A Georgia girl has died after her 4-year-old brother accidentally shot her

What gun law would prevent a parent from being stupid?

Parents kill their kids intentionally and unintentionally via negligence all the time and their kids die with far more frequency by other means than by guns being unattended

Oh, so that makes it okay.

We should give that kid the "NRA Junior Achievement Award".
Just putting the facts into perspective but we all know you don't care about facts

The wider picture is that you cant take your kids to baseball practice without carrying a gun. Imprisoned by the thing that supposedly makes you free.

:clap2:

That's so eloquent, I'm gonna steal it.

I've always seen gun fetishists as infants with a pacifier, after the way they melt down if they think it's going to be taken away. It says much psychologically.

The wider picture is that you cant take your kids to baseball practice without carrying a gun. Imprisoned by the thing that supposedly makes you free.

No one is imprisoned by a gun.

And a gun doesn't make you free it actually places a very weighty responsibility on your shoulders

And here's a guy who takes issue with it in his first sentence, then proceeds to prove its wisdom in his second.

shoot-foot.gif

That must have been a rough baseball game that they were going to if she needed to take a gun.
Always keep guns locked up.
Don't leave a gun in you car.
People should not carry guns on a daily basis because it's very dangerous and a yooog responsibility.

A rough baseball game? No, more like a collection of people usually unarmed sitting in a densely populated little area, a prime target for a mass shooting. I wouldn't go anywhere like that UNLESS I was armed. I know you prefer unarmed victims, but we don't.

And when someone busts into your house and is running down your hall what good will that locked up gun do?

No gun in the car? Carjackers love easy victims.

Shouldn't carry guns on a daily basis because it's dangerous? Tell the cops that.
Yeah except there is absolutely nothing to support this weird fantasy of yours.

There have been no hillbilly holdups or circular firing squads in rural America ballpark parking lots... where everybody has a gun probably within 50 feet 24/7. It seems the idiots who are packing to these ball games are primarily gang members.

And their hos.

There was never 9/11....before their was. There was never Chuchchrist....until their was. The Las Vegas shooting never happened until it did.

How many people have to die before you're willing to say someone can protect kids at a game? So there has to be a shooting first? Ever heard of an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? I've never been in an accident and I've been driving 25 years, 2 as a commercial driver with almost a quarter million miles under my belt. Why do I have to wear a seatbelt? I've never needed one. You have no problems with gov't forcing me to wear a seatbelt but have serious issues with someone wanting to exercise their 2nd amendment right.

And we all know your type. After a mass shooting you don't say "arm the good guys" you say "disarm the good guys" so it's really a moot point to argue with you.

Last edited:
You sure don't know much about firearms!

2A has forgotten more about guns then you will ever know.
this stuff happens with humans --training or not
guns are the MOST efficient hand held tools DESIGNED for killing
....human error is the biggest reason for air crashes--not faulty planes--because humans are not perfect
.....humans are stupid-imperfect--HIGHLY erratic----they come up with the most stupid shit--give them a '''tool''' DESIGNED to kill EASILY and it is UNDENIABLE/obvious that they will kill----purposely and not on purpose
...remember the girl who accidentally killed the gun range operator??...she was not even trying to kill him
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...instructors-family-files-wrongful-death-suit/

There last 2 plane crashes were caused by faulty plane equipment. The planes have been grounded. Guns save a lot more lives then they take. Guns don’t kill people. People who get the guns illegally do. Also at least 70% of all mass shootings could have been stopped but people not speaking up and federal agencies not following up on there leads. Libtards have no understanding of guns and how to handle them. Stop protecting the crazy people and allow mental health checks and stick the HIPPA laws up your ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
again--you people put up ridiculous arguments
the majority of plane crashes are human error --plain and simple
I've already put up the stats from a reputable link

Yes, and the vast majority of gun deaths are SUICIDE.
thank you --
and the majority of murders are caused by guns

Indeed they are, weilded by already known criminals.

It is a well known fact that 80% of violent crime is committed by 8% of the criminal population.

Why are they allowed to roam free?

Lock them up forever and the vast majority of murders cease

Dichotomy Disease dick-tates that there are two fixed "types" of people: "good" and "bad". This apparently feeds the whole "good guy with a gun/bad guy with a gun" mythology.

That's so infantile.
"The world is divided into two types of people --- those who divide people into two types, and those who do not".

I tell ya what, my life was saved by a man who was a felon and a fugitive from the law who would have gone straight to prison if we had been stopped while he was getting me to the hospital, and he put himself at risk for me.

