A message from a veteran about firearms in this country

Didn't you take an oath to defend the Constitution? Do you happen to know what it says? JW

The constitution says that "the people" as a whole are allowed to bear arms to form "well regulated militias"

Basically, there is a collective right for civilians to form an armed force to stand by in readiness to defend the country. The second amendment is therefore fulfilled by the existence of the U.S military
Translation: No, I never swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Fuck all of you losers who joined the military.

Dude, you go from "a collective right for civilians to form an armed forced" to the U.S military is a militia? WTF? Maybe if you'd enlisted or went to a quality high school you'd have a better understanding of our Constitution.
I am a veteran of the 82nd airborne division. I qualified as marksman on my M4 Carbine during 12B OSUT, even when my weapon malfunctioned: twice, during the qualification test.

Big deal. Marksman is the lowest qualification you can get. I have never failed to qualify Expert in the 60 years I've been actively shooting.

I am a veteran of the 82nd airborne division. I qualified as marksman on my M4 Carbine during 12B OSUT, even when my weapon malfunctioned: twice, during the qualification test.
Ahh, so that was your own work? Interesting. So please clear up the mistakes you made that I pointed out. TIA

I qualified expert every year with the M-16 (first year was M-14) my entire career. Malfunctions happen. Clear it and take another shot. WTFO?

Big deal. Marksman is the lowest qualification you can get. I have never failed to qualify Expert in the 60 years I've been actively shooting.
Agreed.

Odd, isn't it, that only those who never served think "marksman" is a top rank for shooting qualifications?

You need to read Divine Wind's post. He did not argue for the AR 15 be a hunting rifle, however the AR15 is a good hunting rifle. Your assumption comes from the AR15 being chambered only for the .223 Rem (or 5.56x45 NATO cartridge.) The .223 Rem is used for coyote, fox, prairie dog, or other similar small-sized game. For larger game hunting larger size bullet chambering such as for the 6.8SPC or .308 bullets. Deer or Elk hunters may choose a .308 or .338 Lapua cartridge and the rifle is still an AR15. Look into the issue before you post.
Agreed and thanks for the clarification. As the article I linked pointed out, SP or HP rounds and less than 200 yards can make it a better hunting round but it's still illegal to use it to hunt deer and other large game.

I'm NOT a democrat. Democrats are still WRONG on MANY issues, such as their weakness in the face of right wing obstruction or their military interventionism overseas, or their lack of support for reparations, a basic income for all citizens,

You ran away from the thread you started on reparations.

So tell us, how much do you want for never having been a slave? What's the number $$$ ?

And I'm keeping my firearms.

Agreed.

Odd, isn't it, that only those who never served think "marksman" is a top rank for shooting qualifications?

Yep. Bullshitters all. And what's funny is they think they are actually fooling people. Pathetic.

You need to read Divine Wind's post. He did not argue for the AR 15 be a hunting rifle, however the AR15 is a good hunting rifle. Your assumption comes from the AR15 being chambered only for the .223 Rem (or 5.56x45 NATO cartridge.) The .223 Rem is used for coyote, fox, prairie dog, or other similar small-sized game. For larger game hunting larger size bullet chambering such as for the 6.8SPC or .308 bullets. Deer or Elk hunters may choose a .308 or .338 Lapua cartridge and the rifle is still an AR15. Look into the issue before you post.
Agreed and thanks for the clarification. As the article I linked pointed out, SP or HP rounds and less than 200 yards can make it a better hunting round but it's still illegal to use it to hunt deer and other large game.

That depends on which State you live in. Many States allow the use of .223 rounds and AR's. Most States have outlawed the use of .50 cal rifles as that gives the critters no chance at all. You can quite literally shoot from one ridge line to the next. The critters never even hear it coming.

That depends on which State you live in. Many States allow the use of .223 rounds and AR's. Most States have outlawed the use of .50 cal rifles as that gives the critters no chance at all. You can quite literally shoot from one ridge line to the next. The critters never even hear it coming.
Agreed it depends.

As the article points out, different loads and expanding rounds have negated the reasons why several states have banned the round, but it's still on their books.

It's also one of the reasons why I prefer the 7.62X39mm round; more punch at short ranges. It's easily good out to 200 yards+ but due to the brush around here, it's unlikely to see any game at more than 100 yards.

Interesting about the .50 cal round. I hadn't heard about it being banned, but understand it would probably blow a hole the size of a fist through anything it hit.

Agreed.

No, I know that there is marksman, sharpshooter, and expert. I shot marksman most of the time because I knew the basics with my weapon, but wasn't really interested in spending hours at the range just to get a bit more decoration on my marksmanship badge

Agreed.

Yep. Bullshitters all. And what's funny is they think they are actually fooling people. Pathetic.

First off, I know that marksman is the lowest of three qualifications. It still means that I am trained in the use and care of firearms. And if nobody believes me about my military service, then why are there TEN or so users on this forum who gave my original post a thumbs up?

Agreed.

First off, I know that marksman is the lowest of three qualifications. It still means that I am trained in the use and care of firearms. And if nobody believes me about my military service, then why are there TEN or so users on this forum who gave my original post a thumbs up?

Uh, I don't think that is what the thumbs up was for. It was from the liberal nutjobs that want severe laws and restrictions on guns. They could care less if you served in the military.

No, I know that there is marksman, sharpshooter, and expert. I shot marksman most of the time because I knew the basics with my weapon, but wasn't really interested in spending hours at the range just to get a bit more decoration on my marksmanship badge
It's more about ability than practice since we all have the same amount of training on the range.

Probably because they love anti-gun rants by alleged members of the military because the far left has so few ex-military personnel supporting their causes.

Agreed.

Uh, I don't think that is what the thumbs up was for. It was from the liberal nutjobs that want severe laws and restrictions on guns. They could care less if you served in the military.
No. I recieved a "winner" from ELEVEN users here, and another "agree", because my military service in one of the most elite divisions in the U.S Army has given me great insights into the sorry state of gun laws here in the USA

Agreed.

No. I recieved a "winner" from ELEVEN users here, and another "agree", because my military service in one of the most elite divisions in the U.S Army has given me great insights into the sorry state of gun laws here in the USA

Ok, if that's what you think and it makes you feel good. Would it make you feel good to snuff out a few old people too? Maybe burn down a nursing home?

It's more about ability than practice since we all have the same amount of training on the range.

Probably because they love anti-gun rants by alleged members of the military because the far left has so few ex-military personnel supporting their causes.

The military is indeed overwhelmingly reactionary and bigoted, but there are still a decent amount of people with common sense who are either serving or have served.

For example look at this book by Michael Moore. Will They Ever Trust Us Again? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is nothing less than a collection of HUNDREDS of letters from soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan talking about how stupid the war is and how terrible of a president Bush was

Agreed.

Oh, I doubt you know diddly about weapons in general. I don't know of a single 82nd soldier who qualified as low as Marksman. I suppose it's possible, but they tend to be pretty damned good soldiers. What is the soldiers term for a particularly good soldier?

Agreed.

Oh, I doubt you know diddly about weapons in general. I don't know of a single 82nd soldier who qualified as low as Marksman. I suppose it's possible, but they tend to be pretty damned good soldiers. What is the soldiers term for a particularly good soldier?

"Tight?"

Agreed.

"Tight?"

Nope.

Agreed.

"Tight?"

Nope.

Hmm you've got me wondering about this myself. Is this an Army thing? In the Marines a guy would say that a soldier has got his shit "tight."

Yayyyy! I'm so happy you have something to feel good about your life.

Forum List

Back