A peaceful society?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
I want a peaceful society! I am tired of America's culture of violence! What do we do? Get rid of all guns? Ban violence from movies and TV?

I want a peaceful society! I am tired of America's culture of violence! What do we do? Get rid of all guns? Ban violence from movies and TV?

You could move to Europe if you'd like, but American culture is never going to be a "peaceful" society. It's not the way that true Americans are born and raised. At least not the Men.

You have to realize that this nation was FOUNDED on multiple acts of violence and has been maintained over the last three centuries by acts of violence. There is no escaping it. I'm not certain if it was Machiovelli or Sun Zhu who said.... "The best way to ensure Peace is to prepare for War.". Whichever one it was, they were absolutely correct.

You claim to want peace but your solutions rest on the use of violence against the property of others.

Europe is peaceful only when dominated by a Superpower. Human competitiveness, which is the basis for most great achievements, precludes a "peaceful" society. The only way to restrain the masses is through entertainment, intoxication or brute force.

Europe is peaceful only when dominated by a Superpower. Human competitiveness, which is the basis for most great achievements, precludes a "peaceful" society. The only way to restrain the masses is through entertainment, intoxication or brute force.
If you factor in all the pogroms, the Holocaust, communist and Nazi purges, Balkan ethnic cleansing and wars on their own citizens, I wonder how the per capita murder rate in Europe since 1776 compares with ours.

I want a peaceful society!
Moving is your best option. The guns, culture, myths, and immaturity of Americans mean that America will always be a death zone.
Everybody dies, fool.

The Earth is a death zone.
While true there are many locations on the earth with a better quality of life, including the factor of death by violent means. The real peace comes only when the disease known as humanity is no more.

Moving is your best option. The guns, culture, myths, and immaturity of Americans mean that America will always be a death zone.
Everybody dies, fool.

While true there are many locations on the earth with a better quality of life, including the factor of death by violent means. The real peace comes only when the disease known as humanity is no more.
Feel free to make your personal contribution.

If you factor in all the pogroms, the Holocaust, communist and Nazi purges, Balkan ethnic cleansing and wars on their own citizens, I wonder how the per capita murder rate in Europe since 1776 compares with ours.
I believe he's looking for peace in his time, not France during WWI.

Everybody dies, fool.

Feel free to make your personal contribution.
Soon enough but it will make no difference until nature takes its course.

And case in point, Americans promote violence even as the solution to debaters they dislike.

All of life is violent. Animals attack and kill one another. Humans are not unique. Even plants use their roots to choke off and kill other plants. Insects have wars involving armies of millions. Perhaps Mars with its landscape of inert rock in the only place of peaceful refuge open to you.

Forum List

Back