Sorry Squiggles, people and their actions are complex and separate things. You'd have to climb down from your fortress of solitude to figure that out.

....this is an example of your pro- I need 20 guns arguments = guns are like POOLS
that's it ......this compares to all of your arguments

The number of guns a person owns is immaterial. They can only use one at a time.

I own over 100 firearms. Not one has ever harmed anyone.

Wanna buy a bridge? You can not-use it too.

...I have a WW2 pistol and no ammo...I keep the mag separate and I still keep it locked up
..I never point it at anyone....
I will never fire it as it is WW2 memorabilia and I want to keep it in good shape

So, it's an antique paperweight?

The little girl died because the parents were not responsible. You never leave a loaded gun where children can get a hold of it. Never.

There are many dangerous things you need to keep children from having access to. A firearm is one of them.

My wife and I are going this afternoon to babysit our five year old granddaughter.

My son lives in a safe neighborhood but to get to his home we need to go through a less than desirable minority area. You know, the ones that vote for Democrats. Because of that I will carry a firearm with me.

However, as soon as I get to the house I will unload and clear the firearm because of the child being there. I never have a loaded firearm around children.

Unfortunately you won't unload that paranoid political hackery shit from your head when you get there though.

That's what the function of both is whether they get used or not.

My toaster is sitting in the kitchen idle right now. Not making toast. Until it does.
The gun in the OP story was sitting idle in the car, not killing anyone. Until it did.

In both cases the instrument does what it's designed to do.

Nobody buys a toaster thinking "gee, I hope I am never forced to use this to make toast but it's better safe than sorry"

Irrelevant. Toasters toast, guns shoot. It's what they do.

Supposedly, there's more guns in America than people. So if each of them were used for their "intended purpose"...well, you get the idea.

Anyway...nobody yet has suggested a policy that would have prevented that girl's death. So, let's hear some ideas.

Funny you should bring that up, because it was THE hot issue when I joined this site, just after Jovan Belcher's murder-suicide and just before Adam Lanza's 26-victim spree.

Gun violence is a social disease, not a political one. As such "policies" are at best ineffectual. We don't address social ills by throwing laws at them.

We live in a culture of death and violence that glorifies and fetishizes guns. That needs to change and until it does, nothing in the big picture changes. You can see it in the gun-fetish apologists who infest this board, some of whom will jump on this post faster than you can say white on rice, just as the same element jumped on Bob Costas' MNF commentary as a "gun control rant" even though he never once mentioned anything about gun control at all.

This produces a paranoid public some of whom actually believe these yahoos who tell them the answer to guns is more guns, and then you end up with a mother going to a baseball game with a baseball cap, two toddlers and a freaking loaded gun, and then we're supposed to act surprised when the inevitable happens.

It's a sick society. The infatuation with guns and killing and destroying things has to end, and it has to come from within. The values are depraved and they need to be jettisoned.

We don't have a culture of death....we have a left wing political party that pushes policies that destroy the nuclear family.....with out of wedlock birthrates going through the roof, filling our jails with fatherless boys, who are violent monsters because they had no fathers....that is what we need to fix.

Meanwhile, millions of Americans who own guns use them responsibly without breaking the law.

Oh poster please. 95% of everything you post is some apology for, and fluffing of, death machines. You of all creatures are the foremost example. Most people don't spend their entire waking moments fantasizing about death machines. You, it's all you ever talk about.

There are more firearms in the US than people.
There are as many people who die from choking on a piece of dog shit as are killed by accidental shootings.

Speak for yourself there Rover. There are twice as many people (as in this case) accidentally shot by a toddler as killed by terrorists. Dog shit choking, well we don't have figures for that.

We posted that before but to flesh out the context:

>> The article is titled, “People are getting shot by toddlers on a weekly basis this year.” It uncovers these disturbing statistics:

“In 2015 so far [article from October], 13 toddlers have inadvertently killed themselves with firearms. 18 more injured themselves, 10 injured other people, and 2 killed other people.”

And these statistics are only the ones where toddlers are holding the gun. The statistics are far more disturbing when we account for all gun deaths of children.”More preschoolers are shot dead each year than police officers are in the line of duty,” claimed Nicholas Kristoff in a New York Times Op-Ed that some people were champing at the bit to refute. They couldn’t. Politifactfound, “For the age range Kristof used, firearm deaths of preschoolers exceeded those of law enforcement officers in every year back to 2008.” It’s a fact. More preschoolers are shot dead each year than police officers are in the line of duty.

