A Friend Under IRS Attack

uh---Hello ? Are you just waking up from you dreams of delusional denial ? You might wanna see what it is that people are bitching about before you tell them that there is nothing to bitch about.

If you can't articulate what is inappropriate in the example given then 'bitching' is the appropriate word for what's being done.

It is not appropriate for the IRS to be involved in determinations of what is, or is not, proper ideology, proper speech, or proper teaching.

It is not appropriate for the IRS to delay, hinder, or harass any organization whose opinions or actions are contrary to the opinions or actions of the political party in power.

The IRS has the right to determine whether the activities of ANY organization applying for tax breaks do in fact conform to the requirements for that tax break.

If you can't articulate what is inappropriate in the example given then 'bitching' is the appropriate word for what's being done.

It is not appropriate for the IRS to be involved in determinations of what is, or is not, proper ideology, proper speech, or proper teaching.

It is not appropriate for the IRS to delay, hinder, or harass any organization whose opinions or actions are contrary to the opinions or actions of the political party in power.

The IRS has the right to determine whether the activities of ANY organization applying for tax breaks do in fact conform to the requirements for that tax break.

8. It’s pretty plain: “Congress shall make no law...” The First Amendment doesn’t say “Congress shall make no law so long as you apply to the IRS and register under section 501(c)4 of the Internal Revenue Code, but if your ‘major purpose’ under the Federal Election Commission’s regulation is politics, you have to register with the FEC and disclose your donors, and if you are a lobbyist, you have to register and disclose your clients.”

9. The rest of the document is pretty clear, too. The powers of the Congress and of the President are enumerated. Nowhere among those enumerated powers is the power to demand that individuals disclose their donors, their plans to run for elective office, or their social media posts as a condition of exercising their rights to speech, assembly or petition. On the contrary, the Ninth Amendment makes clear that “the enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

I can present it to you....

....I just can't comprehend it for you.

The IRS, like any government agency is full of hacks and morons.

For example I sent in my payroll taxes on time as usual and a year later I received a refund check with no explanation so I deposited it and forgot about it. Two years after that I got a letter demanding I pay the payroll taxes from the third quarter 3 years past plus penalties and interest.

I talked to a fucking idiot at the IRS and he said I should have known the refund was an error and not cashed the check. I asked him how I was supposed to know that when there was no explanation as to what the refund was for?

Long story short I got the penalties removed but still had to pay 3 years worth of interest to the fucking IRS for their mistake.

"The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) demanded information about conservative groups’ college-aged interns, prompting outrage from one of the country’s top conservative activist organizations and leading one former intern to wonder whether his family’s pizza parlor would be endangered.

The IRS requested, in an audit, the names of the conservative Leadership Institute’s 2008 interns, as well as specific information about their internship work and where the interns were employed in 2012, according to a document request the IRS sent to the Leadership Institute, dated February 14, 2012."

Read more: IRS targeted conservative college interns | The Daily Caller

The IRS, like any government agency is full of hacks and morons.

For example I sent in my payroll taxes on time as usual and a year later I received a refund check with no explanation so I deposited it and forgot about it. Two years after that I got a letter demanding I pay the payroll taxes from the third quarter 3 years past plus penalties and interest.

I talked to a fucking idiot at the IRS and he said I should have known the refund was an error and not cashed the check. I asked him how I was supposed to know that when there was no explanation as to what the refund was for?

Long story short I got the penalties removed but still had to pay 3 years worth of interest to the fucking IRS for their mistake.

This, from post #17:
A remedy would be the ability of citizens to sue the federal government to protect their legitimate interests, for damages. While currently unconstitutional, the Congress can waive sovereign immunity,

Turns out, I have more than a passing interest in the IRS scandal, in which Tea Party, pro-life groups, and even those merely interested in studying the Constitution were targeted by the Obama IRS....

