A Muslim Brit nails it again on the New Zealand attack

Mr. Nawaaz is risking his life trying to reform his beloved but troubled religion.

He is calling for civility and accountability and decency and communication, and an end to hatred and violence, as part of the process.

And a few here are more than willing to attack and insult him for it.

What does that tell you?
Are you saying that he is above scrutiny ?
Nope!

I'm just curious as to why you Regressives are so against the guy.

My guess is in post 305. All I can do is guess, really, because I certainly don't expect you folks to be honest.
Says the guy who can't answer an honest question.

He said nope. That's an answer.

Mr. Nawaaz is risking his life trying to reform his beloved but troubled religion.

He is calling for civility and accountability and decency and communication, and an end to hatred and violence, as part of the process.

What does that tell you?
Nope!

My guess is in post 305. All I can do is guess, really, because I certainly don't expect you folks to be honest.
Well thanks for that. I dont think anybody is ok with some aspects of Islam. Bot I cant see this guy as some sort of reformer. He makes a good living out of saying things that appeal to some.

Why I'm speaking up for Islam against the loudmouths who have hijacked it | Maajid Nawaz

My intention was not to speak for any Muslim but myself – rather, it was to defend my religion from those who have hijacked it just because they shout the loudest. My intention was to carve out a space to be heard without constantly fearing the blasphemy charge, on pain of death. I did it for Salmaan Taseer, the governor of Punjab who was assassinated by his bodyguard for calling for a review of Pakistan's colonial-era blasphemy laws; for Malala Yusafzai, the schoolgirl shot in the head by the Taliban for wanting an education; and for Muhammad Asghar, a mentally ill British man sentenced to death for "blasphemy" last week in Pakistan.

What does that tell you?
Nope!

Says the guy who can't answer an honest question.

He said nope. That's an answer.
Not that question.

Mac knows what I'm talking about.

What does that tell you?
Nope!

Well thanks for that. I dont think anybody is ok with some aspects of Islam. Bot I cant see this guy as some sort of reformer. He makes a good living out of saying things that appeal to some.

Shame on him for not putting his life on the line for free. He should be a shoeless pauper who spreads his message by standing on a street corner handing out flyers. Oh, wait...that would get him arrested and possibly killed on the streets of London..

What does that tell you?
Nope!

His name always seems to surface after a tragedy related to Muslims.

What does that tell you?
Nope!

Shame on him for not putting his life on the line for free. He should be a shoeless pauper who spreads his message by standing on a street corner handing out flyers. Oh, wait...that would get him arrested and possibly killed on the streets of London..
Life on the line ? You exaggerate his importance.

What does that tell you?
Nope!

How important was Ebba Akerlund when she was run over and split into several pieces by an Islamic terrorist?

What does that tell you?
Nope!

He maybe of good character but his views seem to change with his funding.

What does that tell you?
Nope!

Trying to have his cake and eat it to.

That is what I thought as well and I think LoneLaugher's question to Mac was aimed right on target.

Nope!

That is what I thought as well and I think LoneLaugher's question to Mac was aimed right on target.

Is this what you will do to every public figure who tries to reform Islam?

Nope!

How important was Ebba Akerlund when she was run over and split into several pieces by an Islamic terrorist?
As important as the hundreds of thousands slaughtered in Americas middle east oil wars.

Nope!

I don't think so. I don't have a problem with him trying to reform Islam.

The only nut on our side so far has been the guy who shot up the republican softball game. You know how you can tell he was a liberal? No one died. Terrible shot. Clearly not a gun nut. LOL

That's flippant and it plays into their moronic rhetoric. I condemn that act as strongly as I do the Christchurch horror. And that act no more is indicative of liberals or even "bernie bros" than the Christchurch massacre is indicative of anyone BUT white nationalists and those that condone them and what they do

Or people who defend the white nationalists as good people.

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People on Both Sides'
The president backtracked from his remarks on Charlottesville just a day earlier.
White Nationalist = Patriotic Caucasian
It does not = White Supremacist
dude this is what they are trying to do. they want you and I to become obsolete, the new muslims.
91% of CEOs are white men. It should be 50% women and 15% blacks, Latinos, muslims or indians.

You won’t be obsolete you will just control your fair share.

This is a diverse country. White men shouldn’t control it.

I’m not talking about money. We have the power and the money now. Nothing we can do about that. But white boys in the future won’t have an unfair advantage

I don't think so. I don't have a problem with him trying to reform Islam.
I dont think anybody does. A lot of the problems seem to relate to culture and poverty .

What does that tell you?
Nope!

Fascists hate liberalism and anything that threatens to liberalize Islam, they oppose.

I quote Maajid Nawaz regularly here. He is the liberal Muslim Brit who coined the term "Regressive Left", horrified by the way many on the Left make a bad situation worse by coddling the worst elements of Islam in the West. Mr. Nawaz can see both sides of this issue. I know being able to see both sides of an issue is not considered a good thing here.

He risks his life every day, pushing for reform of his beloved religion. He was assaulted, again, just the other day (I suspect he'll be attacked here, too - that's how they operate). Here's his take on the predictable madness that has followed the New Zealand attack.

The New Zealand Mosque Massacre Blame Game Is Out of Control

LONDON—The anti-Muslim terrorist attack at two mosques in New Zealand marked perhaps the lowest point for Muslim communities in the West since the Bosnia genocide. It has left no doubt that far-right extremism is on the march once more.

But the sheer human tragedy of this attack against my Muslim communities has not deterred extremists from those other two ends of our political spectrum, the far left and the theocratic Islamists, from seeking to exploit it for their own nefarious purposes.

So it is with no surprise that I noticed, a mere day after 50 of my fellow Muslims were so publicly and tragically killed, while the blood was still wet and the bodies remained unburied, that the ideologues had circled like vultures. Opportunistic Islamist and far-left extremists began calling for a purge of people whose politics they disagree with, and started publishing McCarthyite lists of personae non grata to target. Few have come under fiercer assault than my friend and collaborator in dialogue, Sam Harris. The following spectacle has been incredibly unedifying.

Of course, inflammatory anti-Muslim language must be condemned by us all, and many anti-Muslim provocateurs should take a hard look at themselves after New Zealand, just as we must condemn inflammatory Islamist and far-left language. That is different, though, from trying to silence an entire policy concern like Western foreign policy or opposing immigration and critiquing Islam respectively. Only the extremists wish to shut down debate. And so it is crucial that we do not respond to far-right extremism in such a way that we inadvertently empower extremists from other ends of the political spectrum. Terrorists prefer the bullet to the ballot. Let us not become pawns in their game.

If you weigh the harm to innocents over the last 20 years, Islamic terrorism remains the far greater concern than right wing supremacists. The numbers of attacks are alarming. That is not to exonerate the ways of right wing zealots.

I notice your author lists eloquent and famous atheist Sam Harris as his “friend and collaborator.” No wonder he sees the only solutions in terms of human efforts in hopes to change the minds of their enemies. I don’t. Not when there are dark spiritual elements involved. For many Christians, what’s at stake is of even greater concern

What does that tell you?
Nope!

Fascists hate liberalism and anything that threatens to liberalize Islam, they oppose.
Fascists?

Forum List

Back