Everytownreasearch.org compiled the stats and found that between December 2012 and December 2013, at least 100 children were killed in unintentional shootings — almost two each week, 61% higher than federal data reflect. “We know how many times children die each year as a result of gun deaths,” Jon S. Vernick, co-director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research, told The Washington Post in 2014. “We don’t know how many times children pull the trigger and someone dies.” << -- link
So ..... if you could, y'know, go ahead and show your link to more than 43 people choking on dog shit by October of 2015, that'd be great.

Nobody buys a toaster thinking "gee, I hope I am never forced to use this to make toast but it's better safe than sorry"

Supposedly, there's more guns in America than people. So if each of them were used for their "intended purpose"...well, you get the idea.

Anyway...nobody yet has suggested a policy that would have prevented that girl's death. So, let's hear some ideas.

Funny you should bring that up, because it was THE hot issue when I joined this site, just after Jovan Belcher's murder-suicide and just before Adam Lanza's 26-victim spree.

Gun violence is a social disease, not a political one. As such "policies" are at best ineffectual. We don't address social ills by throwing laws at them.

We live in a culture of death and violence that glorifies and fetishizes guns. That needs to change and until it does, nothing in the big picture changes. You can see it in the gun-fetish apologists who infest this board, some of whom will jump on this post faster than you can say white on rice, just as the same element jumped on Bob Costas' MNF commentary as a "gun control rant" even though he never once mentioned anything about gun control at all.

This produces a paranoid public some of whom actually believe these yahoos who tell them the answer to guns is more guns, and then you end up with a mother going to a baseball game with a baseball cap, two toddlers and a freaking loaded gun, and then we're supposed to act surprised when the inevitable happens.

It's a sick society. The infatuation with guns and killing and destroying things has to end, and it has to come from within. The values are depraved and they need to be jettisoned.

We don't have a culture of death....we have a left wing political party that pushes policies that destroy the nuclear family.....with out of wedlock birthrates going through the roof, filling our jails with fatherless boys, who are violent monsters because they had no fathers....that is what we need to fix.

Meanwhile, millions of Americans who own guns use them responsibly without breaking the law.

Oh poster please. 95% of everything you post is some apology for, and fluffing of, death machines. You of all creatures are the foremost example. Most people don't spend their entire waking moments fantasizing about death machines. You, it's all you ever talk about.

Death machines? Hmmm.....these kill 40,000 people a year.

pexels-photo-116675.jpeg

This kills 2.8 million people a year:

NattieRedWine18ozSHF15

These kill 7 MILLION PEOPLE A YEAR:

150513-smoking-cigarette-jpo-508p_d58f1abb2c671a81b2ebca7a28816dc3.fit-2000w.jpg

These kill 15000 a year and over half are gang or suicides:

gun-ammunition-on-wooden-background-450w-644244382.jpg

But its the one at the bottom that's the "killing machine."

Ok gotcha.

pexels-photo-116675.jpeg

NattieRedWine18ozSHF15

150513-smoking-cigarette-jpo-508p_d58f1abb2c671a81b2ebca7a28816dc3.fit-2000w.jpg

Ok gotcha.

Exactly. Because (a) the poster I quoted doesn't post about cars. He doesn't post about wine. He doesn't post about cigarettes. All he posts about is death machines, specifically the gun type.

And (b) your first example is designed to get people from point A to B, your second is designed for entertainment, your third is designed to make obscene profits for megacorporations, and is when used as designed a death machine, and your fourth is designed for straight-up killin'.

Whelp -- if the trip in the OP story had gone without the tragic event it would have simply taken a family to an outing; if later the parents wished they could unwind with a glass of Chablis; if one of them smoked they could take their chances for the purpose of "looking cool" and all of those would have performed their functions. But that didn't happen because the fourth one also performed ITS function.

It's especially appropriate that you mention tobacco. Here's a death trap that used to be pervasive. Smoking had become, via the persuasion power of advertising, a thing to do upon reaching adulthood and even before. It was sold as "cool". People actually smoked in restaurants and on freaking planes. Actors in movies smoked. Doctors smoked. It was not only socially acceptable but even desirable.

That has changed. It's no longer "cool". No actor smokes unless they're a real villain. No doctor smokes unless they've taken the hypocritic oath. Nobody EVER smokes on a plane and the restaurant that allows it anywhere is a dying breed if it exists at all.

That didn't happen by throwing laws at it.. It happened by changing the social values of what smoking means. We made it "uncool", pulling the rug out from under its social desirability. It's no longer a mark of high status, but a crutch.

THAT's how we need to address Gun Culture.

