A good Question

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Pat Robertson Struggles To Explain Why He's Needed Surgery If Faith Is Enough To Heal Anybody -

On "The 700 Club" today, Pat Robertson fielded a logical question from a viewer who wanted to know why Robertson has had to undergo various surgeries if faith is all that it takes to heal any medical condition.

"Why have you undergone surgeries if your faith would be enough?" asked the viewer, prompting Robertson to struggle to provide a coherent answer. ( why am I not surprised)

Doesn't it say John 14:13 - And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

James 5:14-16
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up.

Pat Robertson Struggles To Explain Why He's Needed Surgery If Faith Is Enough To Heal Anybody

he's the last of the tele-evangelistic nutters isn't he? jim & tammy...gone. jimmy swaggart...gone. oral roberts...gone. jerry falwell...gone. i'm surprised he didn't say it was all the homogays fault.

• Banned
he's the last of the tele-evangelistic nutters isn't he? jim & tammy...gone. jimmy swaggart...gone. oral roberts...gone. jerry falwell...gone. i'm surprised he didn't say it was all the homogays fault.
jim & tammy...

Tammy croaked but Jim is still in the con game with a new bimbo
Home - Jim Bakker Show

And swaggart is still around fleecing the flock

Jimmy Swaggart Ministries | Family Worship Center | SonLife Broadcasting Network

Why is there handicap parking spaces at healing churches?

Also add Zola Levitt to that list of the damned.

If Faith Is Enough To Heal Anybody -

did Columbus know for sure there was land across the void ? -

misinterpretation of Faith, Pat Robertson included does not negate the final result.

I don't hate God, I simply don't believe in His existence.

But I do hate the hypocrisy from televangelists. Either one really believes in the power of prayer to heal or one doesn't. One shouldn't be able to say "pray for me and send me money to prove your faith" when one's own faith is lacking to the point that one goes to physicians as needed.

Prayer does heal. But if one doesn't have faith in God enough to use the resources on hand to heal, why should we conclude they have faith to be healed by God?

A better question is why do you hate God so much when you supposedly don't believe in Him?
Hate your god? That's like saying someone hates blue flying monkeys from the planet kolob wearing magical underwear . How can one hate something that is not there? What I do find curious as to why people who claim its real don't act according to their claims (like the Op content about Robertson). I see you too are avoiding the question. Why is that?

Prayer does heal. But if one doesn't have faith in God enough to use the resources on hand to heal, why should we conclude they have faith to be healed by God?

Good weasel words!!

And the the old , doesn't have faith enough to be healed!

The only thing missing is the old : send in a love offering to show your faith !!!

Christian blunder was through not knowing the messianic age references that it would be a time where we straightened the bent (path not cripple),
give sight to the blind (clueless not those without sight) as the veil is removed from their eyes(Isaiah), raise the dead (complacent lifeless uninvolved people or death worshipers who chose to covet death over life),
cure the deaf (people who refuse to listen).
Moshiach isn't supposed to be the one doing these things except removing the veil and being catalyst, as these are descriptions of the age not Moshiach.
That's where Rome reading the Judaic description flounders when trying to place Jesus into text and fulfill him. It get's exposed in the funny and fantasy concepts that come out of the mistake interpretations in their falacious attempts at fooling people.

Also note, "bring back the dead"....
the Dead was what they called people banished outside The Kingdom walls...once in a while you could be brought back..,bringing back the dead would refer to
bringing people living a life outside the kingdom standard to start living life in the pursuit of righteousness and becoming Shalem (complete and whole).

A better question is why do you hate God so much when you supposedly don't believe in Him?
Hate your god? That's like saying someone hates blue flying monkeys from the planet kolob wearing magical underwear . How can one hate something that is not there? What I do find curious as to why people who claim its real don't act according to their claims (like the Op content about Robertson). I see you too are avoiding the question. Why is that?

I already did answer. But if you'd like more in depth responses it will have to wait till I'm off my phone

"I am sent for continually, though I only go occasionally, because it is a privilege of every father, who is an Elder in Israel, to have faith to heal his family, just as much so as it is my privilege to have faith to heal my family; and if he does not do it he is not living up to his privilege. It is just as reasonable for him to ask me to cut his wood and maintain his family, for if he had faith himself he would save me the trouble of leaving other duties to attend to his request."

"If we are sick, and ask the Lord to heal us, and to do all for us that is necessary to be done, according to my understanding of the Gospel of salvation, I might as well ask the Lord to cause my wheat and corn to grow, without my plowing the ground and casting in the seed. It appears consistent to me to apply every remedy that comes within the range of my knowledge, and to ask my Father in Heaven, in the name ofJesus Christ, to sanctify that application to the healing of my body"

"But suppose we were traveling in the mountains, … and one or two were taken sick, without anything in the world in the shape of healing medicine within our reach, what should we do? According to my faith, ask the Lord Almighty to … heal the sick. This is our privilege, when so situated that we cannot get anything to help ourselves. Then the Lord and his servants can do all. But it is my duty to do, when I have it in my power" - Brigham Young

Forum List

Back