A message from a veteran about firearms in this country

The F106 Delta Dart (aka "manned missile") was a vicious plane to fly...I recall the highest accident rate of any US jet fighter before or since.
That's probably more about training and operator error than design flaws since it was used as a drone well into the 1980s.

The Navy and Marines had a very high accident rate in the 1950s and early 1960s. NATOPS (standardization) helped reduce that accident rate significantly. I expect the Air Force instituted a similar program to reduce accidents.

As for the ejection seat, early seats were "cannon" seats and had a relatively narrow ejection seat envelope. Too low/slow or too fast, especially in a supersonic interceptor, and the ejecting pilot wouldn't survive. That was common among all fighters at the time.

Nope. It was always a vicious aircraft to fly. The ejection seat fix took years (guess what the drones don't care if the ejection seat works) to fix and no, it was a particularly difficult aircraft to develop a seat for. Weber worked for years on a Zero/Zero seat. Convair gave up in frustration and contracted out of house for the fix.

As I recall, ALL deltas-including the MiG-21, the B-58, and the Delta Dagger-are vicious, unforgiving planes. (I also recall that is one reason the "cranked arrow" F-16XL was never put into production.)

Then again, many successful fighters-from the Sopwith Camel to the Me109 to the Spitfire-were unforgiving to fly.

She's appealing to those people who are likely to support her. Just as people on all sides do the same thing. Remember Trump saying Mexico would pay for he wall. Er... right, sure thing Donald.
I'll be the first to admit Trump is a lying blowhard politician, but it's nice to see you agree Hillary and Trump are alike.

So vote third party.
I am. It's not a secret I can't stand either Hillary or Trump, yet I also think it's a civic responsibility to vote. I'm sick and tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. If anything, the Democrats have proved to everyone that "star chamber" picks the candidate they want the Democrats to support. Bernie threw a little wrinkle in their plans, but ultimately, the selected candidate was the one Democrats supported. The Republicans finally imploded to the point of complete disfunction. They'll need to get their shit together over the next four years if they want to regain power and take the WH in 2020.

By voting third party you help consolidate the very thing you hate...Trump is a reset.....by keeping Hilary out we get more time to try to fix things...Hilary has shown exactly how she will weaponize the government...and by not voting trump you help her do it....there will be nothing that she does that can be stopped..she will control every law enforcement agency and intelligence agency,.......the press will cover up any scandal, and the republicans are incompetent and cowardly and won't stand in her way...the democrats...will happily do what she wants since they want it too...

TRump is 4 years...controlled by the antagonism of both parties, the law enforcement establishment will not protect him....and the press will turn a microscope on every activity....

If you truly want limited government you have to vote trump..lue is the only one who will be limited in his actions...

Nope. It was always a vicious aircraft to fly. The ejection seat fix took years (guess what the drones don't care if the ejection seat works) to fix and no, it was a particularly difficult aircraft to develop a seat for. Weber worked for years on a Zero/Zero seat. Convair gave up in frustration and contracted out of house for the fix.
Sorry, but the job of a fighter (or interceptor) pilot isn't to eject. It's to avoid ejecting. If it can be flown as a drone, it's not that vicious to fly.

It's far easier to fly aircraft as drones than as combat aircraft. The F-106 was designed fairly early so aerodynamic qualities weren't well understood. That's why it had vicious tip stall characteristics that weren't discovered until they were getting wrung out by real pilots. You are good at making gross generalizations that truly have no bearing on reality.

The F106 Delta Dart (aka "manned missile") was a vicious plane to fly...I recall the highest accident rate of any US jet fighter before or since.
That's probably more about training and operator error than design flaws since it was used as a drone well into the 1980s.

The Navy and Marines had a very high accident rate in the 1950s and early 1960s. NATOPS (standardization) helped reduce that accident rate significantly. I expect the Air Force instituted a similar program to reduce accidents.

As for the ejection seat, early seats were "cannon" seats and had a relatively narrow ejection seat envelope. Too low/slow or too fast, especially in a supersonic interceptor, and the ejecting pilot wouldn't survive. That was common among all fighters at the time.

As I recall, ALL deltas-including the MiG-21, the B-58, and the Delta Dagger-are vicious, unforgiving planes. (I also recall that is one reason the "cranked arrow" F-16XL was never put into production.)

Then again, many successful fighters-from the Sopwith Camel to the Me109 to the Spitfire-were unforgiving to fly.