4. living in a house with a gun increase chances of death
Living in a house with a gun increases your odds of death

Wrong....living in a house with a drug dealer, alcoholic or criminal and a gun increases your chance of death, not owning a gun for self defense....

Public Health and Gun Control: A Review

In 1993, in his landmark and much cited NEJM article (and the research, again, heavily funded by the CDC), Dr. Kellermann attempted to show again that guns in the home are a greater risk to the victims than to the assailants.4

Despite valid criticisms by reputable scholars of his previous works (including the 1986 study), Dr. Kellermann ignored the criticisms and again used the same methodology.

He also used study populations with disproportionately high rates of serious psychosocial dysfunction from three selected state counties, known to be unrepresentative of the general U.S. population.

For example,

53 percent of the case subjects had a history of a household member being arrested,

31 percent had a household history of illicit drug use,

32 percent had a household member hit or hurt in a family fight,

and 17 percent had a family member hurt so seriously in a domestic altercation that prompt medical attention was required.

Moreover, both the case studies and control groups in this analysis had a very high incidence of financial instability.

In fact, in this study, gun ownership, the supposedly high risk factor for homicide was not one of the most strongly associated factors for being murdered.

Drinking, illicit drugs, living alone, history of family violence, living in a rented home were all greater individual risk factors for being murdered than a gun in the home.

One must conclude there is no basis to apply the conclusions of this study to the general population.

All of these are factors that, as Dr. Suter pointed out, "would expectedly be associated with higher rates of violence and homicide."5

It goes without saying, the results of such a study on gun homicides, selecting this sort of unrepresentative population sample, nullify the authors' generalizations, and their preordained, conclusions can not be extrapolated to the general population.

Moreover, although the 1993 New England Journal of Medicine study purported to show that the homicide victims were killed with a gun ordinarily kept in the home, the fact is that as Kates and associates point out 71.1 percent of the victims were killed by assailants who did not live in the victims¹ household using guns presumably not kept in that home.6

While Kellermann and associates began with 444 cases of homicides in the home, cases were dropped from the study for a variety of reasons, and in the end, only 316 matched pairs were used in the final analysis, representing only 71.2 percent of the original 444 homicide cases.

This reduction increased tremendously the chance for sampling bias. Analysis of why 28.8 percent of the cases were dropped would have helped ascertain if the study was compromised by the existence of such biases, but Dr. Kellermann, in an unprecedented move, refused to release his data and make it available for other researchers to analyze.

Likewise, Prof. Gary Kleck of Florida State University has written me that knowledge about what guns were kept in the home is essential, but this data in his study was never released by Dr. Kellermann: "The most likely bit of data that he would want to withhold is information as to whether the gun used in the gun homicides was kept in the home of the victim."*

As Kates and associates point out, "The validity of the NEJM 1993 study¹s conclusions depend on the control group matching the homicide cases in every way (except, of course, for the occurrence of the homicide)."6

However, in this study, the controls collected did not match the cases in many ways (i.e., for example, in the amount of substance abuse, single parent versus two parent homes, etc.) contributing to further untoward effects, and decreasing the inference that can legitimately be drawn from the data of this study. Be that as it may, "The conclusion that gun ownership is a risk factor for homicide derives from the finding of a gun in 45.4 percent of the homicide case households, but in only 35.8 percent of the control household. Whether that finding is accurate, however, depends on the truthfulness of control group interviewees in admitting the presence of a gun or guns in the home."6

=======

https://crimeresearch.org/wp-conten...ack-of-Public-Health-Research-on-Firearms.pdf

The vast majority of these “children” are actually young adults. These are not little kids who accidentally hurt themselves by firing their parents’ gun. Consider these facts: • 76% of these injured “children” were 17, 18, or 19 years old. • 62% of injuries were the result of criminal assaults. • The injuries are overwhelmingly concentrated in large, urban areas
You sure don't know much about firearms!

2A has forgotten more about guns then you will ever know.
Sucks.....no education, no training.....this is what happens. Tragedy the need'nt have happened.
this stuff happens with humans --training or not
guns are the MOST efficient hand held tools DESIGNED for killing
....human error is the biggest reason for air crashes--not faulty planes--because humans are not perfect
.....humans are stupid-imperfect--HIGHLY erratic----they come up with the most stupid shit--give them a '''tool''' DESIGNED to kill EASILY and it is UNDENIABLE/obvious that they will kill----purposely and not on purpose
...remember the girl who accidentally killed the gun range operator??...she was not even trying to kill him
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...instructors-family-files-wrongful-death-suit/

There last 2 plane crashes were caused by faulty plane equipment. The planes have been grounded. Guns save a lot more lives then they take. Guns don’t kill people. People who get the guns illegally do. Also at least 70% of all mass shootings could have been stopped but people not speaking up and federal agencies not following up on there leads. Libtards have no understanding of guns and how to handle them. Stop protecting the crazy people and allow mental health checks and stick the HIPPA laws up your ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
again--you people put up ridiculous arguments
the majority of plane crashes are human error --plain and simple
I've already put up the stats from a reputable link

Yes, and the vast majority of gun deaths are SUICIDE.
Just as dead

10,000 murders each year. Showing guns keep us safe

10,000 murders each year.

