🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Fulfillment of Prophecy?

I don't know if it was obvious, but I think most of us who were following the campaign closely knew it was at least a possibility. Principle, fiscal responsibility, honor, respect, competence, values, integrity, etc. too often pale against the allure of free stuff and faith in flat out lies. I think most of us did have hope that the American people would regain their sanity, but after the early returns started coming in, I knew.

I don't think Romney was that bad a candidate--we would certainly be far better off already if he had been elected--but you are right that he just didn't make hearts go pitter pat like a Ronald Reagan did.

But let's get back to the prophetic concepts that seem to have come true day by day since Obama was first inaugerated.

AvgJoe objects to some of Thomas Sowell's observations. Let's look at one of those.

Does anybody here believe we got the Barack Obama that campaigned for the job in 2008? Or did we get something very different than that candidate?

Oh, don't get me wrong - I agree with you completely on Romney and our lost possibilities.

What I was just pointing out is the predicting obama win in an atmosphere of 2012 was not even close to being prophetic, just analysis.
After that fat bitch Crowley so shamelessly lied to cover her idol - it was obvious, they will drag him to the victory.

the win was mostly secured by LSM and their lies.

the lesson #1 from that campaign - forget fair.
If you spread the most blatant LIE on your opponent FIRST - that is what will get you the win.
The story about the guy duping dimocrap voters to vote for him - a TP conservative - is the best proof of the tactic.

Everything else will fail.

Perhaps. Unless sensible people can refocus on principles and values and start dealing with real substance as Sowell did in those essays, we will continue to too often vote the worst person into office. In my opinion the ONLY reason that Obama won in 2008 was because he was not opposed in getting his message out, however disingenuous it actually was. There simply were not enough Thomas Sowells digging for the truth out there.

That is EXACTLY the truth.
The fourth estate became the slave of their idol and it won't change anytime soon.
So if we want to win, we have to quickly adapt to the rules they set up - they are sore whiny losers and can win only on blatant lies knowing that the other side is too decent to resort to the same tactic.
well, it is time to resort to it and ace it.

BS- AND Obama was 95 per cent right about your plan, and 100 per cent about your doctor...AND your ''prophecy'' spin is silly hater dupe conspiracy bs lol...

And yet here CClaytonJones and Mammooth are wading right on in pretty much right on schedule. If the discussion is not interesting to you, could I suggest another forum?

If you don't like the subject matter, why don't you just unsubscribe?

If you are offended by the topic, please register a complaint with the Administration.

Otherwise, would you be please afford us the courtesy--you leftists are supposed to be the cultured, smart, intelligent, refined, respectful ones remember?--to continue a discusson on a topic that is interesting to some?

Thank you so much.
No they are not those things. Those are made up labels in order for you to play the victim. Because otherwise you have nothing.

In all honesty, this thread is not intended to bash Obama, but is intended to be a heads up and encouragement to think about what those in government intend as opposed to what they say.

President Obama is watching his signature legislation crumble before his eyes. And he is a man of sufficient ego, he won't go down without a fight. So if you're paying attention, he is already trying to divert attention away from Obamacare and toward other initiatives that he hopes will save his legacy. Two issues at the top of his list are Immigration Reform and Environmental Controls.

How much more of our libertiy are the people willing to put on the line to save his legacy?

This ego is a rightwing meme and nothing more.

Apparently people are willing to put a lot on the line..obamacare evil...nsa wiretapping..meh I rather drink my coffee..that basically sums up this whole situation. So in closing fuck your bible, fuck your moronic theory, but enjoy the patting on the back by like minded people.
You do know, don't you, that much of Western civilization is based on the Bible?

Lol no....common themes does not make it so...framers where against the very idea.

Schwarzenegger

And now put those same quotations back into their full context and tell me that there is anything vague about them.

Innocent until proven guilty, Kiddo.

It's up to you to put up the specific predictions that came true.

What predictions?

That a person expresses an opinion about somebody that proves to be prophetic is not the same thing as a prediction.

Even the prophets of the Bible didn't make predictions. They made statements.

Now if you disagree with Sowell's opinion on these things, make your best case for why you disagree with them. Meanwhile some of the rest of us will continue to discuss why those essays were prophetic.

:disbelief:

:eusa_hand: Unsubscribe.

Apparently people are willing to put a lot on the line..obamacare evil...nsa wiretapping..meh I rather drink my coffee..that basically sums up this whole situation. So in closing fuck your bible, fuck your moronic theory, but enjoy the patting on the back by like minded people.
You do know, don't you, that much of Western civilization is based on the Bible?

And even if it wasn't, the analogy still works. The leftists are soooooo predictable.

They don't like the topic
They don't like the source
They are incapable of focusing on a concept

So we have the usual predictable characters show up to attack me, to attack Sowell, to attack Republicans, to attack Bush, to attack conservatives using all manner of ad hominem, straw men, red herrings, and personal insults to do it to make sure that no discussion will take place on the topic.

And the inescapable truth remains. Every single one of those essays that Sowell wrote back in 2008 has proved to hold water as straight on truth. And not a one of the leftists has made the slightest attempt to disprove that.

Yawn..you need a cross to lay on or something?
You whine about things the right does as well. You want evidence? I can link you too thousands of posts on here showing conservatives being fucking assholes. Deflecting, insulting, red herrings, etc. .your pathetic attempt to cry victim will only fall of deaf ears or like minded people who would play the same card as you.

This is why you are an amateur.anyone with half a clue would have you pegged and know how to handle you.

Innocent until proven guilty, Kiddo.

It's up to you to put up the specific predictions that came true.

What predictions?

That a person expresses an opinion about somebody that proves to be prophetic is not the same thing as a prediction.[/COLOR]

Even the prophets of the Bible didn't make predictions. They made statements.

