A message from a veteran about firearms in this country

Have I touched a nerve? I hope so. I really don't care. I like my guns just like to have fun. Its fun to poke fun. My 270 can outshoot any assault rifle. That I do know and would bet all my money on....all of it.

Search up "Senator Evie Hudak." She ended up losing her job because she dared to speak against the NRA. This was in 2013, right after the Newtown and Aurora shootings

She may have lost her job but it would have been for denying Rights to her electorate....

Again..link to that statistic...

This story is the only somewhat unbiased one I could find that includes what she said.Colorado Gun Rights Activists Claim Another Scalp

In the article, it talks about how she told a gun nut that a woman was 81 times more likely to have the gun taken from her, than to use it in self defense

So the woman that used it to protect her has no Fucking right asshole?

That reminds me of a story of a kid picking up star fish and throwing one by one back into the ocean

A guy walks up and says son there are thousands of them..you can't save them all

The little kid picks up another throws it back and says " sure mister but I just saved this one"

I thought that was what you liberals and progressives are all about?
For every one woman who uses a gun to defend herself, there are Eighty ONE women who have died BECAUSE they were allowed to carry guns.

Concealed carry has killed 81 times more deaths than lives saved

Link..again it saved one woman's life the other 81 had that choice to fire or put it down..

The fact that they were given a choice to carry a gun everywhere ended up killing them.

he ships were not subject to military discipline or command and they sold their captures for profit. These ships, and indeed most merchant vessels of the time, carried several cannon. It would be a safe bet to say that at ratification there were more cannon in the hands of civilians than in the hands of the US government.

I don't know if you have the brain capacity to realize that what you are alluding to is a MERCENARY force.....Is that what a private citizen brandishing an assault weapon really is???

No, that's not a mercenary force, that's piracy.

If you wash your pits every once in awhile they won't stink or turn blue. Though I can see how the stick would keep people away and you protected.

Ya know I can see people's point about gun nuts they used to drive me crazy at my old job, so Fucking boring on how they had to carry all the time even going to walnart pfzzt please .

The only thing that bugs me about gun nuts, is somewhat the same thing that bugs me about certain car and truck owners. They brag about the strength and size all the time like it is an extension of their personality. Just because you own a fast car, a huge truck, or a powerful gun, that doesn't make you special.
The same thing can be said about intellectuals, nothing makes them special

Being smart, strong, double-jointed... yeah those things do make you special. Just because you own a powerful gun does not. I have nothing against owning guns, I just get annoyed with all the excited talk about how powerful this one is, or how many rounds per second this one can fire... etc. To me, bragging like that is no different than praising a kid for a participation trophy. Anyone can get one.

I agree it is boring as all hell, a gun is just a tool but a car is a babe magnet and gureenteed for even old guys like me to get laid :)

View attachment 92392

Damn that's a nice looking Lamborghini..

Have I touched a nerve? I hope so. I really don't care. I like my guns just like to have fun. Its fun to poke fun. My 270 can outshoot any assault rifle. That I do know and would bet all my money on....all of it.

And you would lose. I have a AR that I built that shoots sub 1/2 MOA all the way out to 600 meters. Then it opens up to about 3/4 MOA out to 800 meters.

I have an f150...2016.....just got it....only 35 grand. Rustic you are probably a flag waving Chevy driver. If you need a tow this 79 year old can pull you out. Family first patriotism way down on my list.
The only thing worse than nationalism is globalism, that's where I stand. I drive a Dodge 3500, grand Cherokee, 69' cuda w/426 hemi...

This story is the only somewhat unbiased one I could find that includes what she said.Colorado Gun Rights Activists Claim Another Scalp

In the article, it talks about how she told a gun nut that a woman was 81 times more likely to have the gun taken from her, than to use it in self defense
I read your link and I'm THANKFUL to the people of Colorado for throwing this moron out.

And the bitch says the figure is 83 to 1.

That means, she's claiming that for every woman who DEFENDS HERSELF, 83 HAVE THEIR GUN TAKEN AND ARE SHOT WITH THEIR OWN WEAPON.

So, 83x200,000 means 16.6 MILLION WOMEN ARE MURDERED EVERY YEAR WITH THEIR OWN GUN.

Use your head instead of promoting some leftist moron's lies.

For every one woman who uses a gun to defend herself, there are Eighty ONE women who have died BECAUSE they were allowed to carry guns.

Can you link us to the names of these women?

You've had a busy first day here. Welcome.

What kind of job did you find after you got out of the Army? What are you doing now for a job?

She may have lost her job but it would have been for denying Rights to her electorate....

Again..link to that statistic...

So the woman that used it to protect her has no Fucking right asshole?

That reminds me of a story of a kid picking up star fish and throwing one by one back into the ocean

A guy walks up and says son there are thousands of them..you can't save them all

The little kid picks up another throws it back and says " sure mister but I just saved this one"

I thought that was what you liberals and progressives are all about?

Link..again it saved one woman's life the other 81 had that choice to fire or put it down..

The fact that they were given a choice to carry a gun everywhere ended up killing them.

Ok here is a problem. You are quoting statistics that you said she pulled from the Uniformed Crime Report. There are a couple fallacies in that. First, the UCR only has crimes that have been reported. So that's the first problem. The second problem is there is no way to clearly quantify the number of crimes that have been stopped or prevented entirely by people who carry guns.

Now this works for both sides of the argument, for and against guns... but to say that 81 women who carry guns die compared to every 1 woman that saves her own life with the gun... yeah that sounds absurd.

I've shown you twice now why that statistic you're throwing out is a LIE.

You're only making yourself look stupid.

I can shoot 600 yards open sight tight group...open sight...79 years old. Still bench pressing 350 lbs easy. Steady as a rock. Drive f150 union made.....Swedish american. Born in america.

Wrong...a gun is a tool created to preserve the life of the owner...and most of the time...it does this without ever being fired....
It's estimated 200,000 times a year a woman uses a firearm WITHOUT EVER FIRING A SHOT to defend herself from some form of attack.
A woman is 81 times more likely to have her gun ripped from her hands and be shot with it, than to successfully use it for self defense.

Colorado Senator Evie Hudak told this fact to a gun nut during a hearing, and the NRA ended up trying to kick her out of office because they didn't like her speaking plain and simple STATISTICS
Paid poster alert

No, that's not a mercenary force, that's piracy.

Re-read what one of your ilk wrote (or have a grown up read it to you) .....

I know what they said, and you aren't understanding the difference. Stealing from someone else and selling it for profit on the high seas is piracy. If someone outside of the crew was paying them to attack other ships and then turn over the spoils to them, that would be a mercenary force.

Can you link us to the names of these women?

You've had a busy first day here. Welcome.

What kind of job did you find after you got out of the Army? What are you doing now for a job?

I go to college now. I also worked retail for a while after my military service, where I saw firsthand the poor treatment and struggles of minimum wage workers in this country

Forum List

Back