A short time ago, I enrolled my children in a debate club at Columbia University. It was not hosted by Columbia, but at Columbia. The author of the book used for source material is Shane Krauser, Director of the American Academy for Constitutional Education. He was a speaker at the event.

His organization has as its mission statement: "The American Academy for Constitutional Education is committed to educating people about the uniqueness and power contained in the United States Constitution."
http://aafce.com/about-us

You might be interested in his experience with the IRS:

1. "The Academy filed for tax-exempt status in November 2011. Ten months later, in September 2012, the IRS sent us a letter of inquiry. They wanted comprehensive information about my work with Glenn Beck at the Restoring Love event held in Texas in July 2012, and they wanted to know more about the “Constitution Cruises” we anticipated putting on with the Carnival Cruise Line.

2. The Academy also has a website, which outlines courses about constitutional restoration. The IRS requested samples of course material, information about the fees we charge seminar attendees and explanations for those fees. They also asked for the full content of any courses I put together as the Academy’s director.

3. The IRS requested a fee schedule for all of my speaking engagements, copies of all speaking agreements I signed and an explanation for how my book, “Your Nation to Save,” which is advertised on the website, contributes to the overall mission of the Academy.

4. .... we cooperated. By October 2012, we had responded to all of the IRS’s requests. We reached out to the IRS numerous times since then, with no response — until a few days ago, after the IRS scandal broke, when the agency let us know that a decision on our tax status would be made shortly.

5. .... organizations whose missions revolve around patriotism, the U.S. Constitution and promoting an educational defense of a free society shouldn’t be discriminated against by the government.
My 'patriotic' organization's experience with the IRS | The Daily Caller

And, related to the above:

6. "Of all the discouraging news in the scandal involving President Obama’s Internal Revenue Service, the most illuminating is that one of the things that triggered additional scrutiny from the IRS for groups applying for tax-exempt status was any plan for “educating on the constitution and bill of rights.”

7. .... IRS officials, and their bosses, right up to and including the president, were genuinely afraid of what Americans might find out if they did actually have a careful look at the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The most potentially devastating development would be if people read the First Amendment. That says “Congress shall make no law…abridging the freedom of speech…or the right of people peaceably to assemble, and the petition the government for the redress of grievances.”

8. It’s pretty plain: “Congress shall make no law...” The First Amendment doesn’t say “Congress shall make no law so long as you apply to the IRS and register under section 501(c)4 of the Internal Revenue Code, but if your ‘major purpose’ under the Federal Election Commission’s regulation is politics, you have to register with the FEC and disclose your donors, and if you are a lobbyist, you have to register and disclose your clients.”

9. The rest of the document is pretty clear, too. The powers of the Congress and of the President are enumerated. Nowhere among those enumerated powers is the power to demand that individuals disclose their donors, their plans to run for elective office, or their social media posts as a condition of exercising their rights to speech, assembly or petition. On the contrary, the Ninth Amendment makes clear that “the enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

10. .... if people read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, they might realize that the entire elaborate regulatory apparatus that politicians and bureaucrats have erected to limit these rights of speech, assembly, and petition rests on constitutional ice that is thin-to-nonexistent." IRS Was Afraid of the Constitution, the Obama Scandal Suggests - The New York Sun

"... apparatus that politicians and bureaucrats have erected to limit these rights of speech,..."

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.

– Pastor Martin Niemöller

They've come for the educators

Welcome to Obama nation.......

original

I can present it to you....

....I just can't comprehend it for you.

This is not a free speech exercise. This is a special tax exemption exercise. It's a request to not have to pay taxes on something you would otherwise have to pay taxes on,

based on some specific condition.

"The Academy filed for tax-exempt status in November 2011. Ten months later, in September 2012, the IRS sent us a letter of inquiry. They wanted comprehensive information about my work with Glenn Beck at the Restoring Love event held in Texas in July 2012, and they wanted to know more about the “Constitution Cruises” we anticipated putting on with the Carnival Cruise Line.