Now if you disagree with Sowell's opinion on these things, make your best case for why you disagree with them. Meanwhile some of the rest of us will continue to discuss why those essays were prophetic.

:disbelief:

:eusa_hand: Unsubscribe.

Then they are not prophets, they are worthless blowhards

The prophesy that in the end, Israel would stand alone is the most disturbing.

I first heard this when I was a teen. It was suggested that one of two things would have to happen. The US would abandon Israel or the US would no longer exist. At the time both possibilities were considered ridiculous.

Not so much any more.

The LSM is so Dem no one knew what ACA even was...
Now when it was passed, we didn't. Obama broke his promise about legislation being public for a few days before he signed it.

BS- The Senate bill was there to read for 2 months....IRRELEVANT REALLY- no media HAS EVER EXPLAINED IT OUT OF FEAR OF LOUDMOUTH Pubs. NBC tried and were told they were bought off Marxists lol...

The big story now is Pub states and insurers screwing costs up and no one will touch it...Liberal media my butt. ALL half the country knows is commies are wrecking their doctors and tripling costs lol...

What has the bible or lying Pubs EVER prophecied...

I first heard this when I was a teen. It was suggested that one of two things would have to happen. The US would abandon Israel or the US would no longer exist. At the time both possibilities were considered ridiculous.

Not so much any more.

So, I have been hearing "prophesies" now for 70 years. And virtually all of them were and are bunkem to get suckers like you to part with your money. Works too.

Not so much any more.

So, I have been hearing "prophesies" now for 70 years. And virtually all of them were and are bunkem to get suckers like you to part with your money. Works too.

Well this thread is not intended to be about that. I am looking at some pretty intriguing essays written by a historian iand economist and educator in 2008, and looking at how prophetic those essays have turned out to be.

The only one who seems really intterested in parting us from our money is the subject of those essays, not the writer of them.

Not so much any more.

Huh. How about that. Kinda like these failed prophesies designed to get suckers to part with their money.

Yes, I encourage all to search the scriptures for how Our Lord would want us to live our lives.

No, the ACA is not crumbling before anyone's eyes: to suggest such is hyperbolic demagoguery.

I admire you in so many ways, but I am very careful when you start talking religion and American narrative, Foxfyre.

So you will not rail on about derailing your thread, I will leave it at this.

Think, folks.

Exactly.

As for ‘prophecy’ and ‘scriptures,’ theists are at liberty of course to believe whatever they wish, provided they don’t attempt to codify those beliefs.

And those free from faith are also at liberty to reject the ridiculous notion of ‘prophecy,’ that it has any ‘bearing’ on current events, and continue to correctly and appropriately ignore the partisan nonsense expressed by Thomas Sowell and his ilk.
Oh?

What prevents them from codifying their beliefs? What law prevents YOU from codifying YOUR beliefs?

Every good prophet knows to write about subjects well studied and keep the predictions vague.

. . . . Senator Obama is running on an image that is directly the opposite of what he has been doing for two decades. His escapes from his past have been as remarkable as the great escapes of Houdini. , ,

It gives us an insight into the huge gulf between Senator Obama's election year image and what he has actually been for and against over the preceding decades. It also shows the huge gulf between his values and those of most other Americans.

The old phrase, "a man of high ideals but no principles," is one that applies all too painfully to Barack Obama today. His words expressing lofty ideals may appeal to the gullible but his long history of having no principles makes him a danger of the first magnitude in the White House.

Vague predictions and political bitching does not a prophet make.

*yawn*​

Show me a republican who predicted a second Obama term and I'll show you a true American prophet.

Well, I guess I'm a prophet. I never expected Romney to win. Too clean cut for the gang bangers and hippies who have taken over.

This thread and its conservative subscribers is an excellent example of why the Framers mandated that church and state remain separate.

They didn't like intellectual discussion? Who knew? I don't see anyone trying to force their religion on anyone in this thread. It is a discussion of a particular principal that isn't even present in every religion and that some fairly non religious people engaged in. I don't recall any prophecy in Hinduism, or Buddhism. Nostradamus made many prophecies as did Edgar Cayce, and I don't hear you grousing about them.

You need to hit the books. One thing a lawyer has to be able to do is identify the issue. You miss the issue on almost every thread you attempt to derail.

There isn't one damned thing wrong with asking if prophecy occurs.

Last edited:

And even if it wasn't, the analogy still works. The leftists are soooooo predictable.

They don't like the topic
They don't like the source
They are incapable of focusing on a concept

So we have the usual predictable characters show up to attack me, to attack Sowell, to attack Republicans, to attack Bush, to attack conservatives using all manner of ad hominem, straw men, red herrings, and personal insults to do it to make sure that no discussion will take place on the topic.

And the inescapable truth remains. Every single one of those essays that Sowell wrote back in 2008 has proved to hold water as straight on truth. And not a one of the leftists has made the slightest attempt to disprove that.

One can’t be expected to ‘focus’ on a concept that’s inherently idiotic.

For example, there’s an anti-Islam rightist currently arguing in his thread that the Supremacy Clause means that no religion can declare its dogma to be ‘supreme’ and if it does that religion can be ‘banned.’

This notion is so fundamentally and comprehensively wrong and ridiculous that it defies debate, any debate is impossible because the position is so bizarre, and indeed is not worthy of debate.

The same is true with regard to the notion that subjective religious prophecy has any bearing on current political events; it’s merely the grist of a tedious partisan hack. This notion is also so fundamentally and comprehensively wrong and ridiculous that it defies debate, any debate is impossible because the position is so bizarre, and indeed is not worthy of debate.

Forum List

Back