I've actually flown in a MiG- 21UTI and the only real problem it has is on landing. You really, really, have to maintain a good sink rate and you have to keep the airspeed within a real tight range to make a good landing. Controls are heavy at high angle of attack but they are predictable. The stall characteristics are pretty benign with control being very positive all the way down to 100 knots. It truly is a remarkable aircraft.

Back when the constitution was written, the vast majority of voters rejected the idea of a standing army. However, the founding fathers thought that it was important for the country to have a standing military in case of emergencies.

Therefore, they wrote the second amendment in order to grant the "people" (not individuals, but the people as a whole) to form and maintain a military in spite of the public opposition to a standing army.

"The well regulated militia" refers to a group of volunteer citizenry who are trained and drilled in the use of arms to defend their homes. Aka the U.S military. I was a part of the "well regulated militia." A gun nut who owns 80 assault rifles in his basement is not.

You are a traitor to your oath, and a fuckin retard with pitiful reading comprehension skills just like every other bedwetting fascist libturd pig.

I'll bet you're an ASVAB waiver and believe Bradley Manning is a hero.

/ignore

It's far easier to fly aircraft as drones than as combat aircraft. The F-106 was designed fairly early so aerodynamic qualities weren't well understood. That's why it had vicious tip stall characteristics that weren't discovered until they were getting wrung out by real pilots. You are good at making gross generalizations that truly have no bearing on reality.
Conversely, you are good at making mountains out of molehills.

The bottom line here is you are trying to turn GW into Chuck Yeager and that just ain't true because he isn't nor wasn't.

Conversely, you are good at making mountains out of molehills.

The bottom line here is you are trying to turn GW into Chuck Yeager and that just ain't true because he isn't nor wasn't.

Not even close. He is no CY, not even close, but he did serve, and he did serve in a dangerous branch flying a dangerous aircraft. Those are facts. You trying to make him out to be a bumbling fool is not.

Not even close. He is no CY, not even close, but he did serve, and he did serve in a dangerous branch flying a dangerous aircraft. Those are facts. You trying to make him out to be a bumbling fool is not.
Quote me where I'm "trying to make him out to be a bumbling fool". No rush. I'll wait.

Oh, so all liberal judges will be on the Supreme Court. You're also ignoring that the Senate plays a part in putting a justice into the Supreme Court.

Breyer, in DC v. Heller, didn't go fully for the individual argument, just that an individual right has limitations.

You can read Steven's dissent and tell me whether he would be voting for a "collective right" or not.

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

"Specifically, there is no indication that the Framers of the Amendment intended to enshrine the common-law right of self-defense in the Constitution."

Which is actually right. The 2A was not about self defense in any way. It's about the militia. Individuals have two rights, the right to be in the militia and the right to own a weapon, and the 2A protects those, but not so people can defend themselves. However self defense would come from another part of the Bill of Rights.

In fact Stevens says he upholds the Miller view of things. And after Miller there was no collective right implemented.

So, you can say "they will take away our guns", but you're not providing any evidence for it.

I never said all.
I said liberal judges, based on passed rulings and if Hillary gets elected, yes the court would get one or more liberals on.

The Dems have a good chance at taking the Senate.

Not sure why I wrote that, but anyway.

Yes, the court would get one more liberal, that also doesn't mean that it would happen. It's scaremongering at it's best, and has been happening for 8 years already.

It is a fact, like I or not.
Look at the actions of the elites on both sides.

You're damn right it's a fact. The 5-4 majority in Heller vs. DC will be reversed into a 5-4 or 6-3 majority in favor of common sense gun laws and the proper interpretation of the second amendment in regards to the "militia" being the u.s military.
Canned post by a paid poster...
commonsense gun laws is a dog whistle for firearm registration and more frivolous laws… LOL

Bushmaster XM 15 just like the one in your avi pic but more beat up. Same gun Adam Lanza shot up Sandy hook with. This day, I will be selling this gun with 8 30 roundmags, 3 40's and about 500 rounds of ammo, in a Starbucks parking lot no less for $2,000 dollars due to the new hysteria Trump and Hillery are causing. I thought I missed my chance for the Obama gun sale bonus, but Hillery came through and made me my money. Libs are the best thing to happen to private gun dales eveah!

