🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A new political party: what would it take?

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Jul 5, 2012
How could an alternative political party establish itself?

In the past, 'third parties' have either been temporary, special concern efforts or something that formed around a personality. What would it take for a genuine new party to become accepted? What more do the present mis-representatives have to do to convince us of the necessity of an alternative?

The 'two-party system' has become almost an article of quasi-religious faith in America, even though at the beginning there were no parties, or rather only one. Perhaps we don't need more, but fewer political parties.

I know that many are so married to their present party that what I'm talking about is already heresy. Perhaps a nice name for it would give it charm. "The American Renewal Party"? "The Founders' America Party"? "The New American Revolution Party"? Here's one, "The Rights and Responsibilities Party".
"The Bill of Rights Party"?
"The Democratic Republic Party"?

Anyone's ideas are welcome (hope this poster doesn't get 'crucified').

Thanks in advance for thoughtful, coherent, respectful interchange.

Killer candidates with name recognition who care about the issues that concern the people.....who don't back down to the press.

Killer candidates with name recognition who care about the issues that concern the people.....who don't back down to the press.

Wouldn't that just be temporary, though, and too much a 'cult of personality'?

A third party to win national presidential election would need a large constituency of third part state elected representatives to vote for a third party presidential candidate in the electoral college...

Simple:
STV: single Transfer Vote system/Alternative Vote

I would suggest Proportional Reprentation as well.

The Tea Party was suppose to a grassroots alternative movement but Obama put big obstacles in their way to get their message out by using the IRS to curtail political opposition. With corruption like that then the cards are pretty well stacked against a serious movement.

This country isn't near as free as most people think it is.

The Tea Party was suppose to a grassroots alternative movement but Obama put big obstacles in their way to get their message out by using the IRS to curtail political opposition. With corruption like that then the cards are pretty well stacked against a serious movement.

This country isn't near as free as most people think it is.

Uh, no.

The tee potty was nothing more than a tool, created by the Koch's and designed to dupe the masses.

The Electoral College is an impediment, then. Perhaps its time is over.

Charm?

I started the We Love The Constitution The Most Party but it never seemed to catch on.

Then I started the God Bless America, Hot Dogs, and Apple Pie Party, and it didn't last very long either.

I'm thinking now of starting a Big Tent party.

Other suggested names:

One Man One Woman Party

Gun Toting Party

No Muslims Allowed Party

Flag Pin Party

Abolish the IRS Party

End the Fed Party

What if some billionaire decided to finance a third party just to challenge the 'other two'?

Last edited:
Ending the Electoral College seems to be something that upsets a certain segment. Why is that?

[

Uh, no.

The tee potty was nothing more than a tool, created by the Koch's and designed to dupe the masses.

That is like saying that the Democrat Party is nothing more than a George Soros tool designed to dupe the stupid Americans that Johnathan Gruber warned us about.

You are being brainwashed by the idiots on MSNBC or something. When we started the local Tea Party faction in the city I lived none of us had ever heard of the Koch Bros and we sure as hell never got any money from them so you are barking up the wrong tree there Sport.

Ending the Electoral College seems to be something that upsets a certain segment. Why is that?

There is too much power concentrated in the large metropolitan areas. The Electoral College spreads the power out to middle America a little bit and that is a good thing. You don't want the ghetto queens electing every president, do you?

By the way, the Electoral College was a compromise between having the President elected by direct vote and having him/her appointed by Congress.

The purse strings are directly controlled by electing the House. What is there to fear by directly electing the person to execute what is financed?

Forum List

Back