No wonder they were investigated! Glenn Beck is a loyal American the same way North Korea is a Democratic Republic.

Someone posted this in another thread....

"Convoy of hope: Glenn Beck arrives in Okla. with two truckloads of food, water and diapers."
Convoy of hope: Glenn Beck arrives in Okla. with two truckloads of food, water and diapers | Twitchy

How stoooooopid does that make you look, boooyyyyyyeeeee?

Turns out, I have more than a passing interest in the IRS scandal, in which Tea Party, pro-life groups, and even those merely interested in studying the Constitution were targeted by the Obama IRS....

A short time ago, I enrolled my children in a debate club at Columbia University. It was not hosted by Columbia, but at Columbia. The author of the book used for source material is Shane Krauser, Director of the American Academy for Constitutional Education. He was a speaker at the event.

His organization has as its mission statement: "The American Academy for Constitutional Education is committed to educating people about the uniqueness and power contained in the United States Constitution."
http://aafce.com/about-us

You might be interested in his experience with the IRS:

1. "The Academy filed for tax-exempt status in November 2011. Ten months later, in September 2012, the IRS sent us a letter of inquiry. They wanted comprehensive information about my work with Glenn Beck at the Restoring Love event held in Texas in July 2012, and they wanted to know more about the “Constitution Cruises” we anticipated putting on with the Carnival Cruise Line.

2. The Academy also has a website, which outlines courses about constitutional restoration. The IRS requested samples of course material, information about the fees we charge seminar attendees and explanations for those fees. They also asked for the full content of any courses I put together as the Academy’s director.

3. The IRS requested a fee schedule for all of my speaking engagements, copies of all speaking agreements I signed and an explanation for how my book, “Your Nation to Save,” which is advertised on the website, contributes to the overall mission of the Academy.

4. .... we cooperated. By October 2012, we had responded to all of the IRS’s requests. We reached out to the IRS numerous times since then, with no response — until a few days ago, after the IRS scandal broke, when the agency let us know that a decision on our tax status would be made shortly.

5. .... organizations whose missions revolve around patriotism, the U.S. Constitution and promoting an educational defense of a free society shouldn’t be discriminated against by the government.
My 'patriotic' organization's experience with the IRS | The Daily Caller

And, related to the above:

6. "Of all the discouraging news in the scandal involving President Obama’s Internal Revenue Service, the most illuminating is that one of the things that triggered additional scrutiny from the IRS for groups applying for tax-exempt status was any plan for “educating on the constitution and bill of rights.”

7. .... IRS officials, and their bosses, right up to and including the president, were genuinely afraid of what Americans might find out if they did actually have a careful look at the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The most potentially devastating development would be if people read the First Amendment. That says “Congress shall make no law…abridging the freedom of speech…or the right of people peaceably to assemble, and the petition the government for the redress of grievances.”

10. .... if people read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, they might realize that the entire elaborate regulatory apparatus that politicians and bureaucrats have erected to limit these rights of speech, assembly, and petition rests on constitutional ice that is thin-to-nonexistent." IRS Was Afraid of the Constitution, the Obama Scandal Suggests - The New York Sun

"... apparatus that politicians and bureaucrats have erected to limit these rights of speech,..."

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.

– Pastor Martin Niemöller

They've come for the educators

Welcome to Obama nation.......

original

I rather look at it this way.....

Matthew 5:14-16

“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

The above advice is useless in your case, as there is hardly any light in your posts...

Isn't it amazing how the SPLC find it scary that Conservatives stand up for their rights, yet don't have any problem with the antics of Left wing?

Isn't it amazing how the SPLC find it scary that Conservatives stand up for their rights, yet don't have any problem with the antics of Left wing?

They do seem to have the upper hand.....

...I wonder if there is any truth to the rumor that Obama is preparing an executive order

requiring all conservatives to wear a big red letter "C"?

Forum List

Back