Bushmaster XM 15 just like the one in your avi pic but more beat up. Same gun Adam Lanza shot up Sandy hook with. This day, I will be selling this gun with 8 30 roundmags, 3 40's and about 500 rounds of ammo, in a Starbucks parking lot no less for $2,000 dollars due to the new hysteria Trump and Hillery are causing. I thought I missed my chance for the Obama gun sale bonus, but Hillery came through and made me my money. Libs are the best thing to happen to private gun dales eveah!
Why are you selling?

Why are you selling?

I have three AR's and one in .50 Beowolf under construction that I need money to finish. It will be an SBR with a suppressor so I also need some bucks to file my NFA trust.

I have three AR's and one in .50 Beowolf under construction that I need money to finish. It will be an SBR with a suppressor so I also need some bucks to file my NFA trust.
Thanks for the update. I went another way with two AKs and an AR-10.....and a shitload of ammo. :D

For fun, I also have a 1943 Mosin-Nagant and a Zastava M48 (Mauser 8mm). Both are hanging in my man cave. I'm thinking of adding an Enfield .303 No. 4 Mk 2 to the collection, but thinking it's too much diversification.

w1woid.jpg

2duwfls.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I went another way with two AKs and an AR-10.....and a shitload of ammo. :D
I'm forming an ammo company, hopefully it will be up and going by the election.
It's going to be called R.I.P. center mass...

For fun, I also have a 1943 Mosin-Nagant and a Zastava M48 (Mauser 8mm). Both are hanging in my man cave. I'm thinking of adding an Enfield .303 No. 4 Mk 2 to the collection, but thinking it's too much diversification.

w1woid.jpg

2duwfls.jpg

IMO the No. 4 Mk II is the finest bolt action battle rifle ever made.

w1woid.jpg

2duwfls.jpg

If I were going to war with a bolt gun I would say hell yeah. The sorters you find now and again are pretty nice to. There was also a company years ago who redid them in 45/70 and sold it as a hog gun. In Australia I read years ago that it was popular to convert them to 7.62x39 as well. Would love to have a 45/70 one, but .303 and .308 versions are awesome as they are.

w1woid.jpg

2duwfls.jpg

If I were going to war with a bolt gun I would say hell yeah. The sorters you find now and again are pretty nice to. There was also a company years ago who redid them in 45/70 and sold it as a hog gun. In Australia I read years ago that it was popular to convert them to 7.62x39 as well. Would love to have a 45/70 one, but .303 and .308 versions are awesome as they are.
Marine Corps philosophy is "one shot, one kill". This means not only precision, but intelligent use of offensive arms.

A long range (500-700M) single shot weapon can turn a war is it is used properly. This doesn't mean the LW anti-gun assholes are correct, just that any weapon can be deadly if use efficiently.

w1woid.jpg

2duwfls.jpg

No, your doing fine. Change nothing except for one thing, lose those commie block weapons and get some murican stuff. Kidding aside, during one of my my gun quest I came across a Remington 700 that was Chambred for 7.62x54r going for a whopping $250.00. I passed, but I bet it was a ice shooting gun. Russian equivelant of the 30/06 and a population hunting round in Europe to. Can't say what brass costs now, but back when I had my commie bolt gun I would get 1,000 empty cases for $80.00. I also wonder, did you have to fit the that bayonet or would it go on when you got it? I had to remove some metal to make mine work.

w1woid.jpg

2duwfls.jpg

Marine Corps philosophy is "one shot, one kill". This means not only precision, but intelligent use of offensive arms.

A long range (500-700M) single shot weapon can turn a war is it is used properly. This doesn't mean the LW anti-gun assholes are correct, just that any weapon can be deadly if use efficiently.

This is what kills me, it is completely legal for me to have a cannon, a damp 16 pounder fully functioned and mounted in the back of my truck, bassicaly making it a technical capible of causing mass casualties for about nothing cost wise, yet they want my AR?

w1woid.jpg

2duwfls.jpg

This is what kills me, it is completely legal for me to have a cannon, a damp 16 pounder fully functioned and mounted in the back of my truck, bassicaly making it a technical capible of causing mass casualties for about nothing cost wise, yet they want my AR?

More likely it would be an 18 pounder. There were 16's but they were very uncommon. In general the cannon projectile weights ran 2, 4, 6 (mounted artillery), 9, 12 (the famous Napoleon of Civil War fame), 18, 24, 32, and the 68 pounder carronade as mounted on Nelsons Victory.

Forum List

Back