A new bill in New York requires hairstylists to be trained in all hair textures

Is there a supposed issue with this? What’s wrong with someone who wants to be a licensed hair stylist to be familiar with all types of hair? Why would anyone be against this ?

I'm against any form of government micro managing every aspect of our lives.

I'm against the very idea diversity and inclusion has be forced into every aspect of our lives.

I'm against this idea we have to kiss blacks asses and make exceptions for them at every turn.

So yes, I am against it 100%.

I'm against the very idea diversity and inclusion has be forced into every aspect of our lives.

I'm against this idea we have to kiss blacks asses and make exceptions for them at every turn.

My former boss wanted more employees to join the company’s DEI programs. He said DEI is not about blm. I nearly fell to the floor and say yes it is. I never thought the country would flip inside out finding ways to make everyone say everything is great about blacks and you cannot say anything negative. I was very wrong.

Yes black hair is different texture than white hair and requires different techniques and products. A professional hairstylist should learn all types of hair.

They can still choose to specialize in whatever style they wish
Or, politely tell the black person you dont do black hair

What you propose then is a complete waste of time the purpose of which is to make the school more money.
I purpose nothing. However if you are
Going to train someone to be a hairstylist they should be trained in all hairstyles its common sense

But you are ok with making a black person learn how to cut white girl hair in order to be licensed

Is there a supposed issue with this? What’s wrong with someone who wants to be a licensed hair stylist to be familiar with all types of hair? Why would anyone be against this ?

Lets say the "stylist" lives in a white majority area or the black "stylist" lives in a predominantly black area?
Why would they need to learn both?
And I highly doubt a black person is going to go for a haircut in Whitey town anyway.
Seems like blacks trying to force their themselves on Whitey if you ask me.
And to be honest I would never go to a black stylist because they aren't likely to know how to give me a proper white boy haircut.

Lets say the "stylist" lives in a white majority area or the black "stylist" lives in a predominantly black area?
Why would they need to learn both?
And I highly doubt a black person is going to go for a haircut in Whitey town anyway.
Seems like blacks trying to force their themselves on Whitey if you ask me.
And to be honest I would never go to a black stylist because they aren't likely to know how to give me a proper white boy haircut.
Whitey was forcing themselves on the black stylist by requiring them to learn white styles for the licensing to begin with. This makes the license a more balanced one.

Whitey was forcing themselves on the black stylist by requiring them to learn white styles for the licensing to begin with. This makes the license a more balanced one.
It smacks of social engineering rather than health and safety

From the link:

It is Sen. Bailey’s hope that at the very least, the new law will lead to those with textured hair — particularly Black and brown people — to feel more comfortable when seeking out professional haircare services.

“When we talk about mental health and how we feel, I think that we should understand that hair care and personal care are a part of that overall feeling of wellness,” he said.

“There’s no one state law or any law that [can] solve societal ills,” he said. “But when people that are not necessarily of your culture take the time out to learn something, I think it is looked upon favorably.

When translated from Liberish to English what that means is social engineering designed to make black people feel loved and wanted

Not bullshit at all, the stylist had to pay extra for the classes dealing in their hair styles but were forced to take those dealing with white styles.
You seem to be telling us that black people are qualified only to do white hair

It smacks of social engineering rather than health and safety

From the link:

It is Sen. Bailey’s hope that at the very least, the new law will lead to those with textured hair — particularly Black and brown people — to feel more comfortable when seeking out professional haircare services.

“When we talk about mental health and how we feel, I think that we should understand that hair care and personal care are a part of that overall feeling of wellness,” he said.

“There’s no one state law or any law that [can] solve societal ills,” he said. “But when people that are not necessarily of your culture take the time out to learn something, I think it is looked upon favorably.

When translated from Liberish to English what that means is social engineering designed to make black people feel loved and wanted
They were forcing black people to learn white hair styles prior to this, it’s only become an issue when the show was placed on the other foot. The white people bitching are the ones who need to feel special. Sensitive ass folks they are

They were forcing black people to learn white hair styles prior to this, it’s only become an issue when the show was placed on the other foot. The white people bitching are the ones who need to feel special. Sensitive ass folks they are
See post #76

You seem to be telling us that black people are qualified only to do white hair
That was the previous requirement they had to pay extra for the other classes. Now everyone is treated equal as it should be. Why do you have a problem with that

That was the previous requirement they had to pay extra for the other classes. Now everyone is treated equal as it should be. Why do you have a problem with that
A better idea is to give students a choice

If they want to only do white hair take Course A

If they only want to do black hair take Course B

Forum List

Back