrelevant" as I am, the questions are straight forward. What is the harm?

Most Respectfully,
R

This is directed primarily to the anti-Israel/pro-"Palestinian" posters...

1. Do you believe that there should be a Jewish State of Israel?

2. The Old City of Jerusalem should be under (a) Israeli control; (b) Jordanian control; (c) Palestinian control; or (d) International control?

3. Do you believe that a viable "2 state solution" can include a "Palestinian right of return" to Israel?

4. Rocket fire from Gaza into Israel constitutes (a) terrorist activity, or (b) legitimate resistence.

5. Do you believe that the majority of those who consider themselves "Palestinians" support a "two-state solution" resulting in a peaceful coexistence with a Jewish State of Israel?

1 ) No !!! My problem here is the word Jewish, my problem here is with the designation Jewish in that I think that it is impossible to have a democracy in a religious state. This word automatically creates an underclass of all non-Jewish people in the state.
2 ) D if you look at the UN resolutions that first of all established the partition and the second one that admitted Israel as a member state in the UN, Israel agreed to the fact that Jerusalem would be an international city.
3 ) The same reason as in # 2 above Israel agreed to the right of return in the above two UN resolutions.
4 ) If you choose A, that answer would also apply to the Israelis in operation Cast Lead.
5 ) I really don't have enough information to answer this question.

I would be remiss if I did not include the following comments on your questions, I also think they are relevant to the conversation. I find the attitude expressed by your questions and your comments following to be dismissive arrogant and biased to say the least.You have set yourself up as judge, jury, and executioner. What or who gives you the right to be so caviler about other peoples answers and further who set you up as the arbiter of who is right and who is wrong on what amounts to a group of subjective questions. I find your questions and comments to be more indicative with who we are dealing with rather than who we are.

By the way I find no compelling reason to attend your class and will not be doing so !!!

Last edited:
This is directed primarily to the anti-Israel/pro-"Palestinian" posters...

2. The Old City of Jerusalem should be under (a) Israeli control; (b) Jordanian control; (c) Palestinian control; or (d) International control?

3. Do you believe that a viable "2 state solution" can include a "Palestinian right of return" to Israel?

4. Rocket fire from Gaza into Israel constitutes (a) terrorist activity, or (b) legitimate resistence.

5. Do you believe that the majority of those who consider themselves "Palestinians" support a "two-state solution" resulting in a peaceful coexistence with a Jewish State of Israel?

1 ) No !!! My problem here is the word Jewish, my problem here is with the designation Jewish in that I think that it is impossible to have a democracy in a religious state. This word automatically creates an underclass of all non-Jewish people in the state.
2 ) D if you look at the UN resolutions that first of all established the partition and the second one that admitted Israel as a member state in the UN, Israel agreed to the fact that Jerusalem would be an international city.
3 ) The same reason as in # 2 above Israel agreed to the right of return in the above two UN resolutions.
4 ) If you choose A, that answer would also apply to the Israelis in operation Cast Lead.
5 ) I really don't have enough information to answer this question.

I would be remiss if I did not include the following comments on your questions, I also think they are relevant to the conversation. I find the attitude expressed by your questions and your comments following to be dismissive arrogant and biased to say the least.You have set yourself up as judge, jury, and executioner. What or who gives you the right to be so caviler about other peoples answers and further who set you up as the arbiter of who is right and who is wrong on what amounts to a group of subjective questions. I find your questions and comments to be more indicative with who we are dealing with rather than who we are.

By the way I find no compelling reason to attend your class and will not be doing so !!!

Having taken tests and quizzes for the first half of my life, I found that most of them were subjective to some degree. He merely set up this quiz to see who was pro-Israeli, and from your answers, it seems that you aren't.

The idea that you can't have a Jewish democracy is simply wrong. All democracies have core values and principles that are not subject to being overridden by simple majority vote. Israel was established to provide the Jewish people with a safe haven. That can't be altered by vote, but all Israeli citizens can elect representatives to advocate their views and further their interests.