Out of how many firearms in civilian hands?

That must have been a rough baseball game that they were going to if she needed to take a gun.
Always keep guns locked up.
Don't leave a gun in you car.
People should not carry guns on a daily basis because it's very dangerous and a yooog responsibility.

There's an underlying discussion about this that needs to be had, rather than the usual vitriol that generally emerges in dialogue from these incidents.

The problem is that it's more fundamental rather than underlying, it's only underlying as a consequence of a growing lack of understanding of the responsibility that comes with exercising freedom.

Two words that should never be spoken or written absent one another comes in the form of a very fundamental phrase. Liberty-Responisibility. It's a deep discussion, though. One that demands humility.

Threads like this makes a person wanna cry. It's avoidable.

You don't restrict liberty because people make mistakes, bottom line.

I am very pro 2nd Amendment.
But, keep your guns locked-up for everyone's safety.
About 99% of burglars will flee if they realize that a person is in the house.
About 99.99% of burglars will flee if you tell them that you are armed.
You aren't pro 2nd amendment if you think there should be laws to force people to lock up their weapons.

So stop lying.

I don't care what 99 percent of burglars who invade my home will do when faced with a weapon. 100 percent of them are fucking dead. That boy who plugged the home invader in the head while his sisters hid in the closet? That's how you deal with punks who break into your home. Don't fuck around, kill them. I think he showed remarkable restraint that he didn't execute the other two as well. Good for him, he showed mercy where none was due.

Last edited:
The little girl died because the parents were not responsible. You never leave a loaded gun where children can get a hold of it. Never.

There are many dangerous things you need to keep children from having access to. A firearm is one of them.

My wife and I are going this afternoon to babysit our five year old granddaughter.

My son lives in a safe neighborhood but to get to his home we need to go through a less than desirable minority area. You know, the ones that vote for Democrats. Because of that I will carry a firearm with me.

However, as soon as I get to the house I will unload and clear the firearm because of the child being there. I never have a loaded firearm around children.

Unfortunately you won't unload that paranoid political hackery shit from your head when you get there though.

You are confused Moon Bat.

You stupid Moon Bats hate the idea of personal accountability, don't you? That is just the kind of stupid assholes you are.

The gun didn't kill the child.

The brother didn't kill the child.

No filthy gun law or lack of gun laws killed the child.

Parental irresponsibility killed the child. You don't leave a loaded gun where children can get it. The parents owned a gun but didn't follow the most basic gun safety law and now a child is dead. You can't fix stupidity like that.

The mother should have joined the NRA and took one of the gun safety courses. The NRA is the largest gun safety organization in the world.

pexels-photo-116675.jpeg

NattieRedWine18ozSHF15

Ok gotcha.
joeb likes the idea of a population that is defenseless and ripe for the picking. He shared years ago that he has been fired for stealing, himself. Probably multiple times.

A Georgia girl has died after her 4-year-old brother accidentally shot her, authorities say - CNN

"Detectives determined that no charges will be filed."

Really? Way to go Mom.
I read that article the other day. This was a sad event, and the police detectives made the best call that could be made. That mother will have sorrow against herself for the rest of her life for her inability to see the future. She may have forgotten that the gun was even there and that's just human. Prayers up for the entire family, their friends, and the counsellors who will hopefully be able to help them heal from this tragedy.

You are confused Moon Bat.

You stupid Moon Bats hate the idea of personal accountability, don't you? That is just the kind of stupid assholes you are.

The gun didn't kill the child.

The brother didn't kill the child.

No filthy gun law or lack of gun laws killed the child.

Parental irresponsibility killed the child. You don't leave a loaded gun where children can get it. The parents owned a gun but didn't follow the most basic gun safety law and now a child is dead. You can't fix stupidity like that.

The mother should have joined the NRA and took one of the gun safety courses. The NRA is the largest gun safety organization in the world.

Once again....

a less than desirable minority area. You know, the ones that vote for Democrats

Tell us more about this here "moonbattery". :popcorn:

Forum List

Back