🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A lawyer in California is pushing a ballot measure to legalize killing gay people

A bat shit crazy homophobe who wants to kill gay people is bad enough.

That the creature is a lawyer is downright scary!

But I must say, this is one of the good things about a secure democratic system.

That proposal is never going to become law in California. It will, however, allow millions upon millions of people to laugh at and/or scorn that lawyer, who is obviously a nutcase.

It's just a little shocking that in the 21st century, some people are willing to be so draconian...

It's batshit crazy. But there is an anti-gay undercurrent that remains under the veneer of civility - look at the involvement of certain American churches in Africa trying to craft anti-gay legislation. It's down right regressive, but since they can't succeed at home, they'll try somewhere else.

Which begs the question, what exactly do they believe that they are accomplishing? The same thing that this idiot lawyer in CA is advocating? Only it is reality in Africa. Real people are being beaten by mobs and imprisoned for the "crime" of being gay.

How is needlessly harming your fellow man doing God's "work"?

The eternal question :dunno:

For those who are suffering because of this it is more of an infernal question.

This guy sounds like a perfect candidate for ISIS. He'd fit right in.

As the San Francisco Chronicle and Sacramento Bee reported, the proposal would require the execution of anyone who touches a person of the same sex for sexual gratification by "bullets to the head or by any other convenient method." It declares that it's "better that offenders should die rather than that all of us should be killed by God's just wrath." Private citizens would be allowed to step in to act as executioners if the state didn't within a year, meaning that the murder of gay and lesbian people would effectively be legalized.

A lawyer in California is pushing a ballot measure to legalize killing gay people - Vox
Lefties are continually pushing ballots to legalize killing infants and other vulnerable people. In other words, meh. I don't see this gaining a lot of support.

I can never figure out why religions hate gay people so much.

That's because you don't bother to actually consider it, except to get all hysterical when you hear about it from the homo lobby. This attorney isn't "a religion". Just so you know.

Me neither. There are gays who are born into families belonging to all religions. It isn't as though they have never encountered them before.

Because the books they read that they believe were written thousands of years ago by magical beings in the sky told them it's wrong.

Because the books they read that they believe were written thousands of years ago by magical beings in the sky told them it's wrong.

So where is the church named in the article?

Oh yeah. It isn't. You guys like to pretend that one whacko attorney is speaking for the church. It's just evidence of your bigotry and ignorance of the establishment you hate.

That is because you don't want to hear the truth ......................

Religions, all religions are societal road maps that instruct one on how to interact with a particular sect of society.

There is not now nor has there ever been any point in time in which any religion, except pagan religion, approved of homosexuality.

Homosexuality goes against nature and religion by trying to eliminate the bi-sexual reproductive schema.

This is against both God and nature ..............................

So, you can make your pious statements and plead ignorance, but at the end of the day, we all know WHY ...............

As the San Francisco Chronicle and Sacramento Bee reported, the proposal would require the execution of anyone who touches a person of the same sex for sexual gratification by "bullets to the head or by any other convenient method." It declares that it's "better that offenders should die rather than that all of us should be killed by God's just wrath." Private citizens would be allowed to step in to act as executioners if the state didn't within a year, meaning that the murder of gay and lesbian people would effectively be legalized.

A lawyer in California is pushing a ballot measure to legalize killing gay people - Vox
As I recall when ever one of us points out an ignorant law proposal by a lefty you turds all pipe up with who cares it will never pass. Now explain to us the chance of this law even getting through committee?

That's not how ballot initiatives work in California. Once the proposal is submitted, a signature drive starts to gather the required amount of signatures to put the initiative on the ballot. The intent of California's ballot initiative is to allow the people to popularly enact their own laws, bypassing the legislature.
It takes about 365,000 signatures to get this on the ballot. Are there really that many nutjobs in California? I suppose there must be since this guy got elected.

State Senator, Ricardo Lara is asking the Bar Association to investigate an attorney who recently proposed a ballot initiative that would require gay people to be executed.

Lara contends McLaughlin’s ballot initiative could be a violation of the California bar’s code of conduct for attorneys, according to the Reporter.

"Qualification to become a licensed attorney not only includes educational requirements and an examination, but also requires demonstrated 'good moral character,'" Lara told the ReporterMonday. "The state bar's admissions rules on good moral character include that those seeking admission to the bar demonstrate respect and obedience for the law, and respect for the rights of others and the judicial process."

It's a bit hard to believe that supporting the murdering of gays demonstrates good moral character, respect for and obedience for the law, and respect for the rights of others and the judicial process.

California Sen. Seeks Bar Review for Lawyer with Kill the Gays Proposition Advocate.com

This is yet another example of the problems with California's demented direct democracy nonsense.

Nevertheless, there's no chance this will come close to getting on the ballot, let alone getting passed.

This guy is just a real-life troll. Giving him and his initiative attention is letting him win.
Nonsense indeed.

Further evidence of the wisdom of a republican form of government where the people are subject solely to the rule of law.

As I recall when ever one of us points out an ignorant law proposal by a lefty you turds all pipe up with who cares it will never pass. Now explain to us the chance of this law even getting through committee?

That's not how ballot initiatives work in California. Once the proposal is submitted, a signature drive starts to gather the required amount of signatures to put the initiative on the ballot. The intent of California's ballot initiative is to allow the people to popularly enact their own laws, bypassing the legislature.
It takes about 365,000 signatures to get this on the ballot. Are there really that many nutjobs in California? I suppose there must be since this guy got elected.
And those signatures are costly. Do you know how they get them? They pay people to go to shopping centers and gather signatures. They are paid between 50 cents and $2 per signature. The higher the pay, the more they're motivated to push the higher paying petitions. With some good effort, these guys can clear several hundred dollars in a day and many do. As you can imagine, it's only special interests that can afford the millions of dollars needed to gather the required number of signatures.

Forum List

Back