I also find it amusing that anti-Israel folks are so appalled by the notion of a Jewish State, but are fine with the many Islamic Republics.

The idea that you can't have a Jewish democracy is simply wrong. All democracies have core values and principles that are not subject to being overridden by simple majority vote. Israel was established to provide the Jewish people with a safe haven. That can't be altered by vote, but all Israeli citizens can elect representatives to advocate their views and further their interests.

I also find it amusing that anti-Israel folks are so appalled by the notion of a Jewish State, but are fine with the many Islamic Republics.

How many proposed laws by Israeli Arabs actually became law?

I'm appalled by your simplistic lumping of people into "anti-Israel folks" and your presumption that they are "appalled" by the notion of a Jewish state and "are fine" with many Islamic Republics.

You provide great questions for discussion and then apply stereotypes that presume to know what people are thinking and shut off real discussion. It's almost a "baiting" post - as if you aren't truly interested in what people think. So lets make this a real discussion.

Your first question:

Leads to two more questions:

What do you mean by a "Jewish State" - what does that mean on the ground?

Second - can any religious state be compatible with a democratic society?

The second question can't be answered until the first is defined :)

I find that if the core values of a state codify a second class then it really is not a democracy, and proving your assumption wrong I find the same thing about the notion of an Islamic Republic as I do about a Jewish State.
Also refering back to an earlier post of yours if the monitor of the questions is biased, as you are, then that bias will be reflected in his judgement, and not to be trusted.

that's what i call it when someone asks questions for the purpose of attacking someone who responds in an honest fashion but not to the liking of the person asking the question.

she said she wanted to know who she was dealing with? she shoulfd have said "i just have a few questions so i can attempt to rip you to shreds.

hey, i'm gullible and naive. i keep trusting people at their word and expressed intent, even pro-israelis initially....but if she wants to go all aggro, i can certainly accomodate her.

fuck you.

Back to the questions: What is meant by a "Jewish State"?

It means a state that has as its core principle the mission of providing the Jewish people with a safe haven.

Are you so unaware of history that you fail to comprehend why such a haven is necessary?

Back to the questions: What is meant by a "Jewish State"?

It means a state that has as its core principle the mission of providing the Jewish people with a safe haven.

But what does that mean in terms of the actual application of a state? What does it means in terms of laws and rights? What you are stating is little more than a bumper sticker slogan.

Are you so unaware of history that you fail to comprehend why such a haven is necessary?

Are you really going to insist on acting like a troll?

By the way, if you don't like my questions, don't answer them. Nobody is forcing you to respond.

By the way, if you don't like my questions, don't answer them. Nobody is forcing you to respond.

I actually like your questions - I think they are interesting. It would be nice to discuss them - if that is your intent.

I'm well aware of history but the question isn't why a homeland for Jews was needed - the question is what is meant by a Jewish State and whether it can work with a democratic society and government. It's not rocket science :dunno:

I find that if the core values of a state codify a second class then it really is not a democracy, and proving your assumption wrong I find the same thing about the notion of an Islamic Republic as I do about a Jewish State.

You've proven nothing.

I actually like your questions - I think they are interesting. It would be nice to discuss them - if that is your intent.

I'm well aware of history but the question isn't why a homeland for Jews was needed - the question is what is meant by a Jewish State and whether it can work with a democratic society and government. It's not rocket science :dunno:

I've already answered that question. If you don't like the answer, fine. But it does not change the fact that democracy is never an absolute. In the U.S., elected officials cannot enact a statute that violates the Constitution (our core principles). In Israel, elected officials cannot remove the core principles that make Israel the Jewish homeland.

This is why my question about the "Palestinian right of return" is key. If Israel were to allow Arabs to move to Israel by the thousands (or millions) and establish a majority, Israel would cease to exist. Those who purport to believe that democracy is the only valid value on the planet might say "so what?"

We all know what happened the last time people said "so what" about the fate of the Jewish people.

Forum List

Back