Do you support such a tax

• No new taxes!

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Hell yes!

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • NO! It's a slippery slope

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
tax the purchases of stocks, bonds and other financial instruments.

See and read:

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/22/a-sales-tax-on-wall-street-transactions/?_r=0

Now vote:
SOLVE OUR GROWING DEBT:

(1) Stop foreign aid unless there's a genuine need or an emergency.
(2) Close unnecessary military bases on foreign soil.
(3) End subsidies.
(4) Stop the care and support of illegal immigrants.
(5) Stop no-bid government contracts ( Halliburton, GE ).
(6) End senseless deadly costly wars.
(7) Stop exploring the far reaches of the universe until we have to the money to do so.
(8) End pork spending
(9) Put America back to work, producing what America uses and consumes.
(10) End tax loopholes.
(11) Demand fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade with our many trading partners.
(12) Stop building mosques on foreign soil.
(13) Stop supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists.
(14) Stop paying bribes to foreign governments ( Iran, North Korea ).
(15) End excessive military spending
(16) Stop any and all bailouts

Ending the loop holes on the rich would be a huge tax increase when you think of revenue. I think it would be awesome...

Sonny, I probably agree with at least 8 of those. I think we should refocus on our homeland and exploring our universe doesn't hardly cost a thing next to what we're spending. SO don't act like it is the problem.

We should focus on infrastructure, science, r&d and education for America.

See and read:

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/22/a-sales-tax-on-wall-street-transactions/?_r=0

Now vote:
SOLVE OUR GROWING DEBT:

(3) End subsidies.
(7) Stop exploring the far reaches of the universe until we have to the money to do so.
(8) End pork spending
(10) End tax loopholes.
(11) Demand fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade with our many trading partners.

here is how i feel
1. Good idea.
2. Combine every second base into one. Pretty much we agree!
3. Unless it is a new tech that needs to get off the ground(Fusion, ram-jet, to orbit tech)...Otherwise, I agree.
4. Agree.
5. Not a good idea. We should support r&d and staying on the cutting edge. We're a stronger country with higher living standards because of it. Countries that don't are normally poor.
6. Totally agree.
7. Humans have always explored and advanced. Firing hundreds of thousands of high paid workers is stupid.
8. What exactly is pork spending? If it is to build a new bridge, road or support r&d...Well, pork spending might be a good idea. If it is to study ant sex? Well, you may have a point.
9. True. But we'd have to stop outsourcing and raise tariffs to protect our market.
10. 100% agree.
11. Good idea!
12. Great idea!
13. Awesome idea! Logical.
14. Wise idea! Use mad if they want to cause trouble with us.
15. I agree but we should keep a smaller but cutting edge military in case we need it.
16. I agree with most bail-outs. Not all of course.

• Banned
Me,

I'd raise taxes on the rich to 45%, cut the military to 400 billion per year and nationalize our healthcare system. I'd put most of the savings into infrastructure, science and education...This would expand our economy and decrease the debt faster.

There are those who want to cut taxes for the rich, claiming without evidence that they are the job creators. A small tax on the purchase of financial instruments will allow targeted income tax cuts to those citizens in need, small business, the real job creators, and reduce the deficit.

The harm to anyone is negligible sense the rate will be very low, and the benefits extremely high.

• Banned

See and read:

Now vote:
SOLVE OUR GROWING DEBT:

(3) End subsidies.
(8) End pork spending
(10) End tax loopholes.

here is how i feel
1. Good idea.
3. Unless it is a new tech that needs to get off the ground(Fusion, ram-jet, to orbit tech)...Otherwise, I agree.
4. Agree.
5. Not a good idea. We should support r&d and staying on the cutting edge. We're a stronger country with higher living standards because of it. Countries that don't are normally poor.
6. Totally agree.
7. Humans have always explored and advanced. Firing hundreds of thousands of high paid workers is stupid.
8. What exactly is pork spending? If it is to build a new bridge, road or support r&d...Well, pork spending might be a good idea. If it is to study ant sex? Well, you may have a point.
9. True. But we'd have to stop outsourcing and raise tariffs to protect our market.
10. 100% agree.
11. Good idea!
12. Great idea!
15. I agree but we should keep a smaller but cutting edge military in case we need it.

See and read:

Now vote:
SOLVE OUR GROWING DEBT:

(3) End subsidies.
(8) End pork spending
(10) End tax loopholes.

here is how i feel
1. Good idea.
4. Agree.
6. Totally agree.
10. 100% agree.
11. Good idea!
12. Great idea!

First of all this is a non sequitur, cutting taxes was a choice but few if any or us have the knowledge of what to cut, how much, and the consequences, both intended and otherwise, of such cuts.

My recommendation in this regard is simple. A constitutional amendment giving POTUS the line-item veto, and retaining the Congressional power to override it.

Me,

I'd raise taxes on the rich to 45%, cut the military to 400 billion per year and nationalize our healthcare system. I'd put most of the savings into infrastructure, science and education...This would expand our economy and decrease the debt faster.

I'd raise taxes on the rich to 45%, cut the military to 400 billion per year and nationalize our healthcare system. I'd put most of the savings into infrastructure, science and education...and watch the country collapse shortly thereafer

Me,

I'd raise taxes on the rich to 45%, cut the military to 400 billion per year and nationalize our healthcare system. I'd put most of the savings into infrastructure, science and education...and watch the country collapse shortly thereafer

Why not respond to the OP?

We can have the same net effect by cutting spending 3%, I'm against new taxes

You're not alone, which is why we keep doing the same thing over and over again and some expect a different outcome.

How many federal workers wold lose their jobs if 3% was cut from the Federal Budget? Do you know?

Just for fun, do you know we have less civilian Federal Employees today, then we did in 1966?

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/22/bloated-government-federal-employment-at-47-year-low/

Just for fun, let's say 2.5 million civilian American Citizens are employed by the Federal Government, if we cut 3% 75,000 civilian employees will be terminated.

Now what are the consequences of such a layoff? Consider, the saving to the budget and then factor in the unintended consequences of large layoffs on the person, his or her family, the community in which they live and where they last worked.

We can have the same net effect by cutting spending 3%, I'm against new taxes
You're not alone, which is why we keep doing the same thing over and over again and some expect a different outcome.
How many federal workers wold lose their jobs if 3% was cut from the Federal Budget? Do you know?
Necessarily?
None.
Why?
Cutting entitlement benefits - the huge majority of federal spending - by 3% does not reduce the number of people getting benefits.

Audit and shrink government. That'll do it.

CrusaderFrank chastised me for calling others stupid. I always take his suggesting to heart, or the colon. In this case let me say your post is ridiculous, an echo and thoughtless.
At least my post had a point beyond disparagement.

How about responding to the op with a substantive remark?
I made perfectly legitimate and concise response. Audit and shrink government. Deal with that.

Forum List

Back