A Muslim Brit nails it again on the New Zealand attack

Mac1958, I have a direct question for you.
Does Nawaz believe that all Muslims are jihadis?
Oh boy, here we go.

No.

But you probably knew that.

Neither do I. And that is the only defense of Islam that I have ever offered in my life.

How is it that you have used his label for Islamic apologists to describe me for several years now? What have I ever said that gave you that impression.
Because that what I have chosen to do. If you don't like that, and you clearly don't, you'll just have to find a way to get over it.

Well then. That’s mature. I can feel your honest desire to have the discussion oozing from your pores.

I quote Maajid Nawaz regularly here. He is the liberal Muslim Brit who coined the term "Regressive Left", horrified by the way many on the Left make a bad situation worse by coddling the worst elements of Islam in the West. Mr. Nawaz can see both sides of this issue. I know being able to see both sides of an issue is not considered a good thing here.

Actually, the man is a pathetic sellout seeking the approval of white people, which is kind of sad... But let's see what he says.

That is different, though, from trying to silence an entire policy concern like Western foreign policy or opposing immigration and critiquing Islam respectively. Only the extremists wish to shut down debate. And so it is crucial that we do not respond to far-right extremism in such a way that we inadvertently empower extremists from other ends of the political spectrum. Terrorists prefer the bullet to the ballot. Let us not become pawns in their game.

Yawn, you spread Islamophobic filth, and then you wonder when a nut takes it too far. Sorry, you guys did this.... own it. Love it.

Actually, the man is a pathetic sellout seeking the approval of white people, which is kind of sad... But let's see what he says.

I take it you'd rather muslim immigrants to the UK self-segregate and make no effort to assimilate to the culture and instead stew in resentment.

Don’t Call Me ‘Porch Monkey’
As a liberal Muslim challenging Islamists and engaging atheists, Maajid Nawaz has been vilified by leftists who sound an awful lot like bigots.

What I require, dear Muslims, is your patience. For it is due to precisely this concern of mine for universal human rights, that I vehemently oppose Islamist extremism and call for liberal reform within our communities, for our communities. I merely express my opinion about the future of our religion. I am not your enemy. I am not your representative. I am not your religious role model… but I am still from you, and I am of you. I have suffered all that you suffer. And I refuse to abandon you.

Who gives a fuck. Isn't this enough?

described President Donald Trump as “a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose.”
So the new zealand shooter cited trump.

The white supremacist coast guard member cited trump.

The mail bomber cited trump.

The synagogue shooter cited trump.

Hmm...is there a pattern?
:CryingCow:
So you finally can't deny it so this is what you come back with. We know you are an intellectually dishonest person.
Lol
Trump had nothing to do with those... Are you trying to guilt by association again?

How deeply has President Trump taken our politics into the gutter? Consider this from President Bill Clinton's first term. Sen. Jesse Helms, the ultraconservative and Republican from North Carolina was asked about whether Clinton should visit the troops at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina.

Helms responded the President shouldn't come down to his state because the military hated him because he had avoided service in Vietnam and reduced military spending. The senator told a radio station, "Mr. Clinton better watch out if he comes down here. He'd better have a bodyguard."

The remark provoked an inquiry from the Secret Service and front-page coverage in all of America's newspapers.

Fast forward to 2019 and now we have President Trump telling Breitbart News, "I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of Bikers for Trump -- I have tough people, but they don't play it tough until they go to a certain point and then it would be very, very bad." Twenty-five years after the Helms incident, though, there certainly won't be an apology from Trump for threatening violence against his political opponents, there won't be an investigation and I bet we don't find it on the front page of any newspaper.
Lol
There’s a reason why military folk can’t stand progressives...

Normal adults said they don’t want a Muslim invasion. Maybe we should respond to people’s concerns rather than calling their concerns unreasonable?
I can see that you can only see one side of this.

That's part of the problem.
and yet...

Normal adults said they don’t want a Muslim invasion. Maybe we should respond to people’s concerns rather than calling their concerns unreasonable?
Yes we should.

People on the other end of this issue have reasonable concerns too.

Perhaps you could list a few.
reasonable persons can always be reasonable. find me some from the muslim world. Is ISIS under control? How about Al-qaeda? how about the Middle East?
Mr. Nawaaz.

Which part of the Muslim world would you like the US to resemble Mr Mac?

I can see that you can only see one side of this.

That's part of the problem.
and yet...

Yes we should.

reasonable persons can always be reasonable. find me some from the muslim world. Is ISIS under control? How about Al-qaeda? how about the Middle East?
Mr. Nawaaz.

I don't know.

Make a point.

and yet...

Yes we should.

Mr. Nawaaz.

I don't know.

Make a point.

Ok. Short and sweet. When the US looks like the places Muslims or Mexicans flee from then where will they flee to?

Oh boy, here we go.

No.

Neither do I. And that is the only defense of Islam that I have ever offered in my life.

How is it that you have used his label for Islamic apologists to describe me for several years now? What have I ever said that gave you that impression.
Because that what I have chosen to do. If you don't like that, and you clearly don't, you'll just have to find a way to get over it.
Wow.
Talk about a lack of integrity.

Oh boy, here we go.

No.

Wow.
Ouch, you really got me there!

Oh boy, here we go.

No.

Wow.
Yes, your indifference to honest dialogue has already been noted.
But thanks again for making the point.

Oh boy, here we go.

No.

Wow.
You're welcome.

Now that you have that out of your system, perhaps you can answer a question.

Why are the Regressive Lefties here so against a guy who is trying to improve a terrible situation for his religion?

Okay, I'm just kidding, I don't expect a straight answer.

Plus, I've already covered that here.

Mr. Nawaaz is risking his life trying to reform his beloved but troubled religion.

He is calling for civility and accountability and decency and communication, and an end to hatred and violence, as part of the process.

And a few here are more than willing to attack and insult him for it.

What does that tell you?
Are you saying that he is above scrutiny ?

Mr. Nawaaz is risking his life trying to reform his beloved but troubled religion.

He is calling for civility and accountability and decency and communication, and an end to hatred and violence, as part of the process.

What does that tell you?
Nope!

I'm just curious as to why you Regressives are so against the guy.

My guess is in post 305. All I can do is guess, really, because I certainly don't expect you folks to be honest.

Wow.
You're welcome.

Now that you have that out of your system, perhaps you can answer a question.

Why are the Regressive Lefties here so against a guy who is trying to improve a terrible situation for his religion?

Okay, I'm just kidding, I don't expect a straight answer.

Plus, I've already covered that here.

I’m not against the guy.

What does that tell you?
Nope!

My guess is in post 305. All I can do is guess, really, because I certainly don't expect you folks to be honest.
Says the guy who can't answer an honest question.

What does that tell you?
Nope!

Says the guy who can't answer an honest question.
Oh, you got me again!

Dang!

Forum List

Back