A little "test" for Trump: Is he pro-NATO or pro-Putin?

For the last 70 years we have been part of a formidable coalition called NATO, whose MAIN purpose has been to ward off the encroachment of totalitarian Russia.

Turkey sought and became a member of NATO in 1952.

ALL NATO members imposed sanctions on Russia for a variety of reasons, but especially for Putin's blatant invasion and occupation of Crimea.

Defying NATO sanctions, however, Turkey has chosen to buy a huge stockpile of weaponry from Putin (supposedly because Turkey is "afraid" of the Kurds.)

Now, one would expect that our "beloved" Trump would be a bit pissed at Erdogan of Turkey......but, as we all know, Trump would rather harass France and Germany and Canada, than to ever go against someone like Erdogan since he greatly and enviously admires dictators.......and heaven forbid for the Russian stooge in the oval office to EVER chide the likes of his handler, Putin for sowing discord among NATO members.

So, Trump is facing a test of whether he is more pro-NATO or pro-Putin (and Erdogan)....How do you think this little "test" willgo over with Trump?
As long as he pisses off progressives... he doing his job

For the last 70 years we have been part of a formidable coalition called NATO, whose MAIN purpose has been to ward off the encroachment of totalitarian Russia.

Turkey sought and became a member of NATO in 1952.

ALL NATO members imposed sanctions on Russia for a variety of reasons, but especially for Putin's blatant invasion and occupation of Crimea.

Defying NATO sanctions, however, Turkey has chosen to buy a huge stockpile of weaponry from Putin (supposedly because Turkey is "afraid" of the Kurds.)

Now, one would expect that our "beloved" Trump would be a bit pissed at Erdogan of Turkey......but, as we all know, Trump would rather harass France and Germany and Canada, than to ever go against someone like Erdogan since he greatly and enviously admires dictators.......and heaven forbid for the Russian stooge in the oval office to EVER chide the likes of his handler, Putin for sowing discord among NATO members.

So, Trump is facing a test of whether he is more pro-NATO or pro-Putin (and Erdogan)....How do you think this little "test" willgo over with Trump?
As long as he pisses off progressives... he doing his job
YES he's doing such a great job NONE of us will be staying home on election day ,,,Thank you

Lol, I love the way the OP framed the question between two options, as if those x 2 are the only / mutually exclusive options...

There is no better reason for every Dem and Indy to go out and vote on election day than to reduce the orange anus's power

Maybe Trump should give Putin a reset button and kiss his ass and compliment him like Hillary and Obama did. :icon_rolleyes:
He hated them both Which is a good thing

President Trump has to clean up Hillary and Obama's mess yet again.
LOL he's doing one hell of a job The whole world thinks he's nutz and we have no friends left But you have Putin lol Hold on to those eye teeth

Ah, you lied, then you lied a 2nd time. :itsok:

Maybe Trump should give Putin a reset button and kiss his ass and compliment him like Hillary and Obama did. :icon_rolleyes:

LOL he's doing one hell of a job The whole world thinks he's nutz and we have no friends left But you have Putin lol Hold on to those eye teeth

I never lie,,,,What's the point? Mistaken once in a while ,,but never lie

I never lie,,,,What's the point? Mistaken once in a while ,,but never lie

Just your screen name rates 2 :eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Trump has not made a secret of his anti-NATO sentiments which seem to have extended to anti-Western Europe in general.

His preference for strong men and dictators is obvious. However this is not new in U.S. foreign policy - the U.S. has supported dictators throughout the world for a very, very long time.

What is new is his support for Putin combined with his animosity towards Western Europe and Canada.

The U.S. has always been economically & financially tied to Western Europe and Canada, Europe owns a BIG piece of America.

Now its seems that Trump is trying to usher in a new era - A Russian dominated Europe. Once that happens an isolated America may not do very well.

If he succeeds we'll see the end of the 'American Century' and the beginning of the 'Russian Century'.
China owns a big piece of America too ,,,someone once said you're known by the friends you keep Also by the enemies you have.....Anyone but Putin our friend now?

so which would be best: war with Russia or a working relationship with them? you guys seem to want war, why?

There's a whole lot more choices than that!

Right now, maintaining our relationship with Western Europe, keeping pressure on Russia for having meddled in our elections - and to get them to negotiate on the situation in Ukraine.

We don't have to be either best buddies with them OR go to war with them.

I agree with that. we aren't "best buddies" with any other country, never have been. Each country always puts its own interests first, except for the USA during the Obama years.

Have you been to Russia? the Russian people are just like us, they don't hate us or want to destroy us, they want to live in peace just like we do. Mexico is doing more harm to us than Russia is.

wrong, he laughed at their incompetence and took advantage of them at every turn. No one hates the village idiot. but many hate the guy that makes them follow the rules.
Red last month is calling again Haven't you got the latest ,,that Obama sanctioned Russia and Trump, ,putins pussy,,let up on them ??

wrong, he laughed at their incompetence and took advantage of them at every turn. No one hates the village idiot. but many hate the guy that makes them follow the rules.
Red last month is calling again Haven't you got the latest ,,that Obama sanctioned Russia and Trump, ,putins pussy,,let up on them ??

can you translate that to English? too much cheap vodka last night?

I drink only the best scotch I leave the cheap stuff to you red necks

Used to be another guy on TV that couldn't ""cipher"" you remind me of him

Gin drinker myself, Beefeater preferably.

back to your nonsensical post, translate please.

Obama sanctioned Russia ,,,,
Congress put additional sanctions on Russia
Trump refused to authorize those sanctions
Didn't want to hurt the guy who has the goods on him and who helped him win the election
Now do you understand my republican fiend?

Meanwhile the morning here on LI is beautiful and cool Humidity down Coffee by the garden No stocks and no politics makes ed a dull boy

Didn't want to hurt the guy who has the goods on him and who helped him win the election

I would if your last 3 lines were true, but they aren't. Sanctions remain, more may be coming.

Obama lifted sanctions or Iran and gave them billions of dollars that went directly to the terrorists that want to kill you and me.

The sanctions on Russia remain and more may be coming.

stop the lies.

I would if your last 3 lines were true, but they aren't. Sanctions remain, more may be coming.

Obama lifted sanctions or Iran and gave them billions of dollars that went directly to the terrorists that want to kill you and me.

The sanctions on Russia remain and more may be coming.

stop the lies.
Heres more red Call them lies too
Trump Declines to Add Sanctions Against Russians, Contradicting Haley
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/16/us/.../trump-rejects-sanctions-russia-syria.html
Apr 16, 2018 - WASHINGTON — President Trump rejected, for now at least, a fresh round of sanctions set to be imposed against Russia on Monday, a course ...

Forum List

Back